Things You're Hoping to See (Or Not to See) From The Upcoming Album by The Network

MarriedtoMikeDirnt

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Although I don't 100% agree with you, I have to say that this is an excellent point. The lazy attitude this band has shown over the past few years is starting to bother me.

To be fair, they don't owe you anything. To be bothered by it is a little extreme. If they want to continue to put out horrendous music under the Green Day name every 4 years, so be it. 

I am excited for The Network record. I was huge into the first one, and have not enjoyed anything they've released since AI. They just put out a record 9 months ago. It's not 1967 anymore...bands don't put out two records in a calendar year these days. Plus they have the tour next year. Your expectations are too high and unrealistic. I would guess the next Green Day album comes out in 2023. Hopefully they wait longer. A lot of fans want another album 9 months after FOAM....because its garbage.

• Like 2

lead vocals by all members would be cool! so far it seems like only fink, snoo and van gough will be singing on the new record. 

Edited by monkeyupinspace
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Although I don't 100% agree with you, I have to say that this is an excellent point. The lazy attitude this band has shown over the past few years is starting to bother me.

I don’t see why you not liking the album means they are lazy, I get you don’t like it, that’s fine but I don’t see the need to be so dismissive of their whole attitude.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

I don’t see why you not liking the album means they are lazy, I get you don’t like it, that’s fine but I don’t see the need to be so dismissive of their whole attitude.

Agree 100%. The album stinks. And at the end of the day, it's their band. People can vote with their dollars. Haven't bought anything theyve sold since AI. I am shocked people would even want another album so soon considering how fuckin shit everything has been they've put out. TAKE YOUR TIME!

6 hours ago, Paxton said:

Agree 100%. The album stinks. And at the end of the day, it's their band. People can vote with their dollars. Haven't bought anything theyve sold since AI. I am shocked people would even want another album so soon considering how fuckin shit everything has been they've put out. TAKE YOUR TIME!

To quote yourself at the top of this page:
They owe you (us) nothing.

If they want to put out multiple albums year that is THEIR choice. 

Ya'll are acting like some spoiled ass fans...

• Like 3

Some of us like to play along and treat this band like they're not who we know they are. And since when has Green Day been a predictable band? They can make music in the form, quantity and time they want and that doesn't make it shit. But Green Day is nowhere in the title of this thread, is it? This is about THE NETWORK.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Music:

I want a Kraftwerk/Joy Division king of music. (post punk, new wave),     

I think there will be a lot of power pop. (Foxboro, Dos!, FOAMF)

Lyrics: 

I want sci-fi elements (distopia, artificial intelligence, etc), critism of consumerism and religious analogies (just as MM2020).

I think there will be just a lot of politics,

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, Eric said:

Hoping not to see an upcoming album by the network. They should just focus on a new Green Day record. Pretending not to be some band and having some "beef" with Green Day while being Green Day is some WWE type of shit. Green Day should just be able to put out an some decent experimental album under the name GREEN DAY. Not this b/s.

but they did expirement under the green day name  with foam and some stuff on the trilogy and look how that turned out.in other peoples eyes. i like foam and i love nightlife.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nopride84 said:

i like foam and i love nightlife.

You're truly a different breed (not in a bad way).

• Like 3

On 11/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Gonzalo17 said:

A 9 minutes suite epic song

Hybrid moments cover in the album

A 9 minute suite and the a second disc covering every Misfits song ever.  They will fit.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:05 PM, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

You're truly a different breed (not in a bad way).

@nopride84 has it going on!   Those are two highpoints in the catalog for certain!

I had to look and see if that was my post, I agree so much. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It'll be great to finally hear a song fully sung by Van Gough and/or The Snoo again. Fink's got a great voice and all but I hope his vow of silence will carry over to at least a few of the songs on this record (no offense Fink.)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Astro Zombies cover

this is the perfect other misfits cover to do, and I hope they do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herroon said:

this is the perfect other misfits cover to do, and I hope they do it.

You can watch The Coverups do it.

• Love 1
  • Surprised 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 12:19 AM, Red said:

It'll be great to finally hear a song fully sung by Van Gough and/or The Snoo again. Fink's got a great voice and all but I hope his vow of silence will carry over to at least a few of the songs on this record (no offense Fink.)

Yeah, I love We Told Ya So but there's so much Fink.   

It'd be like Green Day 14 coming out and Jason White is singing lead vocals on 5 out of 12 songs.    I mean, it's really cool and really different, but somebody needs to unplug his mic at some point, ya know?      Give Mike Dirnt a chance, he never gets to sing lead anymore. 

But back to The Network.   I haven't listened to them today.     Been listening to older music today.   I'm sure I'll swing back around to We Told Ya So before this whole era is over with.