Billie Joe Armstrong Shares Cover of Wreckless Eric’s ‘Whole Wide World’

GreenDayItaly

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

Amazon has had exclusive GD stuff since 21sCBD why is it now an issue? 

It seems like the conversation is always shifting to things happening in the background instead of talking about the music.

• Like 1

Managed to listen to this somehow but don’t do that at home 29.gif

Not my favorite one, but still pretty good. Despite everything I hope more will come. 

• Like 1

I’d love more songs but turning this into SUBSCRIBE TO AMAZON MUSIC!!! certainly doesn’t make it better. It’s like the wholesomeness doesn’t last

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’d love more songs but turning this into SUBSCRIBE TO AMAZON MUSIC!!! certainly doesn’t make it better. It’s like the wholesomeness doesn’t last

Agreed. It seems like he took a casual impulsive thing that was just for a small group of fans and went all Coca Cola corporate with it.  I feel dirty now 😬

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Hahaha Billie was looking for someone worse than Joey to release his music so he went for Jeff Bezos :lol:

😂 Hmm, well can’t use Uncool anymore to release these so who else would make it a moral even swap...

But you’re right I had been speculating on here about what Billie was going to do now since he might not be able to use Uncool and I guess here is your answer 😑

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Agreed. It seems like he took a casual impulsive thing that was just for a small group of fans and went all Coca Cola corporate with it.  I feel dirty now 😬

😂 Hmm, well can’t use Uncool anymore to release these so who else would make it a moral even swap...

But you’re right I had been speculating on here about what Billie was going to do now since he might not be able to use Uncool and I guess here is your answer 😑

Yes... seems to me like a Crush thing. Remember how they were supposed to play a backyard party with some small punk bands last year and the plan tanked because Crush wanted to bring in corporate sponsors? I get that the point is to make money, but they don’t really have a good taste to tell when it’s pushing too hard and then it gets embarrassing.

Now we just have to hope nothing bad than usual comes out about Jeff B. or god help us with the next release :lol: (also so much for “I could become a soundcloud rapper”)

• Like 3

I mean, I don't know if it was reasonable to assume he would just keep releasing free music LOL, but I really wish he picked anything but Amazon LOL. I am certainly not going to pay for Amazon Music. I resisted ever ordering anything from Amazon up until about two years ago when it started becoming really hard to find certain things I needed. I can still count on one hand the number of times I buy through them per year, and I refuse to pay for Prime or any  other of their subscription services. I am one of those people who still likes to shop in person ("like" isn't even the right word because I hate shopping in general and don't have a lot of money for it anyway, so I only shop when I absolutely need something LOL). Feels like Amazon has taken over the world and it is basically impossible not to do some form of business with them. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Billie does going forward; I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he releases different songs on different platforms.