New album theory

dudley dawson

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I can't remember which one it was but I think the interviewer implied that's who it might be referring to and he like grins or something and clearly confirms it without directly saying it lol. Can anyone remember this?

I think it was during the KROQ interview. First one listed in this thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I can't remember which one it was but I think the interviewer implied that's who it might be referring to and he like grins or something and clearly confirms it without directly saying it lol. Can anyone remember this?

Don’t remember which interview it was but I think they clearly indicated at least once that if you felt it meant Donald they weren’t going to argue.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 11:03 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Whatever it is, it won’t be what fans expect (or what they think they want.) He’s made that perfectly clear.

FOAM 2 coming soon 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, michael1989 said:

FOAM 2 coming soon 

god, pls no 😅

i enjoy foam, it has very good tracks imo, but i dont need another "foam" :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

god, pls no 😅

i enjoy a few parts of foam, it has some decent tracks imo, but i dont want another "foam" :D

ftfy

Well it seems like Billie has chimed in on the subject in his story. He says “We would never make a part 2 of any past Green Day album... but if we did it would be Insomniac”

🥰 Nice to know he has such a soft spot for their most punk record 

• Like 3

I suppose if you were to interpret this to mean anything it could most likely mean that the next album is in the works and is not a continuation of any past album including FOAM. So no FOAM pt 2 either for those who were worried 

• Like 1

I believe there is something new on the way. I've seen some quarantine interviews with BJA, and he's been teasing new music and stuff. Though I do believe he said 2022 in at least one of the interviews, but that's probably just to throw us off. Even in some interviews of FOAMF, he's said that they still have a lot of unreleased songs. I think this is gonna be another trilogy situation where we get a lot of songs, but they're not the best. 

Also, I've heard him talk about Insomniac 2. That would be cool.

Edited by Alora Aldridge

On 10/17/2020 at 12:54 AM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

They should have call it American Idiot part II like they wanted in the beginning.
DAMN people would have been mad!

Oh god. I was fuming so hard I was practically crying just because of what they did with the artwork, imagine if they used the title too 🤬

No one touches my precious American Idiot.. not even... not even Green Day! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well it seems like Billie has chimed in on the subject in his story. He says “We would never make a part 2 of any past Green Day album... but if we did it would be Insomniac”

🥰 Nice to know he has such a soft spot for their most punk record 

I think he’s most likely just feeling a little nostalgic with the anniversary and everything.  I started playing Insomniac for the anniversary and can’t seem to change it now, it really is a great album so I wouldn’t complain if we did get Insomniac part 2 mind but I don’t expect it.

• Like 2