What’s your favorite trilogy album and why?

Fuzz

What’s your favorite trilogy album and why?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even just ignoring the lyrics of the song, Drama Queen is a really boring track to listen to imo. If I wanted to hear a softer Green Day ballad, Drama Queen would be the last one I'd go to.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Even just ignoring the lyrics of the song, Drama Queen is a really boring track to listen to imo. If I wanted to hear a softer Green Day ballad, Drama Queen would be the last one I'd go to.

I have got to admit I am sucker for The Forgotten. It's such a beautiful and layered song instrumentally.

I really hate the fact that they associated it with Twilight though, like WTF.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Red said:

I have got to admit I am sucker for The Forgotten. It's such a beautiful and layered song instrumentally.

I really hate the fact that they associated it with Twilight though, like WTF.

I like that song. Not a favourite but it's a nice enough tune, a solid end to the trilogy

I've heard that the soundtrack to twilight is really good though. The only other song from twilight I know that I can think of is Decode by Paramore and that's a great song imo

• 1 month later...

Mine is Tre. Uno is a joke, Dos is disappointing, and then there's a decent album. 

Tre is the light at the end of the tunnel. 

I remember when the trilogy came out. This is when I was first getting into Green Day. The first Green Day song that I listen to on my own free will (and not just because it was on the radio) was Kill the DJ. I thought it was good, so I listened to the whole album. Everything on that album is either extremely annoying, sounds like another Green Day song (most likely one on that album), or is just flat out bad. 

When Dos came along, I wasn't thrilled. I listened to it all the way through. Originally, I ated it, but as I've listend to it more, I feel like I could love it if they just made it better. So much potential to be great, but it's just not. Realistically, this is probably an alright album, but it's so disappointing that it's just disheartening to listen to.

By the time Tre came out, I was not planning on listening to it. So, I avoided it for a while, but I got bored waiting for another album. I knocked out in one sitting because I liked it. It has all the good songs. I think there's only two songs on there that I might avoid. 

Despite my disregard of the trilogy, I'm one of the people who will defend it with lines like "it's not that bad", or "it has some good songs".

Basically, the trilogy is just shitposting so they could mass produce songs, and they all ended up sounding like another song on the trilogy, but Tre isn't as bad as the other two.

3 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

i remember when the trilogy came out. This is when I was first getting into Green Day.

Wow you entered the GD world during the trilogy and you're still with us? For me that would have been enough to never listen to this band again. Except for the song Little Boy Named Train.

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Wow you entered the GD world during the trilogy and you're still with us? For me that would have been enough to never listen to this band again. Except for the song Little Boy Named Train.

I mean, I had heard songs like BOBD, WMUWSE, Good Riddance, and Basket Case on the radio. The DJ on the alt station was a huge Green Day fan, and he played at least one Green Day song every hour. I grew up listening to them, but I didn't know who it was.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 9:35 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Last Night on Earth is my least favorite ballad.  It's okay.  

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

It's pretty cool live atleast when you're on drugs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I remember when they played it live at Montreal in 2010 that was pure joy.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I remember when they played it live at Montreal in 2010 that was pure joy.

I need to see Green Day in concert again.  Once in 2005 for a being such a fanatic is a disgrace. 

Dos feels like the most coherent album, and has the least amount of filler. Sure nightlife brings it down a tad but eh, they were experimenting. This is green days corny garsge rock album and when you accept that its the best trilogy album

also has the best gutiar and basd work