What’s your favorite trilogy album and why?

Fuzz

What’s your favorite trilogy album and why?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dos.  It has a flavor all its own.  I do think they should have dirtied up its sound and release it as a Foxies album though.  Uno is too paint by numbers, generic GD with only a couple songs that stand out, and I think Tre is the worst GD album from a lyrical standpoint.  Not knocking the trilogy; Oh Love and Kill the DJ are both in my top 15 GD songs, and Walk Away and 8th Ave Serenade rank high on my list too.

• Like 3

I’ll go Uno. Tre used to be mine but lately I just haven’t been digging it. X-Kid though will forever be one of my favorites. I like Dos too and it’s pretty close between that and Uno for me. 

• Like 1

Originally I liked Dos the best. I just took the best 6 or 7 songs and loved the flavor of it as @Montclare said it

I think Uno was the most complete album out of the 3 and would have been fine on it's own without the trilogy. I don't think that could be said for the other two albums. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Dos.

Because I'm always drunk and it's a party album.

The rockin tunes on dos are amazing when you're drunk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I think Uno was the most complete album out of the 3 and would have been fine on it's own without the trilogy. I don't think that could be said for the other two albums. 

This sums it up well.

Years ago I would have said Tre. But over time Uno is definitely my winner here. It is the most consistent album of the three. Tre has some of the best trilogy songs on it in my opinion (Brutal Love, X-Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Missing You, Walk Away) but the rest for the most part is filler. Uno only has one song I don't care for, Sweet 16, and even then it is better than some of the filler from Tre. Dos is still my least favorite Green Day album. Not a bad album by any means, just not a great Green Day album.

• Like 1

They probably have about the same number of songs I really like each. And Tre has my favourite song (Brutal Love) and Uno my second favourite (Kill the DJ). But as a complete album I pick Dos. From the hilariousness of opening with the sweet See You Tonight into Fuck Time, through all the fabulous songs, dirty songs and sad songs (sometimes all three) to the poignant ending, it's kind of a mini concept album and I love it. Foxies influence seals the deal.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Wow, that's a really tough one for me and I had to think hard about it. There are few trainwreck songs (which I still like, but are not as good), but all in all I like all songs and every single song for a different reason. Uno is kinda the "cute" record with all the love, Dos is the slightly drunk party record and Tré is sort of a "hangover" record.

Of all three DOS is definitely ahead in terms of a fun record. Either to listen or play bass to.

They are all great but I definitely have to go with Uno. I agree with what others said about it being the most complete album. And I love "Kill the DJ" and "Let Yourself Go" to death.

I really like Tre but probably need to listen to all three again to really give a sensible answer but I like it’s reckless feel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

They probably have about the same number of songs I really like each. And Tre has my favourite song (Brutal Love) and Uno my second favourite (Kill the DJ). But as a complete album I pick Dos. From the hilariousness of opening with the sweet See You Tonight into Fuck Time, through all the fabulous songs, dirty songs and sad songs (sometimes all three) to the poignant ending, it's kind of a mini concept album and I love it. Foxies influence seals the deal.

For the first time in my life, someone else's post says exactly the same that I am thinking! Brutal Love is 1st, and Kill The DJ is 2nd for me. But as a complete album I pick Dos. See You Tonight transition to Fuck Time is hilarious.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bakabanas said:

For the first time in my life, someone else's post says exactly the same that I am thinking! Brutal Love is 1st, and Kill The DJ is 2nd for me. But as a complete album I pick Dos. See You Tonight transition to Fuck Time is hilarious.

Awesome, I'm happy to know someone agrees with me on all this :D

• Thanks 1

I voted for Dos as well. The production feels good it fits the songs and it just sounds good. It was my favorite out of the three ever since the albums were first released in 2012. Dos is actually miles better than father of all imo.

3 hours ago, petros said:

I voted for Dos as well. The production feels good it fits the songs and it just sounds good. It was my favorite out of the three ever since the albums were first released in 2012. Dos is actually miles better than father of all imo.

I was actually thinking of taking out the songs I don't like from Dos on a playlist and putting in the songs I do like from FOAM. I'll let everyone know how that is when I try it. 

• Like 1

Dos. Uno & Tré have some of my absolute favourites but they also contain the weakest songs too. Dos has some amazing highlights but no major low points (And yes, I like Fuck Time & Nightlife - I'm still mixed on Lady Cobra's contribution though)

It's weird that most of the replies are saying Dos but it has the least votes on the poll.

The trilogy is great and all 3 albums are far better than FOAM. Don't @ me