Billie Joe Armstrong : Life Lessons In Punk Rock. New Interview ( Kerrang)

GreenDayItaly

I've been missing these kinds of interviews. Kudos to the interviewer for knowing their stuff and asking BJ some deep questions. So nice to hear his insights. And the pictures are great!

On 8/5/2020 at 7:41 AM, GreenDayItaly said:

And though the frontman’s often gloomy lyrical themes – at times autobiographical, at times more outward-looking – paint a concerned and even morbid picture of life as it is, you can’t help but get the feeling he’s nevertheless still having fun just being him right now.

This might be the best summation of how I've always seen BJA/Green Day. BJ's such an underrated songwriter.

On 8/5/2020 at 7:41 AM, GreenDayItaly said:

What’s the most visceral reaction you’ve ever had to a lyrical breakthrough while you were writing a song?
“On Junkies On A High [on Father Of All…], there’s the line, ‘Rock’n’roll tragedy / I think the next one could be me.’ I think that rock musicians are very troubled people, and I think that that’s what sets us apart from pop music, because it’s not all lollipops and rainbows for us. You think about someone like Chris Cornell, or Chester [Bennington], or Kurt Cobain, or even Tom Petty – nobody knew that the guy spent a lifetime on opiates. It’s like numbing yourself until you murder yourself.

This hit hard. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well that’s still a lack of ambition but at least it’s for a good reason 😄

True :lol: I can accept he’s just chilling 

• Like 1

Me: Maybe reading an interview will make me feel better about the fact that I was supposed to be seeing Hella Mega today...

Also me: 

SmugTartAmphibian-small.gif

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

This interview was such a nice surprise. It also made me sad, because Billie was in such a good place then. Now the Armstrong family is having a crisis. And we don't know how Billie and 80 are doing and when we'll hear from them again. Not to bring the room down, just being homest.

This has crossed my mind too... it was nice when we had the covers to look forward to. Now there’s nothing for a while or possibly until Green Day comes back. Hope they’re doing fine. 

• Like 4

On 8/8/2020 at 2:36 PM, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

This interview was such a nice surprise. It also made me sad, because Billie was in such a good place then. Now the Armstrong family is having a crisis. And we don't know how Billie and 80 are doing and when we'll hear from them again. Not to bring the room down, just being homest.

Same.

i honestly hope they're holding out ok😖

• Like 1