Billie Joe Armstrong : Life Lessons In Punk Rock. New Interview ( Kerrang)

GreenDayItaly

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Nice to get it for free though, with the downloads and everything.  Good interview but oddly limited in scope. Didn’t touch on any of what’s going on right now with the postponement of the tour and promotion and what they might be doing next.  I do like the comment about not always moving forward sometimes you move sideways lol. That’s exactly what the side projects and FOAM feel like.

The free pack is nice and I understand why they're not printing right now...but it's not the same lol. Better than nothing though!

• Like 1

That was a fantastic read and the little voice clips were nice. I miss his voice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

An interesting interview- especially his answer about the lyrics in Junkies on a High. And the pictures are beautiful.

• Like 4

I really loved that they made him think about his answers. Too many are just standard questions that he can just spit out canned answers to. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Nice to get it for free though, with the downloads and everything.  Good interview but oddly limited in scope. Didn’t touch on any of what’s going on right now with the postponement of the tour and promotion and what they might be doing next.  I do like the comment about not always moving forward sometimes you move sideways lol. That’s exactly what the side projects and FOAM feel like.

I’m pretty sure this was done before all of that based on the tour ready hair and also he posted on Instagram a quote from the mag a while back - although he does love to go back to his cliches

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

I’m pretty sure this was done before all of that based on the tour ready hair and also he posted on Instagram a quote from the mag a while back - although he does love to go back to his cliches

The photos were older but the interview was by himself and done by telephone so I assume it was during lockdown.

• Like 1

What a fantastic interview! The interviewer chose really interesting questions and I thought Billie did a great job of answering all of them fully. Awesome to hear his voice again, too! :wub:

• Like 2

I loved the comment that he is endlessly entertaining to talk to and about giggling at his goofy ramblings, me thinks Emily is a fangirl!

• Like 4

This interview gives a good insight into how FOAM and what appears to us as lack of ambition happened. If he didn’t even think he’d live this long, it makes sense he’s done with big projects (at least for now)/is fine doing stuff that’s not groundbreaking but it’s fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

This interview gives a good insight into how FOAM and what appears to us as lack of ambition happened. If he didn’t even think he’d live this long, it makes sense he’s done with big projects (at least for now)/is fine doing stuff that’s not groundbreaking but it’s fun.

Well that’s still a lack of ambition but at least it’s for a good reason 😄