Top 10 Green Day live songs

Elxufinnishidiot

Obligatory note that we prefer not to have "list threads" that are just lists of songs without discussion, so please try to include something about why you've picked the songs when replying :thumbsup:

I love King for a Day/Shout. So entertaining and fabulous every time :wub:. Forever Now absolutely blew me away, most powerful performance I've seen. 21st Century Breakdown was the most incredible show opener with the build up and the crowd going wild. I think Hitchin a Ride, Brain Stew and Knowledge are a lot of fun, I always enjoy songs that involve the crowd or have some on stage traditions that come with them. Good Riddance is the perfect closer. Boulevard of Broken Dreams is a beautiful song and always epic. And to make it up to ten I'll say Longview and Brutal Love just because I love those songs so seeing them live is amazing.

• Like 4

21st Century Breakdown - the best opener for arenas/stadium.
Bang Bang - really love this as the second track on a set list. It continues to build up the hype. 
Father of All - although I did not have the experience to listen to it live, I think it is definitely a banger 
Nuclear Family - love the energy on this one, such a shame they did not perform it a lot. 
Then there are old cuts - Going to Pasalacqua, Christie Road, Burnout, Nice Guys finish last, Jaded...
Epic ones- Jesus of Suburbia and Forever Now
Fun ones - King for a day & I really wish if we could hear Stab you in the heart. 
Slow ones- Last Night on earth, wake me up when september ends, 21 guns, Good Riddance and Brutal Heart - in my opinion they are all sing alongs and get the audience united. 
Classics - Basket Case, American Idiot, Longview and Minority

• Like 4

From the videos I've seen Stay the Night looks amazing live. Such a shame they didn't play it in Perth at Soundwave back in 2014. 

A few others:

- Bang Bang

- Letterbomb

- Stray Heart

- 99 Revolutions (not even a big fan of the song but it's great live)

• Like 3

My list

21st Century Breakdown: I agree that this is the best opener! I wish they brought it back even though that is pretty unlikely.

Forever Now and Jesus of Suburbia: Both are epic and just beatiful. Im happy that I saw Forever Now live, because I think they will never bring it back.

Hitchin a Ride: I think this sounds better live and is easily one of the best moments of their shows.

Burnout: Super energetic song! I got so excited when I heard this live, because I didnt expect it.

Castaway: I have seen videos from 00 and 01 where they play it live and oh man it sounds good! The live versions were faster than the album version, so it seemed like a lot of fun!

King For a Day: Just fun lol. Some people want them to remove it from the sets to have more space, but I think it is too important to be removed.

East Jesus Nowhere: I dont know what to say except that its an amazing live song lol.

Christie Road: This sounds really good live! Especially the Awesome as Fuck version! When I saw it live, they unfortunately stopped playing it after the 2nd chorus.

Are We the Waiting & St. Jimmy: I just love how energetic it gets when St. Jimmy starts. First you have the beatiful AWtW and then St, Jimmy starts and Billie goes crazy lol.

• Like 3

* Forever Now. The best live song I've ever heard, absolutely epic! 

* Boulevard of Broken Dreams. So emotional when fans raise up their lighters. 

* Longview. Love it when Mike's bass line kicks in and fans start to sing "da da da da" to the beat of the bass.

* Basket Case. When everyone starts singing "do you have the time"
* Bang Bang. So fun to jump around to, and everyone was shouting "bang bang, give me fame"

* Letterbomb. One of my favourite GD songs, and enjoyed hearing it live.

* Hitchin a Ride. Such a fun live song. 

* Scattered. Hearing it live made me love it even more. 

* Anything that is added to the setlist during the gig that fans are not expecting. In my case it was Armatage Shanks. 

* Good Riddance. A beautiful closing song. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jengd said:

I agree with everything said so far but I also thought Youngblood was great live, it felt to me like the whole place was jumping together, an amazing moment.

I agree! Youbgblood was just after Longview, so the guy/girl in the crowd that was put on stage was jumping for bodysurfing while Youngblood was starting. Amazing moment!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Obligatory note that we prefer not to have "list threads"

The whole forum has been list threads 😂

I think Youngblood is underrated in general. It was very fun live!

• Like 1

Difficult, because each interpretation of a song is different. I love woodstock 94 when i come around, but don'tlike the one of foot in mouth or awesome as... 

• 1 year later...

American Idiot

Holiday

Jesus of Suburbia

Brain Stew

St. Jimmy

Minority

Basket Case

Hitchin' A Ride

Still Breathing

Forever Now

It is hard to pick only 10... 20 would be awesome! Plus some songs that they never play