Best Jesus Of Suburbia live performance

Stewe

Probably from Bullet in a Bible or the one in the Heart Like a Hand Grenade doc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Probably from Bullet in a Bible or the one in the Heart Like a Hand Grenade doc.

Completely agree

Argentina 2010 is one of the tightest ever. Pretty much flawless

Chile 2017 is emotional, not as great as the first one but the song stopped for like 45 seconds at the end before the last part of the song

33 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I hate it when they stop the song to let the crowd scream "hoooooooooome"

Agreed!  Even at the show, I'm like, okay, come on, get on with it.  Some people's bathroom break is KFAD (blasphemous); the pause in JOS is practically long enough for one too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I hate it when they stop the song to let the crowd scream "hoooooooooome"

Hate is maybe too strong, but I wish they wouldn’t, for me it takes all the power out of it. 

• Like 3

Always thought this performance was great even though its ruined by censors and cutaways to an interview 

• Love 1

I''ve just watched some Youtube videos like the most recent MTV World Stage, and Billie seems very emotional during Jesus Of Suburbia at that sho.

I'm wondering if anyone remember other shows like that

50 minutes ago, Stewe said:

I''ve just watched some Youtube videos like the most recent MTV World Stage, and Billie seems very emotional during Jesus Of Suburbia at that sho.

I'm wondering if anyone remember other shows like that

Max and a few crew members from SWMRS were in a very very bad accident when this show happened. A few articles from this time noted that Billie had left a few interviews early because of worry and that he hadn't gotten much sleep.

• Like 1

He looked like he was really out of it most of the time, which was understandable. It had to be difficult to perform under these circumstamces. Also explains why he was kind of edgy.

• Like 1

I personally love how during the stadium shows of the RevRad Tour Billie would let the crowd sing the first few lines to Dearly Beloved. Just felt very emotional imo. 

On 6/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, Stewe said:

Just curious to know the most favourites Jesus Of Suburbia performance

Bullet In A Bible is a predictable, but worthy candidate for me. Mostly because: 

1. I grew up with that version

2. The song was really "fresh" back then, though they'd also had the chance to play it a decent number of times beforehand as well. So the best of both worlds really.

3. The production on BIAB is soooo good. In that aspect alone, no other later or earlier live version really comes close.

That being said, the version on VH1 Storytellers is also pretty good (another 2005 performance). I also like the 2009 MTV Kesselhaus performance for some reason. I think it's the excellent (though not overproduced) mix/mastering of that show that I really like. It makes for a really raw, high power performance of that song.

However, for some reason, the last performance to hit really hit me in the feels like BIAB did back in the day was the latest MTV world-stage performance.

I have to say I'm also generally still torn on wether Green Day hit their live peak in 2005 or 2009/2010. I suppose in some ways they did in both, depending on what one values more. In terms of raw energy coupled with showmanship: 2005 probably pulls ahead. In terms of Billie's voice, on-stage effects and of course setlists: 2009/2010. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I have to say I'm also generally still torn on wether Green Day hit their live peak in 2005 or 2009/2010. I suppose in some ways they did in both, depending on what one values more. In terms of raw energy coupled with showmanship: 2005 probably pulls ahead. In terms of Billie's voice, on-stage effects and of course setlists: 2009/2010. 

Maybe because I didn't get a chance to see them in 05, but I think the show I saw in 2010 will forever be my favourite Green Day show. The setlist rarities, all the interaction with the crowd (being in the pit for the first time at 16, stage diving during know your enemy just can't be beat!). I loved seeing them in 09 when they played some more 21CB tracks (before the lobotomy in particular), but that summer night in 2010 was really magical - and of course when they play JOS, it really just brought all the magic and the crowd together at the end. I'm sure lots of the shows during the 2010 run were similar in that regard. 

• Like 2