Billie Joe on GMA summer series

Squashie

Can’t wait. :dance:

I was just thinking the other day how it would be right around this time now when the GMA summer concert series would start and how it’s been 3 years since Green Day last performed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The solo career continues.

Hey I was coming here to say that! 😂

Even though I’m really excited and happy for this, still feels weird to me seeing him alone like that especially for these kind of events where they used to be all together but yeah that’s how it goes sometimes 

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Long live the solo career :runaround:

I'm sorry but now that they've proven they can perform together not having them all do GMA just makes Mike and Tre look lame.  Maybe they should retire if they don't want to put in the time anymore.  Hey maybe Billie will want to do the Hella Mega tour by himself next 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd love another Longshot record. It's my favorite "Green Day" album since AI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

How do people not understand that playing live over Zoom is difficult? If they all recorded their parts separately and then put them together then fair enough, but that chances are the three of them all playing at the same time with internet lag would mean they'd constantly be about a second out of time with each other.

That’s why bands record each player’s audio and video separately and then it’s put together

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

That’s why bands record each player’s audio and video separately and then it’s put together

3 minutes ago, Joe. said:

How do people not understand that playing live over Zoom is difficult? If they all recorded their parts separately and then put them together then fair enough, but that chances are the three of them all playing at the same time with internet lag would mean they'd constantly be about a second out of time with each other.

Which I said, but its then not "live"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

Which I said, but its then not "live"

When Billie pre-records a video on his own it’s not live either so I don’t really see a difference

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

When Billie pre-records a video on his own it’s not live either so I don’t really see a difference

For non-live performances there isn't, for the ones where it is live its a difference.

• Like 2

He is not Green day. The contribution of the other members  especially in the early albums (for example in dookie) is great, despite the fact taht they are not song writters. And as long as this material is one of big reasons the will be remembered for, the other members will always get credit for green day

Edited by navouxodonosoras

19 minutes ago, navouxodonosoras said:

He is not Green day. The contribution of the other members  especially in the early albums (for example in dookie) is great, despite the fact taht they are not song writters. And as long as this material is one of big reasons the will be remembered for, the other members will always get credit for green day

The best Green Day albums are the ones where all of them put effort in writing the songs, I mean, Dookie, Insomniac, AI. They all have good instrumentals on these albums. But if these days it’s Billie doing it all, it’s less important who plays the instruments, but it also makes the music more simplistic, since even when Mike and Tre are playing it’s not the same as when you listen to Dookie. They seemed to have a lot more musical ideas back then

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I think it's pretty clear that Billie is highly motivated to make music and tour, but the rest of the band isn't. Which is fine...they've had a long career. Billie could easily continue on his own and still make great music. He IS Green Day.

Signing up for a huge world tour is a weird one for two members who aren't motivated to tour

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Signing up for a huge world tour is a weird one for two members who aren't motivated to tour

To be fair if I made as much as they do I’d tour with Kelly Family :lol:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Joe. said:

A lot of bands who don't care anymore do tours. I'm pointing to the lack of passion for their new music as evidence.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

A lot of bands who don't care anymore do tours. I'm pointing to the lack of passion for their new music as evidence.

True, but not many do year long tours of this nature. QOTSA and RHCP have both said they're gonna wind down touring, so will be doing shorter legged tours with longer gaps in-between them. Whilst Hella Mega is undoubtedly a huge payday, they wouldn't do it if they didn't want to.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Joe. said:

True, but not many do year long tours of this nature. QOTSA and RHCP have both said they're gonna wind down touring, so will be doing shorter legged tours with longer gaps in-between them. Whilst Hella Mega is undoubtedly a huge payday, they wouldn't do it if they didn't want to.

Then again they also indicated that this tour was a last hurrah of sorts and after that they would do “more effective touring” whatever that meant but it did indicate a slow down or change. 

• Like 1