Green Day covering Blondie

localinsomniac

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

All the No Fun Monday releases were promoted through the Green Day socials 

Yes but how many of them said “the 3 of us” or has had a topic saying Green Day instead of Billie Joe Armstrong?

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

California is still on lockdown 

Ah ok. I'm in Australia so wasn't sure exactly what the rules of lockdown are there. 

Will be interesting to hear how it sounds with each part recorded separately. Have they been doing this anyway for previous albums?

Oh goody, more music!  Happy they are covering Blondie even if Dreaming wouldn’t be my first choice for them, but hey will wait and see how It sounds.  So nice they have worked on this together even if it has been by Zoom.  Thank god for Green Day!

8 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Yes but how many of them said “the 3 of us” or has had a topic saying Green Day instead of Billie Joe Armstrong?

Okay chill, that’s why I wondered if it was all of them playing on it. Yes the three of them comment was the tip off, not just the fact that it was posted to Green Day, because so were the BJA covers (all posted on the Green Day YouTube channel too). Easy to get confused. 

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you think after Billie had his first solo hit doing these covers Mike and Tre got spooked and realized they better get off their asses and participate in these? 😄 Whatever the reason I’m glad they decided to get on board.

I wonder if they heard ITWAN come on the radio and it seemed kinda weird 😂

• Like 1

Just now, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

already released "dreaming" as a single in new zealand iTunes

How is it?

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

How is it?

I like the preview. cant listen to more than that until 0 am^^

• Like 2

Just now, papa said:

it is green day not just billie. no need to try to read between the lines. and each of them have studios at home. so connect the dots, kiddos. 

love, 

informed papa

Was there any reading between the lines to even be done? Reads pretty cut and dry.

1 minute ago, papa said:

it is green day not just billie. no need to try to read between the lines. and each of them have studios at home. so connect the dots, kiddos. 

love, 

informed papa

That’s awesome, but any thoughts on why they waited so long to do music together?

1 minute ago, Joe. said:

Was there any reading between the lines to even be done? Reads pretty cut and dry.

Not really when every cover song released for the last two months has been BJA alone.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not really when every cover song released for the last two months has been BJA alone.  

It's pretty clear in the post that it's all 3 of them?

Maybe this could be released as surprise fancier Monday cover, it’s a little dumb to have a whole band to record a song and act like it’s a special occasion :lol:

I’m curious about the video. Probably a bunch of Green Day footage. I wouldn’t think they’d want to have current footage of themselves with no professional stylists available, and especially no professional dye jobs available . 😬

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

I’m curious about the video. Probably a bunch of Green Day footage. I wouldn’t think they’d want to have current footage of themselves with no professional stylists available, and especially no professional dye jobs available . 😬

I’d bet it would look better than their recent style. I thought that was a bit too artificial

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

Has Billie not been in videos this entire lockdown?

• Like 1

Well the reunion was good while it lasted. Now Billie is doing the GMA summer concert series by himself 😂

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’d bet it would look better than their recent style. I thought that was a bit too artificial

I agree

56 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Has Billie not been in videos this entire lockdown?

He was at the beginning of it. Not recently.  From glimpses from Joey’s stories, he’s got the really wild hair thing going on now. I wouldn’t really mind if he kept it.

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well the reunion was good while it lasted. Now Billie is doing the GMA summer concert series by himself 😂

Ahaha the Blondie cover is still not out and Billie is already tired of working with Mike and Tré.  

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Ahaha the Blondie cover is still not out and Billie is already tired of working with Mike and Tré.  

They had a spat over creative differences.  It's over 😂

Preview

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/dreaming-single/1513563649?fbclid=IwAR1NvVzcZ7_xXEwxat_MnXCeffCnt_LjfWIVQF6ByVq782Z5IkRlsUCboBE

• Haha 1