Green Day'll be part of PlayOn Fest

GreenDayItaly

Warner Music Group presents the first-of-its-kind virtual music festival, PlayOn Fest supporting the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization (WHO), powered by the UN Foundation. As part of a spectacular three-day live streaming event, PlayOn Fest promises to bring energy and high production values from world class stages (including Coachella, Sydney Opera House, Lollapalooza, Apollo Theater, Bonnaroo, The O2 Arena, Primavera Sound, Red Rocks Amphitheater, Rock In Rio, Global Citizen Festival, and more) to music fans hungry for communal live experiences. Warner Music Group labels have opened up their vaults to relive epic show-stopping performances for this one-time-only live viewing event. Fans won’t want to miss their favorite artists’ set time, to be released later this week, including some extraordinary, and rare, footage from the likes of Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Green Day ( set from MTV’s World Stage Seville during the 2019 EMAs ), Cardi B, Ed Sheeran, Janelle Monáe, Twenty One Pilots, Lil Uzi Vert, David Guetta, and more, as well as a look back at Nipsey Hussle’s incredible Victory Lap album release show.

PlayOn Fest will stream live on April 24-26, from 12 noon to 12 midnight (ET) each day exclusively via Songkick’s YouTube channel. The event is being hosted in support of the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization (WHO), which is powered by the UN Foundation.

https://www.playonfest.com/

See the trailer:

Edited by GreenDayItaly
  • Like 2

So they're just airing an old concert for Green Day. Why is the band so lazy?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It’s from November, hardly old!

• Like 1

Full shows of Trilogy secret shows are considered rare, last November MTV show is not rare in any way. Full concert footage exist and pro footage is mostly released, but I guess this is just good reminder that Green Day is still great live band.

• Like 2

Maybe it's rare for non-fans.
I mean the Cardi B or 21 Pilots performance is maybe not rare for their fans.

• Love 1

I haven’t seen anything that suggests anything broadcast will be rare, but it is their most recent that we know of being recorded. I think this is a great idea, hope we can see it here and more orgs do something similar. 

• Like 1

Just now, jengd said:

I haven’t seen anything that suggests anything broadcast will be rare, but it is their most recent that we know of being recorded. I think this is a great idea, hope we can see it here and more orgs do something similar. 

It's the PlayOn Fest. On their site they're selling this event by saying rare performances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's the PlayOn Fest. On their site they're selling this event by saying rare performances.

The add I see says epic.

The use of the word rare in the description is stupid. They picked a performance that is energetic and a crowd pleaser, and so did every other act involved with this. It’s called smart promotion. It’s not “lazy”.....every performance in this is not new. Again, when they’re involved in something that will be seen by millions, best to pick something that casual watchers will enjoy. It’s different when it’s something that specific to GD fans.

I wouldn't say it's a good practice to hype something as something it's not, but I guess this isn't a particularly well-known performance by the general public, so we're the only disappointed 

The description in the OP says “some extraordinary, and rare” some doesn’t mean all 

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

It's only lazy if you have no money

12 hours ago, Squashie said:

The story that GD put on their instagram says nothing about  a "rare" performance. It says "Relive epic performances one time only."

I literally have this performance on my computer. I can watch it any time I want. :dry: Give us something new! We know there's a ton of great pro-shot footage we haven't seen. Bastards. I'm pleased they're featuring GD at all, but I want new footage. Not something that we've literally just seen and that is readily available. The least they could do is not advertise it as rare and one time only.

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I literally have this performance on my computer. I can watch it any time I want. :dry: Give us something new! We know there's a ton of great pro-shot footage we haven't seen. Bastards. I'm pleased they're featuring GD at all, but I want new footage. Not something that we've literally just seen and that is readily available. The least they could do is not advertise it as rare and one time only.

It’s not being advertised as rare tho 

• Like 1

They should have picked something unreleased from the RevRad era, like the British Summertime Hyde Park performance that was filmed, but never released. Many artists have put out live DVDs of their British Summertime Hyde Park performances. This would  have been the perfect opportunity to give us something we haven't seen before.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Joe. said:

Hyde Park would've been great, but anythings better than nothing.

The guys can't win with some people on here. Billie's getting attention even after FOAM, "waaaaah where's mike and tre". Billie's been putting out covers, "why've they not live-streamed a gig with the whole band?". The band's label is putting out a gig for free, "why's it not *random gig*?".  

I stand by all of these complaints 😌

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe. said:

Hyde Park would've been great, but anythings better than nothing.

The guys can't win with some people on here. Billie's getting attention even after FOAM, "waaaaah where's mike and tre". Billie's been putting out covers, "why've they not live-streamed a gig with the whole band?". The band's label is putting out a gig for free, "why's it not *random gig*?".  

I think the first two are valid points when it comes to the band as a whole. I love the creativity Billie putting out and I get Mike and Tre are probably just enjoying their time with their family but in an era where it feels like so little promotion has been done, and then for the quarantining you’re happen, I get why fans want more. 

This whole thing about the what gig they are putting out— Seville is fine. Despite how little promo has been going on in FOAM, I’m glad they are trying to bring it to a wider audience. As much as I’d love an actual rare or deep cut performance, a wide audience isn’t going to appreciate it as much. 

Hyde Park would have been a nice compromise. It would have been the same hit filled setlist, just an actual unseen show. It was just as mainstream a show as Seville. We’re not asking for deep cuts here, the general audience can enjoy any show that plays the hits. The fans just want something previously unreleased. 

• Like 2