No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

11 hours ago, DadBod said:

I believe that one is already up on spotify under The Longshot.

Oh doh, forgot he put in on there, was thinking it was just live we’d heard it!

• Like 1

I'd love to hear him branch into different genres. It would be cool if he did a Weeknd song or something

This is a fun thing for him to do 

Kind of hope he covers some more modern songs though!

• Like 3

I really would like to hear him singing 'Imagine'. Too predictable? Maybe...but'd sound so f****** good

6 hours ago, tdlyon said:

I'd love to hear him branch into different genres. It would be cool if he did a Weeknd song or something

God no that would be terrible! No offense to the weekend but modern R&B has no rhythm anymore. Actually come to think of it there's no blues either. Billie's got great rhythm I would love to see him put that to use rather than cover a choppy pop song. 

I'd love to see him do an old R&B or Soul song over that any day of the week

10 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Omg Billie please cover The Cure!!!

I've been waiting a long time 

I wonder if this will be like the Otis sessions or if he'll actually keep his word.

• Like 1

:ga:

Anyone else think it could be Joey or Jakob on drums?

Also, I expect "Kiss me Deadly" at some point :)

Don't you think it would be fun if Mike posted his cover next week, and Tre posted his the following?

Remeburr they did something similar by collaborating with U2 during hurricane Katrina? Always on point!

• Like 2

As great as the live covers are that he plays with The Longshot and The Coverups, I would actually prefer to hear new covers that we haven't heard him do before. Love that we are getting these covers now!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

Don't you think it would be fun if Mike posted his cover next week, and Tre posted his the following?

Remeburr they did something similar by collaborating with U2 during hurricane Katrina? Always on point!

I think this is 100% Billie using this time to stay busy and play music.

If his sons recorded a part, he would have credited them - as he did with the Longshot "Happiness" which Joey played drums on.

• Like 2

Thank God Billie sings normally on these covers, I was really starting to get afraid that the FOAM vocals were going to become a permanent thing.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

No he records these himself he always does full demos he has all the instruments in his little home studio.

I agree with those who said I’d like to be surprised by new covers of songs he hasn’t done publicly yet.

And I hate to say it but I would be honestly shocked if Mike or Tre posted any music. Certainly Mike has the ability to pick up a guitar and play us a cover but for some reason he just won’t. It’s like as soon as the job of Green Day is put on hold, these guys go on vacation or whatever mentally and wait around for Billie to do something.  Making music is Billie’s whole life and he’ll do it whether or not it’s his “job”. That doesn’t seem true of these guys even though they all sing and play multiple instruments and could easily do something similar for their followers. I don’t get it, but I guess that will spark the whole entitled argument again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Is this Green Day playing or Billie Joe alone like Longshot? 

It’s Billie alone

• Like 1

Okay guys.   

We need to focus on leaking these at least two days before Billie releases them.  ;)

Also, I hope that he collects these into an album.   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Seanz25 said:

Stacy's Mom next week in honour of Adam Schlesinger, please 🙏

Or, knowing Billie, one of his deeper cuts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jengd said:

I'd love it if he did "That Thing You Do". One of my faves from Adam.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, Sheenius said:

I want a cover of No Fun for No Fun Mondays

THIS.

..and also, id really dig a home demo version of elvis costello's 'alison'.

but id really like to hear some more uptempo stuff as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 4/2/2020 at 10:04 AM, jengd said:

Hey Julie! 

That would be nice. 

Also, I don’t think everyone is trying hard enough to get these leaked.  It's Sunday already, people! 

Predictions for tomorrow's cover? My guess is Dream Police by Cheap Trick. I base this on absolutely nothing other than Billie would sound great doing this song or any Cheap Trick song really.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Predictions for tomorrow's cover? My guess is Dream Police by Cheap Trick. I base this on absolutely nothing other than Billie would sound great doing this song or any Cheap Trick song really.

He did Southern Girls that was pretty awesome. He seems to love Tonight It’s You and Look Out, if he was gonna cover another it could be one of those. But I’m betting he’s sticking with the isolation theme of the first two. 

Speaking generally of Cheap Trick covers. I would absolutely love to hear his version of California Man.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He did Southern Girls that was pretty awesome. He seems to love Tonight It’s You and Look Out, if he was gonna cover another it could be one of those. But I’m betting he’s sticking with the isolation theme of the first two. 

Speaking generally of Cheap Trick covers. I would absolutely love to hear his version of California Man.

His version of Southern Girls was great. I'd love to see what he could do with more of their songs.

• Like 2