Billie to be on iHeart Living Room Concert for America Sunday

Jon Benjamin

Yay :dance:

I think the reason they didn't do something right away could be because they were isolating from each other (perhaps before some other bands decided to) and are generally reluctant to have just Billie performing GD songs without the whole band, and Billie just playing songs acoustic in his house isn't something he does that often. Like even with the I Think We're Alone Now cover it's carefully labelled as "Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day" (plus previously the whole making a solo album but hiding it by calling it The Longshot thing). He's a modest dude. This is a cool opportunity for him to perform. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yay :dance:

I think the reason they didn't do something right away could be because they were isolating from each other (perhaps before some other bands decided to) and are generally reluctant to have just Billie performing GD songs without the whole band, and Billie just playing songs acoustic in his house isn't something he does that often. Like even with the I Think We're Alone Now cover it's carefully labelled as "Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day" (plus previously the whole making a solo album but hiding it by calling it The Longshot thing). He's a modest dude. This is a cool opportunity for him to perform. 

Isolating from each other is no excuse, unless they’re also technically inept and everyone who’d normally help them is quarantined :P

Either way, this is really cool and I hope he plays a song from FOAM.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Isolating from each other is no excuse, unless they’re also technically inept and everyone who’d normally help them is quarantined :P

I just mean they don't commonly perform separately or on the spur of the moment on social media and that's probably why they weren't the first to jump to it. There was no rush anyway!

But yeah looking forward to it. I guess he's played some pretty random songs acoustically before but it probably won't be anything too obscure in this case. More FOAM songs the better though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think Billie was actually quarantined because the SWMRS guys all had to go in to a true 14-day quarantine after they got back from their shortened tour because of possible exposure, and I'm assuming that there was in-person contact between BJA, 80, Joey and Jakob before realizing it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I just mean they don't commonly perform separately or on the spur of the moment on social media and that's probably why they weren't the first to jump to it. There was no rush anyway!

But yeah looking forward to it. I guess he's played some pretty random songs acoustically before but it probably won't be anything too obscure in this case. More FOAM songs the better though.

Well, yeah I guess it takes them a while to catch up with trends these days :lol:

If I was to place a bet, I’d say Good Riddance, but Graffitia is what I’m hoping for

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Well, yeah I guess it takes them a while to catch up with trends these days :lol:

If I was to place a bet, I’d say Good Riddance, but Graffitia is what I’m hoping for

Graffitia would be perfect!

• Like 3

😃😀😁😆

I’m calling it....WMUWSE

Or the current cover. Maybe both.

Edited by BillieJoe’sEyelids
  • Like 1

I think Good Riddance or WMUWSE would be a bit depressing. I think it'll be something a bit more upbeat, not a party song but not something too down either.

• Like 3

This might be the first time he’s performing as BJA. Even the other solo performances were labeled as Green Day. Hopefully that doesn’t mean anything haha

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This might be the first time he’s performing as BJA. Even the other solo performances were labeled as Green Day. Hopefully that doesn’t mean anything haha

What about when he did Ordinary World on Fallon and Conan?

2 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I think those were both billed at BJA of Green Day or just Green Day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I think they were promoted as Green Day, I could be wrong though. I’m not making any far-fetched conclusions, but I noticed this.

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think they were promoted as Green Day, I could be wrong though. I’m not making any far-fetched conclusions, but I noticed this.

It was Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day. I’m really surprised it’s billed with his name only, and it leads me to believe he’ll be performing his I Think We’re Alone Now cover.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

He’s done a couple of things solo. There was a benefit for cancer research and a Kennedy Center honors thing to name a couple. 

• Like 1