Green Day postpone upcoming shows in Asia

Hermione

2 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

"Hold on to your tickets" would be a great idea if they hadn't just cancelled and refunded them :rolleyes:

I think this was the most responsible and fairest thing to do, though. I know it's disappointing for healthy fans who've never seen Green Day (and for them I'm truly sorry), but there are immunosuppressed people who've never seen them either. 

Sadly the problem is that we aren't talking just about fans, of course.
I'm sure everyone of us has to take at least a train or a bus to go to a concert so what if you find an infected person there and what if the virus spread around 

Third tour in a row to start with cancellations for health reasons 😢 Of course it’s the only thing they could do but so many shows it’s sad.  

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Signe said:

Do you Think europe could be cancelled for same reason?

I think it  would be cancelled if it was in March
I hope this situation will end soon 'cause I don't want to see European shows canceled 😫

1 hour ago, Signe said:

Do you Think europe could be cancelled for same reason?

It's possible. With new infections popping up daily I wouldn't count on the shows taking place :-/

• Like 1

It’s hard to tell. Depends on how much the illness spreads. I wouldn’t say it’s time to go oh no the June dates are getting cancelled too, because a lot can change between now and then.

• Like 1

You can't tell until it gets closer, but the way the virus is spreading, I would not doubt that more shows got cancelled. Plus, we are probably a year away, at best, from a vaccine. I would just approach it as I can't change what is going on with this virus, if shows are postponed, there isn't much I can do. They will reschedule the shows when it is safer for everyone.

I more worried about my 401K tanking. 

• Like 1

The funny thing is if the coronavirus cancels Hella Mega and then GD do a normal tour we’ll probably temporarily turn into a virus fandom.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Keeping my fingers crossed that the European tour will happen. My first show (Stockholm) is tomorrow in exactly 3 months. A lot can happen until then, good and bad, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I read that maybe something can change with spring and around April. 
I might be much scared about European tour than getting the actual virus 

well, fuck. 

Trying to be optimistic but urrrgh, I have bad feelings about europe 😔

It better be more bands than GD that cancel if it happens. Looking at you, foo fighters.

I saw someone on the insta comments saying it's ridiculous and that for the same reason they should cancel all US dates 😂 

a person commented saying "dude Asia is the source". He writes back saying he's fine and lives in Japan... kinda anecdotal no? 

Good move by the band. Why should I miss my show later in the tour cause these places can't control their healthcare system?

We have a handful of cases in Canada, those people are in isolation and the  virus hasn't spread. 

1 hour ago, Signe said:

well, fuck. 

Trying to be optimistic but urrrgh, I have bad feelings about europe 😔

It better be more bands than GD that cancel if it happens. Looking at you, foo fighters.

Swmrs are currently in Europe and they are playing. There's a gig in Milan next week and for now is confirmed 

1 hour ago, Melodramfool said:

Swmrs are currently in Europe and they are playing. There's a gig in Milan next week and for now is confirmed 

Based on current trends it looks like there is a short window before Europe starts cancelling events across the continent, and the US could  very well do the same shortly after. It is looking more likely like school closures, event cancellations, etc. are a possibility in the not too distant future. 

I’m certainly hoping for the best, but based on current trends and evidence it appears a good portion of this year is going to be highly disrupted in many ways- including our ways of life, economy, and personal situations. With regard to the tour, I would say Europe and even the US are very much subject to what happens over the coming weeks and months. Disappointing, but also a relatively minor inconvenience compared to some of the broader impacts that are possible. 

Ugh. 

• Like 1