Billie Joe on Zane Lowe - Feb 2020

Squashie

1 minute ago, RisingRedWolf said:

And don't even get me started on how they didn't play a single Trilogy song during the RevRad tour, like there's just so much music here, put away the stale and make room for something a bit more fresh. 

Let's face it, it's been done to death and it's time to free up some space, hell, were going to need as much as possible on Hella Mega.

First Revrad show we got part of Nuclear Family, then Longshot he’s been doing Stay the Night, Fell for You, and Missing You 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

And don't even get me started on how they didn't play a single Trilogy song during the RevRad tour, like there's just so much music here, put away the stale and make room for something a bit more fresh. 

Let's face it, it's been done to death and it's time to free up some space, hell, were going to need as much as possible on Hella Mega.

Yeah a guy from Brissie won some tickets yesterday & he was really excited because he hadn't seen them since Soundwave - not much has changed.

Just now, Jon Benjamin said:

First Revrad show we got part of Nuclear Family, then Longshot he’s been doing Stay the Night, Fell for You, and Missing You 

Well hopefully they can bring those back. I have been dying to see STN live ever since I first heard it on that sound check leak.

2 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Im fairly certain there was no change to our set for the entire OZ tour except for second night Sydney.

1 minute ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Im fairly certain there was no change to our set for the entire OZ tour except for second night Sydney.

They did swap out something (I think it was 2000 lightyears) for Burnout (or visa versa) about half way through, but that was it for sure.

Imagine seeing GD at peak popularity in 2004 do the KFAD routine and then seeing them again in 2020 doing the same exact scripted routine. It's not fun and spontaneous when it's scripted.

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Imagine seeing GD at peak popularity in 2004 do the KFAD routine and then seeing them again in 2020 doing the same exact scripted routine. It's not fun and spontaneous when it's scripted.

This exactly! The "Who can it be now?" Joke was only slightly funny the first time it was done. Imagine how stale it must be for the guys doing it lol.

There may be new music this summer = another official summer debate? 🤔

12 hours ago, jengd said:

For me, at a festival you’re still probably going to get a full set but here it’s going to have to be a shortened set.

13 hours ago, kaylubd said:

For me part of it is I'm starting to despise package tours. I have never been to one where I liked half the bands on the lineup. If I wanted a festival, I'll go to one. I pay to see one particular band. I shouldn't have to sit through three or more.

Yeah, good points. I'd always dreaded Green Day doing another co-headlining/package tour but I didn't think it'd happen. It's a bit unfair they've even made the "Green Day only" dates essentially Hella Mega Lite by adding two other big bands and most likely another local one, which will mean a shorter set even for those. It was after people bought tickets too so it really wasn't what anyone paid for. Sad!

I'd rather see Green Day play the hits multiple times than not see them or see another band (or go to Hella Mega), but obviously a more varied setlist would be amazing. I do get their concerns but I saw them play a lot of "deep cuts" on the 21st Century Breakdown Tour and whilst not everyone knew them, plenty did and everyone danced regardless. Some of the casual fans probably don't even know all their hits. They're underestimating themselves.

12 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Does anyone have the video?

I don't know did they upload the video anywhere or gonna upload it soon but as I get from the audio Billie had a sleeping mask on his head and was in a very chill mode, it was morning so if they'll upload it, would be fun to watch I guess lol

2 hours ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Does anyone have the video?

I have not seen it up on Zane Lowe's page yet. I haven't even found the interview on his page. Odd.

Edit: The interview is up, but you have to go through the whole show. No video (yet).

Unpopular opinion: I'd be fine if they did an entire tour without a single song from AI or Dookie. Definitely not retire them forever, but just one tour without leaning on those songs would be great.

45 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Unpopular opinion: I'd be fine if they did an entire tour without a single song from AI or Dookie. Definitely not retire them forever, but just one tour without leaning on those songs would be great.

I would be fine too but felt kinda stupid now tbh I thought they'll play the whole album cause it's already very short and then finish the setlist with their other hits but it was just like a fantasy I guess lol 

I'm trying not to listen to this interview until we get the video. I wanna see early morning Billie! 

I've kinda come to the realization that we are probably going to get the same sets from them for the rest of their career. Aside from maybe a few special shows, I think you're always going to get two or three songs from the latest album and then the usual stuff from Dookie, AI, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the only songs we hear live from FOAM are the singles.

That's probably an overreaction on my part, but it seems to be heading that way.

20 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I thought the 6 songs we regularly got from revrad weren't enough

Wow. I actually didn't realize we got six songs from RevRad at the show I was at. That's actually not bad. Maybe we'll get that many from FOAM.

2 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Wow. I actually didn't realize we got six songs from RevRad at the show I was at. That's actually not bad. Maybe we'll get that many from FOAM.

I was hoping that would be the case, but I'm curbing my expectations.

• 3 weeks later...

The facetime chat with Zane and Billie Joe is up on itunes, but I don't know how to rip it. Maybe at @Beyza or @Todd can. Just search "Green Day" and it's under "more." I did manage to get a couple of screenshots. 

eaea4be02e0b7bb6e0c5e7012ca6828b7372bf2ee4fa05a65f609e8229de0de81c35fc3d55377c31

I totally forgot about this interview! Yes, hopefully someone can rip it because I don't have iTunes :P

Loving the screenshots :wub: @DadBod

43 minutes ago, DadBod said:

The facetime chat with Zane and Billie Joe is up on itunes, but I don't know how to rip it. Maybe at @Beyza or @Todd can. Just search "Green Day" and it's under "more." I did manage to get a couple of screenshots. 

eaea4be02e0b7bb6e0c5e7012ca6828b7372bf2ee4fa05a65f609e8229de0de81c35fc3d55377c31

Adorable still somewhat sleepy Billie. The faces he makes during it are :wub::wub:

Just now, Beyza said:

You freaking rule!!!!!! :wub:

Archived