Billie Joe on Zane Lowe - Feb 2020

Squashie

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

For me, at a festival you’re still probably going to get a full set but here it’s going to have to be a shortened set.

Yep, I’ve seen the Foos play deep cuts and not really get the audience back up again, pretty well stalled what was a great show.

I think they'll make the shortened set their standard.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beerjeezus said:

I think they'll make the shortened set their standard.

Agreed but as I am not missing them when they’re so near!

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Same (but the show near me isn't HM so I'm lucky)

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can we start a petition for fans who love the album and want to hear most of it live?

I seriously wish they would do a tour for members of the Green Day Community. Or at least give us VIP tickets in front of the stage. Thinking of myself as one of their biggest fans in this country, its hard to share a big venue with people who have hardly heard any of their songs. 

Just now, cabot_girl said:

I seriously wish they would do a tour for members of the Green Day Community. Or at least give us VIP tickets in front of the stage. Thinking of myself as one of their biggest fans in this country, its hard to share a big venue with people who have hardly heard any of their songs. 

Imagine if they could do club tours for people like us! It would be such a blast.

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

Imagine if they could do club tours for people like us! It would be such a blast.

5 minutes ago, cabot_girl said:

Yeah we are pretty much Idiot Nation these days with the fan club dead. A tour of dates with a GDC code for tickets and they play all deep tracks. We can dream! 

17 minutes ago, jengd said:

This. It'd be nice to see more stuff for superfans like this tbh.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I just can’t do it for Hella Mega. Maybe when it gets closer I’ll cave 

Nice to see it's business as usual around here re: setlists :lol:

Just listened to this and who knows how literally he meant "a couple" of new songs but yeah that doesn't sound too promising. I wonder if that's specific for the Hella Mega shows though, I can understand the time constraints there but there's no reason they shouldn't be able to fully promote the new album otherwise.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

What did I miss - I can't be bothered listening

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

It still hurts to hear it :P

All I can say is if KFAD is played everyone should sit & fold their arms like me - they will soon catch on😏

@RisingRedWolf

3 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

All I can say is if KFAD is played everyone should sit & fold their arms like me - they will soon catch on😏

@RisingRedWolf

I could never do this to Billie 

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I could never do this to Billie 

It's pretty easy tbh - if the set is gonna be 1 1/2 hrs long I don't want anymore than 1 long song & that sure as hell better not be KFAD😋 

11 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

It's pretty easy tbh - if the set is gonna be 1 1/2 hrs long I don't want anymore than 1 long song & that sure as hell better not be KFAD😋 

I agree but let's be realistic, he's too cute, I can't give him shit for anything.

There is some nice infos. There maybe new music this summer.  Billie said They wrote 3 or 4  new songs since first single release. 

2 minutes ago, penbreaker said:

There is some nice infos. There maybe new music this summer.  Billie said They wrote 3 or 4  new songs since first single release. 

Nvm

28 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

At the very least it should be given a break for a while until they can figure out how to make it more interesting. It hasn't been much different since they started playing it this way all the way back in what, 2005? If we were to lose it, it's still on BIAB in an easily accessible manner among recordings of almost every single concert they have done since then. There would be room for at least half of FOAM or like 5 other rare songs.

So to those who really care about KFAD so much, ask yourself what would you honestly rather, hearing songs like Scattered, JAR, Christie Road, Going to Pasalaqua, maybe even all of them? or KFAD?

So new music release date got pushed from "before the tour" to "this summer." Soon it will be "never."

Why would an artist make new music and never play any of it? It's weird and goes against what he did with the Longshot. It's anti-creative. It seems like they are pumping out albums just to justify a tour.

20 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

At the very least it should be given a break for a while until they can figure out how to make it more interesting. It hasn't been much different since they started playing it this way all the way back in what, 2005? If we were to lose it, it's still on BIAB in an easily accessible manner among recordings of almost every single concert they have done since then. There would be room for at least half of FOAM or like 5 other rare songs.

So to those who really care about KFAD so much, ask yourself what would you honestly rather, hearing songs like Scattered, JAR, Christie Road, Going to Pasalaqua, maybe even all of them? or KFAD?

As much as I like seeing KFAD because it's a party on stage, I agree. Before it kind of felt like a surprise. Now it's like here we go...be prepared for a few cover songs to be thrown in before the song ends. Give it a rest and bring in some other songs. 

10 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

As much as I like seeing KFAD because it's a party in stage, I agree. Before it kind of felt like a surprise. Now it's like here we go...be prepared for a few cover songs to be thrown in before the song ends. Give it a rest and bring in some other songs. 

And don't even get me started on how they didn't play a single Trilogy song during the RevRad tour, like there's just so much music here, put away the stale and make room for something a bit more fresh. 

Let's face it, it's been done to death and it's time to free up some space, hell, were going to need as much as possible on Hella Mega.

Archived