Billie Joe on Zane Lowe - Feb 2020

Squashie

Just now, jengd said:

Short but sweet interview.  Was he really in bed with a cup of coffee and an eye mask 😂😂

Yes but I missed the FaceTime video I didn’t know how to view it

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jengd said:

Short but sweet interview.  Was he really in bed with a cup of coffee and an eye mask 😂😂

I'm gonna say yes. It was only 9:30 in the morning when it took place and Zane facetimed him (I wanna video of that).

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes but I missed the FaceTime video I didn’t know how to view it

I don't know how to view that either. I hope they post it on the beats1 youtube page.

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think RevRad and Bang Bang will be all we get from RevRad. My prediction is it will still be heavy on Dookie and AI and nothing from the Trilogy again. We’ll be lucky to get three new songs, two of which will be singles. 😢

I think you might be 100% right on this 😕. I think keeping RevRad and Bang Bang makes sense and much as I'd love to still have more from that album, it's normal to go light on your last album. Bummed that it doesn't sound like there will be much of any of the new songs. Even if they didn't play them at the show I happen to go to I just really would love there to be live video of more (if not all) of the new songs. And can't say I'd be surprised by it being heavy on the hits given the format of the show but still. I don't know how they don't get sick of playing the same 15-20 songs for years when they have as many songs as they do. Fingers crossed for a club tour in the fall with a little more from the other 90% of their catalog. 

I'd hoped for at least 5 FOAM songs on the setlist :cry:. C'mon GD get them on the setlist! 

And as for the rest of the setlist I'm happy to hear anything. 

4 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'd take a stale setlist over Hella Mega.

Ditto

6 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'd take a stale setlist over Hella Mega.

Okay that's fair. I totally agree.

23:59 We do what we want, no one cares about fans opinions

00:00 It's hard make setlists, we will just play all the hits because most of them don't know the deep cuts

1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Ditto

Just now, kaylubd said:

Okay that's fair. I totally agree.

I don't really know why it seems so bad when I've waited all day for Green Day at festivals where I didn't like the other bands. Maybe it's because Hella Mega is the only option rather than a one-off. Or maybe I'm really that uninterested in Weezer and Fall Out Boy :P 

25 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Don't get me wrong, seeing Green Day is amazing. And it's still pretty exciting to hear them play live even if it's the same songs over and over. They do an excellent job with them and of course I'm gonna sing along when they play "Longview" again. But the stale setlist doesn't exactly encourage me to see them every single time they come to town. It's part of the reason I skipped their last Wrigley show and the Hella Mega tour. Their shows are still fun and I love seeing the boys live, but seriously, just a bit of a shake up for the setlist would be amazing. 

Couldn't agree more. Honestly, I go see most of my favorite bands 5 times per tour, sometimes more than that in a year if they circle around again. I can't motivate myself though to go to more than 1 or 2 for Green Day because I not only know what's getting played, I know the order, I know what's going to be said to the crowd, I know there will not be one bit of difference besides a different kid called up on stage, it's like rewatching a concert DVD. It's a really AMAZING concert DVD but still, too predictable. 

4 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I don't really know why it seems so bad when I've waited all day for Green Day at festivals where I didn't like the other bands. Maybe it's because Hella Mega is the only option rather than a one-off. Or maybe I'm really that uninterested in Weezer and Fall Out Boy :P 

Might be because Hella Mega is Green Day saying "look here's something you didn't want and KFAD, now pay us". It's like a fucking fast food menu where you can't get the one thing you like without the rest.

11 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

For me part of it is I'm starting to despise package tours. I have never been to one where I liked half the bands on the lineup. If I wanted a festival, I'll go to one. I pay to see one particular band. I shouldn't have to sit through three or more.

4 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

For me part of it is I'm starting to despise package tours. I have never been to one where I liked half the bands on the lineup. If I wanted a festival, I'll go to one. I pay to see one particular band. I shouldn't have to sit through three or more.

This. I can see random bands any time in a more comfortable setting. If I'm going to a huge stadium show, it's because of the one band I can't see otherwise.

There still a few months away from Hella Mega starts so things could change between now and June 

1 minute ago, kaylubd said:

So did anyone capture the face time?

I think it will be uploaded to the apple page later. I haven't found the video yet.

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I think it will be uploaded to the apple page later. I haven't found the video yet.

I hope so. It would be bullshit to do it and then just not upload it. 

Just now, kaylubd said:

I hope so. It would be bullshit to do it and then just not upload it. 

They have other facetimes up on their apple page. I don't know how to download/rip it when it pops up. 

22 minutes ago, DadBod said:

They have other facetimes up on their apple page. I don't know how to download/rip it when it pops up. 

I didn’t see them but it won’t be hard to download it I think if they’ll not upload it anywhere else to can watch 

2 hours ago, kaylubd said:

With how far Green Day is into their career I don't buy the notion of we need to play the hits. I really think they can switch it up. When they included more old stuff on the club tour it got a huge response. I just can't stand when artists use the whole "oh fans won't know it" approach. It's 2020. Your music is available on streaming services. There are plenty of ways for them to get familiar with the older stuff. 

Cough Foo Fighters cough

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

For me, at a festival you’re still probably going to get a full set but here it’s going to have to be a shortened set.

11 minutes ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

Cough Foo Fighters cough

Yep, I’ve seen the Foos play deep cuts and not really get the audience back up again, pretty well stalled what was a great show.

15 minutes ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

Cough Foo Fighters cough

I've never seen them live, but it doesn't surprise me.

Archived