Billie Joe on Zane Lowe - Feb 2020

Squashie

I don't know if I can download it. I have Apple music, so I'll see what I can figure out otherwise, @Todd, maybe you can record it. He's coming on SOON.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS I just got caught up, Green Day

tenor.gif?itemid=5101536

(seriously, I Iove it but a tad overwhelming) 

Just now, kaylubd said:

FFS I just got caught up, Green Day

(seriously, I Iove it but a tad overwhelming) 

Another new podcast got posted a few minutes ago as well. I was listening to that when this tweet came across my phone.

Just now, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Lots of trap beats building up the anticipation :P 

Maybe they'll play some swedish songwriters afterwards. :toocool:

Honestly, I don't know why they're rushing them all out now. You would think they would save a few for when the tour launches...you know to make sure people don't lose interest in the album. If this is how Crush operates I'm not really feeling their style.

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Another new podcast got posted a few minutes ago as well. I was listening to that when this tweet came across my phone.

Maybe they'll play some swedish songwriters afterwards. :toocool:

Pretty some of what they are playing right now has Max Martin all over it :P 

I’ll try to record this and post it afterwards ;) 

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Honestly, I don't know why they're rushing them all out now. You would think they would save a few for when the tour launches...you know to make sure people don't lose interest in the album. If this is how Crush operates I'm not really feeling their style.

I think the strategy is to pump up the first week sales as much as possible, which matters quite a lot also for the long term success of the record. 

1 minute ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I think the strategy is to pump up the first week sales, which matters quite a lot also for the long term success of the record. 

That would make sense, but I'm starting to find it annoying. It was so frustrating when the band announced the album and then disappeared for months. I like it when it's spread out...and it's nicer for my wallet too. 

Ooo ... he's gonna be on facetime video? God I hope that gets posted to youtube or somewhere.

Nevermind, Apple is smart enough to not let you record the Apple Music audio with the iPhone screen recording tool. 

Billie Joe wrote 4 songs since September, in addition to the extra 7 from the FOAM session 😮 Said again that more music might come during the summer! 

Bad news about the set list though. He said they’re gonna play a couple of new ones and then it will all be familiar. They’re gonna play all the hits. 

4 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Billie Joe wrote 4 songs since September, in addition to the extra 7 from the FOAM session 😮 Said again that more music might come during the summer! 

M A G N U M    O P U S    OF    T H E    I N G L O R I O U S    K I N D :shifty:

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Bad news about the set list though. He said they’re gonna play a couple of new ones and then it will all be familiar. They’re gonna play all the hits. 

I can't say it surprises me, the travelling circus tour is meant to draw casual fans, so the setlists have to be in accord, but I'm really sorry we don't get to hear many FOAM songs, because they absolutely deserve to be played.

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Hey, making the setlist is hard, just like Mike said. :dry:

It's hard because the copy machine run out of paper :P

Maybe it’s hard for them because they would like to play more mixed set lists but know they need to play the hits?

That just baffles me. You guys have barely touched the setlist in years. We're not talking show to show. We're talking from tour to tour and you constantly say it's hard? I would love for them to do a fan poll or something. Muse did that for a few shows, which was really cool. Or they can do the whole one song from each album approach. That's what HIM did on tour once.

1 minute ago, jengd said:

Maybe it’s hard for them because they would like to play more mixed set lists but know they need to play the hits?

I would imagine that they'd like to play deeper cuts, but they want to keep the energy going and if people don't know the song the crowd tends to fall flat.

1 minute ago, jengd said:

With how far Green Day is into their career I don't buy the notion of we need to play the hits. I really think they can switch it up. When they included more old stuff on the club tour it got a huge response. I just can't stand when artists use the whole "oh fans won't know it" approach. It's 2020. Your music is available on streaming services. There are plenty of ways for them to get familiar with the older stuff. 

Just now, DadBod said:

I would imagine that they'd like to play deeper cuts, but they want to keep the energy going and if people don't know the song the crowd tends to fall flat.

Totally. I’ve been at concerts as a casual fan and when the band veer off so many in the audience have no idea what’s happening and it just goes flat.  It can be difficult to build up again too!

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

They forgot how to play all the other songs and they can't remember so that makes it hard to create varied setlists

Green Day had the opportunity to make a Setlist that could have been tremendous. Sad! 

1 minute ago, kaylubd said:

With how far Green Day is into their career I don't buy the notion of we need to play the hits. I really think they can switch it up. When they included more old stuff on the club tour it got a huge response. I just can't stand when artists use the whole "oh fans won't know it" approach. It's 2020. Your music is available on streaming services. There are plenty of ways for them to get familiar with the older stuff. 

I think it’s one thing playing in a small club with mega fans but quite different for a big crowd, especially a mixed one like Hella Mega.

If they wanted to play deep cuts, they could do it, the few songs here and there won't ruin the momentum of a 2 hour show, either at big shows or in clubs, but for some reason they're comfortable sticking with the one setlist.

Archived