"Billie Joe Armstrong Of Green Day Shaded Ariana Grande And...No, Absolutely Not"- Buzzfeed article

FruitbasketCase

You know I don’t mind going on and on about anything Green Day, but this is just dumb. Imagine being 10, an Ariana Grande fan, and some evil, foul-mouthed, (literally) dick swinging guy says something bad about her. You’d get MAD.

1 hour ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Last of the American Girls is a sucky song. I never listened to it more than once or twice (second time probably by accident).

Boo, it’s not top tier, but fun :P I haven’t listened to 21cb in a long time but one day this last winter I was taking a walk in my city’s touristy streets (corona took care of that since then haha) and I heard LOTAG because someone was blasting it on full volume into the street from a closed restaurant. It sounded so amazing. It’s hard to describe, but for some reason it also really fit the place where I heard it... it’s a bunch of old streets with mysterious graffittis that are inspired by a locally famous childrens’ book that place in this area.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Wow talk about taking things out of context 😲 Amazing the picture you can paint with a limited understanding of a person or his music (and no appreciation of irony or sarcasm). My favorite part is how they decided he gets a pass for the use of the F word because he’s entitled to claim it 😄 How big of you. 

They started misrepresent him like that with this buzzfeed article and then other videos titled GD singer praises Eilish while SHADING Grande when there is no such a thing. He already explained that later by saying he doesn’t have anything against any pop artists or their music, the names are not important cause he meant general pop/mainstream music there and several times before so it’s not the first time. He could name Taylor Swift or someone either but it’s tragicomic for sure that someone could come up with things about an artist and things he has done or not throughout the years to accuse him like that 

• Like 2

He could’ve been more diplomatic and not name anyone, but there’s really no need to make a drama out of this. He gave an example of an artist he doesn’t like. No one likes everything, so why should that be an issue. It’s absurd, I mean, obviously he’s far from perfect, but I suggest we don’t give this any attention, because a) this is what this person wants b) imagine how pathetic you have to be that you start an ig account because someone doesn’t enjoy the same thing you do. Speaking of that, my mom doesn’t like chocolate cake. I will never understand that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Speaking of that, my mom doesn’t like chocolate cake. I will never understand that.

😮😮 let's start an IG account against her.

• Haha 2

You CANNOT criticize women. There is no such thing as a woman that is bad at something.

There is something really cool about hearing a GD song in a weird place and it’s not an overplayed hit. @Beerjeezus I love when that happens! My personal favorite is hearing FBHT (it even happens to this day sometimes) or the new record excites me when I hear it in a random place. I was worried it was gonna get trashed and forgotten like the trilogy was and that was a damn shame.

But LOTAG sucks (compared to Green Day). Green Day is like pizza... even when it’s “bad” it’s good. And they are always doing 100% better stuff than anyone else around. However, I’m a spoiled little Green Day fan and LOTAG sucks lol (compared to other Green Day).  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

😮😮 let's start an IG account against her.

Clearly there’s no other solution :(

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

You know I don’t mind going on and on about anything Green Day, but this is just dumb. Imagine being 10, an Ariana Grande fan, and some evil, foul-mouthed, (literally) dick swinging guy says something bad about her. You’d get MAD.

You know what, I’d still get really mad if I saw someone wrote anything to underrate my favorite ‘has-been’ artist while praising evey teenager’s current most favorite singer who has been around for five years but I would do that just because I strongly believed it is not right or just annoying but probably wouldn’t write anything about that so just got mad for a while on my own that’s all lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So I heard about this account because the MCR fandom was having a field day making fun of it on twitter and against my better judgement I looked and then saw “Billie Joe is next” and my first thought was American Eulogy so the next day I looked and read the post and it’s pretty obvious it’s an Ariana stan who is still mad over his old man comment. 

I had a good laugh though because a) I think the fandom itself hates the Oh Love video and B) whatever happened with the Last of the American Girls book? Whoever wrote that rollout promotion description truly screwed up lol. Lastly, them acting like the iHeart things was somehow Billie being bad to everyone is weird and makes it show that this account is nonsense. 

• Like 3

On 4/15/2020 at 5:49 PM, DookieLukie said:

You CANNOT criticize women. There is no such thing as a woman that is bad at something.

Clearly,  people who think this way have never heard Yoko Ono sing.

4 hours ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Clearly,  people who think this way have never heard Yoko Ono sing.

I’d rather listen to Yoko Ono than a lot of mainstream artists that all sound the same

• Like 1