"Billie Joe Armstrong Of Green Day Shaded Ariana Grande And...No, Absolutely Not"- Buzzfeed article

FruitbasketCase

7 hours ago, Hermione said:

My question is why the hell would this have been brought up in a conversation about Billie preferring Billie Eilish's work to Ariana Grande's? :lol: That would indicate not having a leg to stand on in their argument.

People trying to dig up any dirt on him to make him look like a horrible person 🙄 exactly for the reason you said, they have no other leg to stand on

If he had said Billie Eilish deserved to win over Nickleback imagine the memes...everyone would call it "brilliant trolling"

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comments on there very hilarious. They’re questioning who is he and how can he talk about Ariana like K-pop fans said before. They must be so young probably 10-13. It was a really unnecessary thing overall but seeing that kind of stuff makes me laugh lol

Good to know that it's not ok to say that you don't like something anymore. 

20 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

hahaha times are changing, when I was 12 - 13 everyone loved Billie

Yeah probably 15 years ago most of the teenagers were obsessed with him. I think they still have young fans and continue gaining but now cannot be like back then but I think it’s not really likely that the people was born in America don’t have any idea about them cause they’re on TV and other mainstream events very often. They may not be known in other countries though 

9 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

God, holy shit dude like I remember when I was that age and nearly every girl I spoke to not only knew who the fuck he was, but absolutely adored him. Times have changed indeed, hopefully if anything this leads them to google his name because they should educate themselves on who this guy is.

I am starting to feel like that old guy who is talking about how "music was so much better back in my day" and I am not even 30 yet...... yet.

10 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Great fucking times. I remember when I discovered GD in 2005. I was in the fifth grade and basically everyone had their songs on their mp3 players and knew them or at least Billie by name. We even did a big school project on them that was hanging on the wall for a whole school year. I wish I was a little bit older to truly recognize the significance of the band.

3 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

God, holy shit dude like I remember when I was that age and nearly every girl I spoke to not only knew who the fuck he was, but absolutely adored him. Times have changed indeed, hopefully if anything this leads them to google his name because they should educate themselves on who this guy is.

I am starting to feel like that old guy who is talking about how "music was so much better back in my day" and I am not even 30 yet...... yet.

Don’t wanna be accused of being a boomer ! 

3 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

As a 30-something... it only goes down from here (in my experience). That could also be a product of my place of work (a University). 

Just now, DadBod said:

As a 30-something... it only goes down from here (in my experience). That could also be a product of my place of work (a University). 

I don't know how I could feel much more unhappy about my life right now to be honest, but I won't bring people down here with all that stuff. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to 🤣

1 minute ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I don't know how I could feel much more unhappy about my life right now to be honest, but I won't bring people down here with all that stuff. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to 🤣

You’re welcome! 😂 but honestly, life is totally what you make of it. Most of my friends are ~10 years older than me and I was the youngest in my office group for 5 years. I’m like an old soul in a young body. 

If you need someone to vent/talk to, feel free to PM me. I’m a great listener. ☺️

So, between this fuckin’ shit, and n̶o̶t̶ fan reception of FOAMF, is it safe to say that the world fucking hates Green Day now?

4 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

So, between this fuckin’ shit, and n̶o̶t̶ fan reception of FOAMF, is it safe to say that the world fucking hates Green Day now?

No, only twitter, I still see some positive posts and so on :) 

People have short memories, most people don’t even know about it  

11 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I don’t think like that. They are still loved by the majority of people around the world. I’ve seen on social media that people feel a some kind of special connection with them although they’re not even a fan. They have always got some hate, it won’t change but in general, they still have a positive image in people’s mind imo 

12 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I sure hope so so I can have that small show for me and 5 friends

41 minutes ago, Beyza said:

I don’t think like that. They are still loved by the majority of people around the world. I’ve seen on social media that people feel a some kind of special connection with them although they’re not even a fan. They have always got some hate, it won’t change but in general, they still have a positive image in people’s mind imo 

Agree, the hate it’s always been there. The difference is that now social media throw that in everyone’s face, and compared to the previous promotional cycle this time there is a proper media coverage that exposes them more then in the past. Put on top of that a couple of fucked up moves from Crush, and the cake is served. 
That said all the hate is condensed in a Twitter bubble that has no general impact on the band legacy IMHO If anything it is boosting the album streams because people that usually do not listen to them are checking the album to bitch about it :P 

On 2/10/2020 at 10:13 PM, WhiteTim said:

Whites shouldn’t say that word regardless of context

I'm inclined to agree. I never truly felt comfortable with the fact he used it in the song, even if it was "with good intention" and "to make a political statement". I love Green Day, but I stand by the belief that if you need to resort to political slurs to make a point, you're doing something wrong.

On 2/10/2020 at 10:45 PM, Hermione said:

In general that's a good rule to live by but what about a white actor playing a racist character in a movie or play? Or a racist character in a book written by a white person? In the song Billie is singing a quote from a racist, who is presented as a bad person. I can't really see any difference there to a racist character saying it in other forms of art. Context always matters imo.

That's a pretty succinct point, though. I'm glad I saw this.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I sure hope so so I can have that small show for me and 5 friends

One man's intense hatred towards a band is another man's dream concert situation 😅

6 minutes ago, blackberry_poppies said:

One man's intense hatred towards a band is another man's dream concert situation 😅

Gotta make the best of it! :lol:

• 2 months later...

So, I don’t really want to revive this thread but honestly find that so funny, maybe because I haven’t seen any “anti” accounts or posts like that since 2012. So, it felt nostalgic maybe don’t know lol I  don’t get why they still couldn’t move on this topic though. Probably because of being teenager. I can’t relate anymore sadly but I used to argue a lot with these kinds of anti accounts of my artists on facebook mostly and they were really good times

Last of the American Girls is a sucky song. I never listened to it more than once or twice (second time probably by accident).

8 minutes ago, Beyza said:

So, I don’t really want to revive this thread but honestly find that so funny, maybe because I haven’t seen any “anti” accounts or posts like that since 2012. So, it felt nostalgic maybe don’t know lol I  don’t get why they still couldn’t move on this topic though. Probably because of being teenager. I can’t relate anymore sadly but I used to argue a lot with these kinds of anti accounts of my artists on facebook mostly and they were really good times

Wait just to clarify. Is it an account for fun and to laugh? Or this person is serious?

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Wait just to clarify. Is it an account for fun and to laugh? Or this person is serious?

From what I gather, the person is serious. It's a hate account. Don't give it the "fame" they want.

They have attacked Frank and Gerard of My Chemical Romance as well.

1 minute ago, Squashie said:

From what I gather, the person is serious. It's a hate account. Don't give it the "fame" they want.

They have attacked Frank and Gerard of My Chemical Romance as well.

Wow. People have nothing to do. And these facts are fucking nothing lol 😂

Wow talk about taking things out of context 😲 Amazing the picture you can paint with a limited understanding of a person or his music (and no appreciation of irony or sarcasm). My favorite part is how they decided he gets a pass for the use of the F word because he’s entitled to claim it 😄 How big of you. 

Archived