Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

No, cause they've never done anything for an album's 5 year anniversary and that's certainly not going to be the case with an album that people generally don't like very much.

Yeah, I didn't think so either. Thanks for the feedback! 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m finally starting to dig stab you in the heart! :yay:

Also Starting to see many users on various forums claiming FOAM is the GOAT in Green Day discography and it’s giving me Star Wars prequel vibes (hated on when they came out, now beloved by those who came after).

Y’all must be from the future! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, suffoKate said:

Also Starting to see many users on various forums claiming FOAM is the GOAT in Green Day discography and it’s giving me Star Wars prequel vibes (hated on when they came out, now beloved by those who came after).

I don't think it's that many people making that claim though. But there are definitely more people saying that now than 3-4 years ago

Really, any album they release will have at least someone who thinks it's the greatest album of all time, even if most other people think it's a huge piece of crap

• Like 3

2 hours ago, suffoKate said:

FOAM also had to grow on me, too! It is probably because they chose to do a different sound. I liked Stab You In the Heart from the beginning, but the rest had to grow on me three or four listens through. You know it's good when it's their "worst album" and people still get into them because of it. Me personally, it is not my favorite album, but it is still good! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

FOAM also had to grow on me, too! It is probably because they chose to do a different sound. I liked Stab You In the Heart from the beginning, but the rest had to grow on me three or four listens through. You know it's good when it's their "worst album" and people still get into them because of it. Me personally, it is not my favorite album, but it is still good! 

Yep. I’m trying to be a lot more open minded about it, and the band themselves seem to really like the record!

• Like 1

I don't know how the drums where treated and recorded by Butch Walker but to me the drums in FOAM
sound like they were generated with a drum computer 😅 in Saviors (and all other albums) they sound more human

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flashback said:

I don't know how the drums where treated and recorded by Butch Walker but to me the drums in FOAM
sound like they were generated with a drum computer 😅 in Saviors (and all other albums) they sound more human

Definitely real drums, just (like everything else on FOAMF) processed to death.

The album is still an absolute bin fire.

• Like 2

They should definitely make a Father of All Part 2.     Dookie cover with Pukey and an even shorter, weirder, handclappier falsetto-ier album than before!   Give us a nice balance between Saviors style releases and FOAMY releases.  ;) 

• Haha 1

I think FOAM is good, but it also represents what would happen when you walk away from Rob Cavallo 😅

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, devilskind92 said:

I think a lot of the initial backlash against FOAM stemmed from:

1. It being the only new music we received for what we knew would be at least 3 to 4 years.
2. The perception that this was the new direction the band was taking. Particularly after RevRad, the shift felt misplaced.

Now that we have Saviors, which kind of continues what RevRad was going for, FOAM loses all that bad baggage. It's no longer viewed as the only new material we have, nor does it define the band's sound going forward. And when you consider it as just a collection of 10 songs, it's evident that it wasn't as bad as people initially made it out to be.

Now that the dust has settled, I believe fans should give FOAM another chance and appreciate it for what it is: a pretty fun, harmless record.

I agree with some of what you say but we didn’t know the world was going to shut down when FOAM was released.  I think in the main people were just shocked it was so different.

• Like 3

Pretty sure the next album is gonna be more like foam than saviors or AI/21cb style. Remember my words 😁

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

15 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Pretty sure the next album is gonna be more like foam than saviors or AI/21cb style. Remember my words 😁

No way, man. 

Saviors has generally been well received and the fan base for the most part loves it. 

FOAMF was critically panned and I'd say a majority of long-term GD fans find it mediocre at best, and many (like myself) think it was - and still is - an abject mess. 

Why would they risk it at this stage of their careers? Just release another normal GD album. Doesn't need a fucking story or some huge concept, they've done that. Doesn't need to be cringey boomer edgelord garage rock. 

Another album at the same quality as Saviors and everyone will be happy. 

• Like 1

I honestly don't think they are going to do another album like FOAM again. I loved the live concerts that year. 

36 minutes ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

I honestly don't think they are going to do another album like FOAM again. I loved the live concerts that year. 

I think they will.... every 2nd album is shit

Dookie - Good
Insomniac - Shit
Nimrod - Good
Warning - Shit
American Idiot - Good
21st - Shit
Uno - Good
Dos - Shit
Tre - Shit
Revrad - Good
FOAMF - Shit
Saviors - Good
Next album - Shit

PS. I'm totally kidding settle down

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Doggins said:

I think they will.... every 2nd album is shit

Dookie - Good
Insomniac - Shit
Nimrod - Good
Warning - Shit
American Idiot - Good
21st - Shit
Uno - Good
Dos - Shit
Tre - Shit
Revrad - Good
FOAMF - Shit
Saviors - Good
Next album - Shit

PS. I'm totally kidding settle down

Thank for putting the PS in there 😄

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:42 AM, Saviour said:

No way, man. 

Saviors has generally been well received and the fan base for the most part loves it. 

FOAMF was critically panned and I'd say a majority of long-term GD fans find it mediocre at best, and many (like myself) think it was - and still is - an abject mess. 

Why would they risk it at this stage of their careers? Just release another normal GD album. Doesn't need a fucking story or some huge concept, they've done that. Doesn't need to be cringey boomer edgelord garage rock. 

Another album at the same quality as Saviors and everyone will be happy. 

I think the theory behind them making another FOAMF type album is that Green Day projects alternate between that experimental/power pop/garage rock sound (Foxboro, trilogy, FOAMF) and the more American Idiot-esque sound. Although I don't really consider FOAMF to be all that comparable to the trilogy. I can see them continuing to make garage type stuff but if they do, I think it will be more like the trilogy or Longshot than FOAMF

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 4:32 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think the theory behind them making another FOAMF type album is that Green Day projects alternate between that experimental/power pop/garage rock sound (Foxboro, trilogy, FOAMF) and the more American Idiot-esque sound. Although I don't really consider FOAMF to be all that comparable to the trilogy. I can see them continuing to make garage type stuff but if they do, I think it will be more like the trilogy or Longshot than FOAMF

In other words they should do another FBHT album next!

• Like 3

This album along with warning, dos and tre are considered to be their worst.   Having 10 beloved albums and 4 mixed-to-negatively received albums isn't so bad.    Weezer are often said to have a discography alternating between great and terrible on every release.     I disagree with all these things, but that's okay.  

I say Weezer's catalogue is good/good/good/bad/good/good/good/good/good/good/bad/good/bad/good/good/good.  

I don't think Warning is considered one of their worst. In fact, it was critically well-received. 

• Like 2