Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

At first I really wasn't feeling this album but over the last month or so I've completely fallen in love with it. I couldnt even tell you why but I love it so much and in honestly didn't even expect to like it after hearinfather of all for the first time.

• Like 2

It's been a really long time since I've been on this site but I just have to reiterate how much I love this album. I was so shocked by my own reaction to it. All my hopes went put the window when Billie posted that stupid ass this about how it's for "keel kids and motown" and whatever the fucl that was. But man I really love it it's honestly my favorite since AI I believe. 

The Bob Gruen Green Day photo book is also 6 bucks. Weird.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, kaylubd said:

The Bob Gruen Green Day photo book is also 6 bucks. Weird.

I wonder how well that sold.  $6 is like clearance priced.

My thoughts on this album?

How will they follow up this masterpiece?

If we started getting an album every year would it be okay if they were short?

Or could they make something massive.  Due to streaming, an album can be any length. I hope FOAM is followed by a trilogy called Billie / Mike / Tres 

Get it??????!

Foam was a kick butt era and a lot of fun was had. 

I actually have been hearing OH YEAH on the xm radio and on regular radio. 

FOAM.  

• 1 month later...

Father of All came up on my shuffle and I haven't heard it in a while. I still hate the falsetto singing (Billie's just not that good at it), but the hook still slaps. It's a shame the era got interrupted by COVID and most have forgotten they released a new LP this year.

• Like 3

I've realized that FOAM has a lot of songs that are good one their own, but as a cohesive album, it is lacking. The whole "history of rock and rock" makes the album like a feel and identity of its own.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Father of All came up on my shuffle and I haven't heard it in a while. I still hate the falsetto singing (Billie's just not that good at it), but the hook still slaps. It's a shame the era got interrupted by COVID and most have forgotten they released a new LP this year.

I love the song, but my one complaint is also Billie's shrieky voice. It doesn't sound like him. His natural voice is beautiful as is.

Was talking to a lady about Green Day yesterday and mentioned their new album, she asked “oh American Idiot” and I had to keep from saying “I wish” and/or laughing. I don’t hate FOAM and I’m all for experimenting new sounds (I love the trilogy) but I’ve come to realize it’s my least listened to album of theirs by a huge margin and even then I only listen to maybe 4 songs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

At least she didn't say "oh are they still around?" 

I get this response too.

20 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I've realized that FOAM has a lot of songs that are good one their own, but as a cohesive album, it is lacking. The whole "history of rock and rock" makes the album like a feel and identity of its own.

This is exactly how I feel. There a some excellent songs on the album, but it feels more like a random collection of songs rather than a cohesive album. I'm not saying they need to have a big epic album or anything like that, but this was the first album of theres since their debut album that I've felt lacked front-to-back replayability. The good songs I come back to very frequently but the others I skip almost every time, whereas previous albums even songs that I don't care for much I can still listen to in the context of the album. Also, too much filler for an album that is only 26 minutes.

• Like 1

i agree with you guys, its not the LP i wished for / expected, but i still enjoy listening to it, it "doesnt sound" like GD but because of this it sounds "fresh"

its so sad we didnt really got to experience the new songs live (fuck corona)

now, after several months, we got used to their latest LP, and if i now had to pick just a few songs that are "outstanding" on FOAM it would be:

foam (i just ignore billie's falsetto voice) .. meet me on the roof .. sugar youth (!) .. graffitia

• Like 2

How does an album that sounds like a bad version or those early 2000's "Garage Rock Revival" bands (most of them already lame to begin with), sound "fresh"? 😂

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Fredes said:

How does an album that sounds like a bad version or those early 2000's "Garage Rock Revival" bands (most of them already lame to begin with), sound "fresh"? 😂

Dude, we get that you don't like the album and that's completely fine. I really don't understand your need to constantly question or mock those who do like it lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for giving Green Day shit and not one of those annoying over protective fans, but you going "LOL THEY SUCK XD" and bashing other fans who have a different opinion just seems kind of pointless.

This album imo has way too much filler for an album that's only 26 minutes long

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

On 6/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Exactly. All Filler no Killer

22 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

It’s amazing how so much garbage can fit into such a short album

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

listening to this now.  Loving Graffita the best.  Only liking a couple of others.  Not a huge fan of this album.

• Like 3

FOAM is a great Green Day album in my opinion. Right up there with their best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I wouldn't put it up there with their best stuff, but I do think it's a good album.