Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

I've got flu, so i can't go outside and buy the record but at least i can listen to it all day long.

At least i choose a relatively nice week to get sick. 😅

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Tomorrow you are gonna love the whole record, you heard it here first :P 

You missed the first two lines of my post: I know you know this but since people already started worrying about this in the other thread 

He didn’t rip it off from paper bullets, he wrote paper bullets and released one of those songs through this record, as he did with the Longshot ep. That’s not ripping off, it’s publishing an unreleased song. 

Chill :) 

I did read your entire post. He didnt release an unreleased song, he changed the title and the lyrics. I would gave been happy if he had just put you broke my heart on this record. 

And just because my opinion doesnt agree with yours doesnt mean I have to chill. I am allowed to dislike the album. Maybe you should be more accepting of others opinions

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Tomorrow you are gonna love the whole record, you heard it here first :P 

Definitely not. I’m not listening to the album front to back anymore after the 4 spins I’ve given it. Only currently listening to the three songs I like in isolation 🤙🏻

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chin for a Day said:

I did read your entire post. He didnt release an unreleased song, he changed the title and the lyrics. I would gave been happy if he had just put you broke my heart on this record. 

And just because my opinion doesnt agree with yours doesnt mean I have to chill. I am allowed to dislike the album. Maybe you should be more accepting of others opinions

I am not sure what is your opinion on this song and my post was not disagreeing with what you said. You misunderstood my post: since people in the other thread started to worry that Billie was plagiarizing a musical (since they didn’t know Billie wrote those songs), I just wanted to remind (not to you but to those not knowing/remembering this) that he is the author of that song, both the original musical version and this one released as GD, that’s it. I am not attacking you for your opinion or anything else, and the chill was a peaceful chill with a smile, not sure why you are being so aggressive, but I think you just misinterpreted what I am saying. 
Again I think you are using a wrong word because the definition of ripping off is not aligned to this case, but whatever, not here to fight with anyone and if you don’t like this song or anything else I will never attack you for that. You are looking at the wrong guy. 

4 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

Definitely not. I’m not listening to the album front to back anymore after the 4 spins I’ve given it. Only currently listening to the three songs I like in isolation 🤙🏻

You guys are taking everything way too seriously and literally :P 

Before the release of first single I had a quiet hope they will go for another concept album with an orginal storyline, like a mix of AI/21st.

Considering my low expectations after 3 singles, it came out quite well. I was afraid that rest of foamf will be like Oh Yeah, which has a clear synth pop vibe. Listening to MMOTR for the first time was hell of a relief.

As a whole foamf is really enjoyable. I got really into MMOTR, SY and TTMAC. Keep listening all the time

What I don't like about foamf is their loose approach to their legacy. Lets make some short songs, because we hate long songs / call it pure rock and roll / sample some classic songs / put a puking unicorn and reuse (defame) our iconic AI cover - will be fun / fuck this fuck that

I'm a little worried they said foamf will kind of define GD sound for another 10 years. I've no idea if it's just about production techniques or what.

Generally I'm glad they're still playing instruments and they try to keep rock n roll spirit.

Favorites:

- Meet Me On The Roof

- Sugar Youth

- Take the Money and Crawl

Least favorite:

- Ready, Fire, Aim

- Oh Yeah

- Foamf

• Like 1

I've listened to this shit all week and I still love it. It's experimental but still Green Day. All over the place yet still cohesive. It leaves me wanting more yet the length also feels perfect. FOA is a great opener and Graffitia is the perfect closer for this album, for sure. There's not a single song I feel the need to skip, not even Stab You In The Heart which I suspected might be that song. The lyrics are alright, I haven't really focused on them so I can't say much. There are some lines I absolutely love. 

I'd give this album a very strong 8 out of 10 I think. It's not extraordinary like AI or 21CB, but it doesn't need to be. It's just the boys seemingly being confident enough to do whatever the fuck they want again without trying to please anyone. It gives fun and carefree vibes while still being very dark and serious. Lastly, for the millionth time: it's exactly what I wanted from the boys this time around. I really love this album and can't wait for everything that'll come with it. 30+ years in and they still got it. I fucking love this band. 

Wow a lot to catch on this morning!!

But like I said yesterday, I seriously like this album!

• Like 1

The only song I don't like is Junkies On A High. Just can't get into it for some reason, hopefully it grows on me!

• Thanks 1

Anyone have any problems getting their digital download? The webstore sent me the email but it didn't contain any download link. 😟

Only listened to it once so far and I've got a couple thoughts.

I Was a Teenage Teenager and Graffitia remind me a lot of Weezer. Stab You in the Heart definitely has a very similar riff to Fuck Time in it and I love it.

I'll be listening to this a lot throughout the day but after one listen I'm pretty impressed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

Anyone have any problems getting their digital download? The webstore sent me the email but it didn't contain any download link. 😟

Same here, plus they haven't even shipped any of the vinyl I ordered :(

The biggest tragedy is I wasted 83 British pounds on this 😂😂 The only album  I’ve ever ordered a bundle for and it turns out to be shit 😂 The shirt is cool though 🤘🏻

Edited by Platypus2000
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I am not sure what is your opinion on this song and my post was not disagreeing with what you said. You misunderstood my post: since people in the other thread started to worry that Billie was plagiarizing a musical (since they didn’t know Billie wrote those songs), I just wanted to remind (not to you but to those not knowing/remembering this) that he is the author of that song, both the original musical version and this one released as GD, that’s it. I am not attacking you for your opinion or anything else, and the chill was a peaceful chill with a smile, not sure why you are being so aggressive, but I think you just misinterpreted what I am saying. 
Again I think you are using a wrong word because the definition of ripping off is not aligned to this case, but whatever, not here to fight with anyone and if you don’t like this song or anything else I will never attack you for that. You are looking at the wrong guy. 

You guys are taking everything way too seriously and literally :P 

Let's take a step back. 

I have no idea what thread you are talking about. I had no idea anyone thought he had plagiarized these paper bullets. I never said he plagiarized. I know he wrote these paper bullets. I am one of the few people on this forum that was lucky enough to see it live. 

Tou are playing semantics with words. Would you prefer if I said he borrowed you broke my heart? Whatever word you would like to use, he took you broke my heart and changed the title and lyrics. That has nothing to do with anyone's opinion on the song, it is a fact.

As for my opinion on the song, I dont like it because it is "borrowed" most people dont have a problem with that, but I do. It is one of the reasons I dont like wake me up when September ends. Billie has always borrowed a riff, most songwriters do. There is only so many riffs to use. But I personally do not like when he essentially borrows an entire song.

You may have thought it was a peaceful chill bit that is not the way it came across. The same with yelling me I'm being aggressive. It did not come across as being friendly or playful. If two people misunderstood you maybe you should take a look at how you posted. However, I am sorry I misunderstood you. 

Favourites: Graffitia, Sugar Youth, Junkies On A High, Stab You in the Heart, Take the Money & Crawl 

Least favourites: Teenage Teenager, Fire Ready Aim, Oh Yeah, Father of All

At this point, it's a strong 7/10 imo. Teenager is the only track that is BAD. The singles are better than I originally thought but still weaker tracks. All the tracks on Side B are great

7 minutes ago, Chin for a Day said:

Let's take a step back. 

I have no idea what thread you are talking about. I had no idea anyone thought he had plagiarized these paper bullets. I never said he plagiarized. I know he wrote these paper bullets. I am one of the few people on this forum that was lucky enough to see it live. 

I quoted your post as a reference for what I was saying, specifying that I understood you knew the original was from Billie, and that I was writing this for everyone else who doesn’t. For the rest I am sorry if I came out aggressively, it was not my intention, I was just trying to explain what I meant and that I was not mad or angry at you for what you were saying. Sorry if It came out as an attack towards you, english is not my native language and Internet is a shitty medium, you are entitled to your opinion and to dislike this song because it was first released as a paper bullets song, and I will never attack you for that. Peace and love. 

• Like 2

List of things I am 100% obsessed with on this album:

Spoiler

The intro to TTMAC
The guitars in TTMAC
The piano in Graffitia 
The 'Oh, what you thinkin/drinkin' in Sugar Youth
The vocal filter on 'i'm drinking whiskey by the river doing yeyo' in Sugar Youth

The lyrics:
'ain't it funny how we're running out of hope?', 'the shooting star of a lowered expectation' and 'burning books in a bulletproof backpack' in Oh Yeah! 
'like a high school loser that will never, ever, ever, ever fuck the prom queen' in Sugar Youth
'rock 'n' roll tragedy, I think the next one could be me' in Junkies On A High
'my path don't follow' in Junkies On A High

The way Billie sings:
'only the lonely and wasted' in Graffitia 
'baby got the hyperbole' in FRA
'you can take a walk or you can suck my cock' in TTMAC
'pictures don't lie when you're front-page news' in SYITH
'i don't wanna be a romeo' in Sugar Youth
Everything in Graffitia, absolutely fucking angelic voice right there 

OKAY BASICALLY EVERYTHING GOD DAMNIT I LOVE THIS ALBUM SO MUCH :wub:

As a lover of the trilogy the album polarises me a bit, I love meet me on the roof and sugar youth, but really can’t get into junkies on a high or oh yeah. Overall I’d rather just listen to a few of the songs on the album rather than the whole thing. I’d probably give it a 6/10 slide it below tre on my ranking of green day albums 

• Like 1

EIther this album is fucking awesome or my expectations were so low it seems so awesome 😂

its funny, I really wanted 21st cb Part II after all the mootik shit. But this is all genuine and I’m loving it. I like the subtle political statements, throwbacks to Older songs, the Dark lyrics, and the fun ass music. I’m not disappointed.

And the singles I hated made sense when listening to the whole album!

sugar youth is so catchy, it’s too short!

I just realized if you're on Spotify - Free you can hear the entire album before the ads come back... God I love this band just the little shit they do to get around the bureaucracy in the industry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

I just realized if you're on Spotify - Free you can hear the entire album before the ads come back... God I love this band just the little shit they do to get around the bureaucracy in the industry

Surely a coincidence? Still cool tho