Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

I hadn't listened to the album in at least three days and I didn't think much about it. But once I finally listened to it I realized just how much I love this album. It legit felt like a relief hearing it again, especially Graffitia. That song is a fucking masterpiece to me. I feel sorry for those that can't enjoy this album. To me this is just so perfect; it fits where I'm at in my life right now, it's fairly experimental just like I had hoped and the songs grow on me with each listen :wub:

6 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Every time I listen to Graffitia I feel like there's a whole story buried in this wonderful (and too short!) song I want to know more about. Can I have a full concept album that takes place in Graffitia please?:wub:

There’s an idea for a new movie now that AI is scrapped 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have completed my Father of All Inspiration album, despite a total lack of suggestions from you guys!  

1.  Sister - Prince

2. Tick Tick Boom - The Hives

3. Do you Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah) - Joan Jett and the Whatever

4. Your Love - Mighty Jupiters

5. Simple Pages - Weezer

6.  Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard

7. She's a Rebel - You know who it is, Mother***ers! 

8.  Stressed Out - 21 Pilots

9.  The Way You Used to Do - Queens of the Stone Age

10.  Koka Kola - The Clash  

I obviously want to enjoy this playlist, but I purposely used songs I'm not super familiar with so it'll be fresh for me.  I listened to just enough to convince myself it was a good fit and then made the playlist.   There are 4 I have never heard and 6 I have, but never played to death.....with the exception being the Green Day tune.   American Idiot is the only cd that I had to replace more than once because I played it to death.   I actually am in need of another one, there is some skippage I can't deal with.   Anyway...

The goal is to hear some different types of music, AND to maybe stop hating Queens of the Stone Age, haha!   I did hear some rather good songs in searching for a twinner to "Take the Money and Crawl", so who knows?   Maybe I've warmed up to their style a bit more.    Maybe I'll warm up to 21 Pilots too, I don't know.   

Tell me what songs you would have chosen to represent the inspiration for Father of All.   Tell me if you think my picks are absolutely off-base, ridiculous - whatever you like!  

I know you wanna!  

*Now I'm off to make a massive mix of all the music Billie Joe's ever mentioned that he likes.    It's going to be a rager!  

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 3:13 PM, Beerjeezus said:

Ever since Graffitia came out I thought it reminded me of this song for a bit, not exactly musically, but it gives me the vibes (obviously Green Day are far less openly political) but here it is, an excuse to share a Billy Bragg song in this thread

great song

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GugsGreenDay said:

I've take one time to think about this album... And what I can say?? I don't like Revolution Radio, but close to this album, Revolution is a masterpiece. This tell pretty much about what I think. I just sad with this, I don't fucking believe. Green Day ALWAYS be my favorite band! I waiting for a tour and if they play here I wanna love go in one show. And I waiting with all my heart for next album with hope this going for MUCH better. xx 🥺

Ps: Is my opinion guys, don't take for your heart if you love the album. 

Don't worry they won't play much new stuff.

On 2/17/2020 at 5:42 PM, Beerjeezus said:

me realizing the kool-aid stands for alcohol

I thought it referred to that cult leader that made his followers drink poison in koolaid as a mass suicide 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GugsGreenDay said:

And I waiting with all my heart for next album with hope this going for MUCH better. xx 🥺

I have very little amount of hope for the next records

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Janick Thibault

Why are you saying the name of the Story Untold singer?

• Like 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Why are you saying the name of the Story Untold singer?

I thought of him when you said you were a "white hetero french canadian" :P 

no joke, he's the first one that popped into my head. great singer tbh. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

I thought of him when you said you were a "white hetero french canadian" :P 

no joke, he's the first one that popped into my head. great singer tbh. 

Yeah I know him he's from Laval near Montreal. 

• Like 1

My Vinyl finally arrived today from the Green Day store. A week and a half late but it’s not like they knew the album release date for the last 6 months 🙄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Yeah I know him he's from Laval near Montreal. 

What you know him?! That's pretty cool my dude 

On 2/18/2020 at 11:08 PM, That Dude said:

Tell me what songs you would have chosen to represent the inspiration for Father of All.   Tell me if you think my picks are absolutely off-base, ridiculous - whatever you like! 

In an interview one of the guys (I think it was Tre) also mentioned the Beatles album "Meet the Beatles" as an inspiration: 12 short, fast songs and only 27 minutes length in total. I see where he's coming from and I get the vibes (especially the excessive use of hand clapping 😛 )

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Still listening to this album one or two time a day. I guess it's a good sign :)

• Like 3

On 2/19/2020 at 3:34 PM, Alan86 said:

My Vinyl finally arrived today from the Green Day store. A week and a half late but it’s not like they knew the album release date for the last 6 months 🙄

Hey so still haven't gotten mine looked into their FAQs they don't guarantee anything outside the US being shipped on time. 

Meanwhile FOAMF goes #1 in all the countries that don't have their albums yet 😂

• Haha 1

I've started to make playlists mixing this album with other songs from the back catalogue. The songs seem to fit in wherever Ive put them so far. Still breathing followed by graffitia gives me chills

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Watched every review on youtube and wow. 

I guess I am spoiled with Fantano and ARTV because these other people haven't perfected their channel, yet are pulverizing Green Day and their dedication to music.

I am tempted to make a channel for reviewing reviews,and ALWAYS giving them a heavy -5 stars. 

So much wrong information too. One guy called RevRad Ordinary World.

One guy said this album was trying too hard to sound like Idiot while saying it was the exact opposite of American Idiot lyrically. 

It's funny which songs are hated by some and the only good songs for others.

Teenager got praise from some of the harsh critics.  Junkies and Sugar Youth were praised, but everything else is universally panned.  Yikes!

I still love the album.  These reviews don't hurt my feelings, they are entertainment.  So don't attack me for complaining, I'm really not.  

At least people are talking about this album, even if it's negative.  

Wouldn't it have been sadder if we heard it and thought "meh, it's okay". 

I haven't seen any meh reactions.  It's either

"I like this weird Green Day" 

OR

"this is dumpster trash bullshit made by old men that should stop making music and fade into oblivion because I HATE THIS GARBAGE!!!"

Congrats, FOAM.  You got the world talking.  Or at least pissed off 15 youtubers.  :)

Not a safe move. :)

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I guess I am spoiled with Fantano and ARTV because these other people haven't perfected their channel, yet are pulverizing Green Day and their dedication to music.

ARTV is the worst lol. I can't stand this guy. I will say it: " he's a bitch"

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

ARTV is the worst lol. I can't stand this guy. I will say it: " he's a bitch"

😂😂😂

I just hate the way he talks. I know a guy just like him and I'm just like "Why the fuck do you talk to everyone in a podcast voice? Just speak normally." 

2 weeks in and my love is still growing 😍
I started jogging again this week, and the record is absolutely perfect for my typical half an hour run, another great FOAM application :D 

• Like 4