"Meet Me On The Roof" Official Music Video

Liam

MMOTR gets a mention in this article about songs public radio can't stop playing!

https://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2020/02/29/809399474/heavy-rotation-8-songs-public-radio-cant-stop-playing?t=1583019233109

Heavy Rotation: 8 Songs Public Radio Can't Stop Playing

Green Day, "Meet Me On The Roof"

Beaming with '80s nostalgia and unironic power-pop cheer, "Meet Me On The Roof" is an anthemic ode to selling out. Well into middle-age, these Bay Area punks aren't apologizing for seeking pop chart impact nor obscuring Billie Joe Armstrong's songwriting savvy. With snappy drums, serrated guitar chords and a singalong chorus, this whimsical romp has the tunefulness of a Shins ditty. Merging stylistic bravado with ear candy is what we expect from Weezer, not Green Day. Think of this as the musical equivalent of an aging celebrity reappearing with surgical enhancements. Just enjoy the new look on an old face. —David Hyland, Wisconsin Public Radio

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

MMOTR gets a mention in this article about songs public radio can't stop playing!

https://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2020/02/29/809399474/heavy-rotation-8-songs-public-radio-cant-stop-playing?t=1583019233109

Heavy Rotation: 8 Songs Public Radio Can't Stop Playing

Green Day, "Meet Me On The Roof"

Beaming with '80s nostalgia and unironic power-pop cheer, "Meet Me On The Roof" is an anthemic ode to selling out. Well into middle-age, these Bay Area punks aren't apologizing for seeking pop chart impact nor obscuring Billie Joe Armstrong's songwriting savvy. With snappy drums, serrated guitar chords and a singalong chorus, this whimsical romp has the tunefulness of a Shins ditty. Merging stylistic bravado with ear candy is what we expect from Weezer, not Green Day. Think of this as the musical equivalent of an aging celebrity reappearing with surgical enhancements. Just enjoy the new look on an old face. —David Hyland, Wisconsin Public Radio

Kind of a weird compliment but I’ll take it I guess?

Sorta back-handed too... 

does he like it or... 🤔🤷‍♀️

Yeah, that's weird to say. =/

Anyway, I love the song, the video is fucking adorable, and so is the behind the scenes.

Archived