"Meet Me On The Roof" Official Music Video

Liam

I am so happy to finally see them making some quality music videos...the usual them singing as a band in the whole video is something we as fans like to see, but to most general public it's super boring and repetitive

I think Oh Yeah and Meet me on the roof are great examples of something really different for the guys and especially Oh Yeah, that is a really really creative and interesting video with a great message

I hope we see more of this in the future

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On top of everything I had the plot based music video I have been asking for since the beginning of this era. And it’s a sweet cool plot as well, thank you motherfuckers ❤️

3 minutes ago, Punkyyy said:

I am so happy to finally see them making some quality music videos...the usual them singing as a band in the whole video is something we as fans like to see, but to most general public it's super boring and repetitive

Agree. I mean, I don't hate video like RevRad but I love watching one with a story 

Many people are sharing this on my Facebook feed, also unexpected ones that barely remembered GD existed. Great marketing move. 

I wonder if Willie Jackson was a nod to Billie's moms family.  

Ollie Jackson 

Also  "Willie" = William aka William Joseph 

Like a alter ego sorta?

I would love to see Frank Storm interviewing Willie Jackson one day :P 

28 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Many people are sharing this on my Facebook feed, also unexpected ones that barely remembered GD existed. Great marketing move. 

That's really nice!

The new songs so far are super radio friendly, especially this one. But I can't remember hearing one of them on a Dutch radio station even once.
I don't even see a mention anywhere on the release of the album today.

Its a nice video, makes me laugh how much they've repeated who's in the video. In the title, at the start of the video, in the description etc etc.

DID YOU KNOW THAT GATEN MATARAZZO IS STARRING?!

This was cute! As I've said a million times before I don't really care about music videos, they're pretty much always a 'meh' experience for me. That's what this one was. Cute, but not something I loved or will watch again probably. I do love the absolutely shameless promotion for HD though, that's how it should be done lol. I hate it when people try to be sneaky about it, it's just embarrassing! 

5 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

Wow, I wish I went to a school which could book Green Day for a spontaneous gig. 

It could happen. Pinole Valley HS did it 😁

1 hour ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

I wonder if Willie Jackson was a nod to Billie's moms family.  

Ollie Jackson 

Also  "Willie" = William aka William Joseph 

Like a alter ego sorta?

That’s what I was thinking. Makes sense

1 hour ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I would love to see Frank Storm interviewing Willie Jackson one day :P 

I think plans are in the works. See Franks’s comment here:

I actually like that the video gives the song a more positive and happy twist because without the video, I read the song more as a request to commit collective suicide ("All you gotta do is jump", "How low is your high gonna go girl", "Meet me where the good times go"). It's actually one of the songs on this album that gives me cold shivers because of its dark message even though the melody sounds happy. So I really like that it can be read in very (!) different ways here.

Just watched the video! Damn I'm happy to be a GD fan!

Very cool video. They definitely surprised us with this one. Man the promo wheels for the new album went from 6 to midnight real fast 😂🦄

Can't say I like anything about this.. hmmm the flyer was written nicely?

12 hours ago, xLumian said:

Holy shit what an amazing video! Really funny actually. I just bought the leopard printed jacket that Billie is wearing a couple of days ago and it's coming in tomorrow :)

where did you buy it from? link???

Hm, not loving the video, who is this kid and why is he taking up screen time from Green Day?  

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

Hm, not loving the video, who is this kid and why is he taking up screen time from Green Day?  

Dustin from Stranger Things! 

Archived