USA Today: Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong talks new album (and more)

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

What Billie said was dumb! I think that's about it. But if people think women aren't held to a higher standard in media where the heck have you been...?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it’s cool Billie is supportive of Eilish but I see no reason to why he had to bring Ariana into it. I’m not even a big fan of Ariana but it feels very cringey and out of touch  for this older guy to spout his opinions on which pop stars are good. Granted, all of this seems to be blown out proportion.  

another instance where I wish Green Day was trending or in the news for something good rather than this nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Sheenius said:

some people talk out of their asses instead of their mouths

Now now dont talk about yourself like that Charlie. But seriously you are talking alot of nonsense right now while claiming others arent? Maybe instead of running around calling people SJWs maybe listen to hats being said by the actual women who are posting here rather than writing them off as talking put of their asses. Cop on

19 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Now now dont talk about yourself like that Charlie. But seriously you are talking alot of nonsense right now while claiming others arent? Maybe instead of running around calling people SJWs maybe listen to hats being said by the actual women who are posting here rather than writing them off as talking put of their asses. Cop on

Werent you told to stop creating problems on here with me? 

7 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Werent you told to stop creating problems on here with me? 

Im simply replying to a topic and your response to it. Which Im entitled to do. 

Just now, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Im simply replying to a topic and your response to it. Which Im entitled to do. 

No you’re trying to stir it up a day later

Just now, Sheenius said:

No you’re trying to stir it up a day later

Um no. I only read the topic today as seen by my other responses to it......from today. 

1 minute ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Um no. I only read the topic today as seen by my other responses to it......from today. 

You chose to quote mine specifically. You realize mods are gonna see that you did that right?

Just now, Sheenius said:

You chose to quote mine specifically. You realize mods are gonna see that you did that right?

I quoted you specifically because you were being completely obtuse about what was being discussed. Simple as that. And yes I realise they can see this and you are not the only person I have responded to on the topic. 

1 minute ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

I quoted you specifically because you were being completely obtuse about what was being discussed. Simple as that. And yes I realise they can see this and you are not the only person I have responded to on the topic. 

No you’re trying to get me going so I get banned. This shows everyone on the forum who’s following who around. You can’t get enough of me.

Just now, Sheenius said:

No you’re trying to get me going so I get banned. This shows everyone on the forum who’s following who around. You can’t get enough of me.

Uh no. Its blatantly obvious I only saw this topic now from my other comments on it. 

Just now, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Uh no. Its blatantly obvious I only saw this topic now from my other comments on it. 

Are you trying to convince me or yourself? Anyways this is getting off topic now so if you wanna talk to me about it you can PM but I wont answer you

I interpreted Billie's comment as trying to get across that he thinks Billie's music is unique and different from  main stream acts. I think it just came out wrong though.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:43 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

I still don't get why he's so into Billie Eilish, though. I understand that he appreciates her drive and self motivation to make something she believes in and something that's not like anything else, but to me personally, it's just bad. As a lover of rock and roll, it's hard to see what he finds appealing about her music aesthetically. I can't even get through one song. I have nothing agains Billie Eilish as a person, her music is just not my taste at all.

It's because they know each other now and because he tends to become a massive fanboy of any artist he likes lol

Also Billie has dragged countless artists before. This extremely mild bit of shade is non-news

8 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

thank you

You guys should block each other

1 minute ago, Alan86 said:

Billie should be locked up. 

Oh come on 😄

Archived