USA Today: Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong talks new album (and more)

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Once again has nothing to do with gender lol Someone was at work today and needed to write a SJW article. That person took it that way but that's not what he was doing. 

Honestly, 2020 is exhausting cause anyone can be offended by anything because their feelings are hurt. We should let em cry it out to the open air. Then maybe, just maybe, they'll build a callus. 

That’s exactly what he did he insulted one artist to big up another he didn’t have to do that shit 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

That’s exactly what he did he insulted one artist to big up another but then you model yourself after a child fucking women raping Women beating AIDS spreadi asshole so I can understand why you wouldn’t get it 

He compared two artists how does gender have anything to do with it? Was he sexist against men when he slammed Bon Jovi and Psy? This guy called Psy herpes of music lmaoooo

Technically, the tests came back and none of the women had AIDS. 

Just now, Sheenius said:

He compared two artists how does gender have anything to do with it? Was he sexist against men when he slammed Bon Jovi and Psy? This guy called Psy herpes of music lmaoooo

Technically, the tests came back and none of the women had AIDS. 

Was he comparing Psy and Bon Jovi against another male band? 

Doing a whole article is a little overkill but Billie was wrong to tear down one artist be it male or female to big up another artist be it male or female that shit not cool at all imo 

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Was he comparing Psy and Bon Jovi against another male band? 

Doing a whole article is a little overkill but Billie was wrong to tear down one artist be it male or female to big up another artist be it male or female that shit not cool at all imo 

Even if he did no one would say shit. I can guarantee you 90% of the people here don't even know misandry is a thing. 

I can see your point where he shouldn't be speaking negatively of other artists but let's not make it more than what it is. It's just a negative comment about someone's artistic output. 

If you think 360 about it how could Billie be misogynist when he toured with someone that's trans. Doesn't make sense. 

16 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

He could’ve easily picked a male artist or better yet and the smart move is he could’ve just said he liked Billie Ellish and left it at that 

I think the reason he mentioned Ariana specifically, is because her fans were complaining that she was snubbed, because Billie Eilish got the grammy(s) she was also nominated for.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:06 PM, gaslight13 said:

I feel like he makes up for that by praising Billie Eilish haha. That way he's not just going "kids these days and their shitty music"

It honestly feels like rock is actively being pushed out of the mainstream these days rather than naturally falling out. I feel like people are so open to any genre and mixing pieces of everything and it's just the industry infrastructure that's like, "nope, rock has no place here". 

Which is crazy, que back to 2004 where Rock dominated the industry and AI was dominating the airwaves. 

Sorry, it was shitty of him to put down Ariana Grande while praising Billie Eilish. It’s not getting offended without reason to feel that way – it was just totally unnecessary of him to compare them. Ariana is a very talented young woman with a fantastic voice, so I’m not sure what he’s going on about anyway.

3 hours ago, stories and songs said:

Sorry, it was shitty of him to put down Ariana Grande while praising Billie Eilish. It’s not getting offended without reason to feel that way – it was just totally unnecessary of him to compare them. Ariana is a very talented young woman with a fantastic voice, so I’m not sure what he’s going on about anyway.

It's what they're being offended about. They're labeling him as a misogynist it has nothing to do with gender.

He has an opinion so what? Who gives a fuck???

It's a non issue. 

16 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Even if he did no one would say shit. I can guarantee you 90% of the people here don't even know misandry is a thing. 

I can see your point where he shouldn't be speaking negatively of other artists but let's not make it more than what it is. It's just a negative comment about someone's artistic output. 

If you think 360 about it how could Billie be misogynist when he toured with someone that's trans. Doesn't make sense. 

See that last part doesn’t really mean anything David Duke has a half black grandson he still had part in killing blacks and did vile shit to blacks when he was a grand dragon of the KKK 

Phil from Duck Dynasty has a black grandson as well but he still thinks that America should be an all white country

Ike Turner “loved and respected women” and even helped fight for better care of women in the music business but still beat the living fuck out of them

Not saying that Billie is a misogynist...

like I said making an entire article That Buzzfeed did is overkill but again imo  Billie shouldn’t have compared the two artists he can easily say he likes an artist without saying he doesn’t like another 

The biggest takeaway from the last two days....you're not allowed to dislike any artists or genres except rock and Green Day 😂🙄.

@Sheenius He was totally building Billie up by putting Ariana down though. Because I’m a fan I know he’s supportive of women and didn’t do it maliciously or anything, but women in music (and in general) are often pitted against one another and people are working to put a stop to that kind of stuff we’ve just kinda internalized and accepted for a long time.

So while I agree an entire long article was unnecessary, I understand their point and don’t think there’s any harm in pointing out that it’s not cool to compare people like that.

@Sheenius He was totally building Billie up by putting Ariana down though

Wrong he was stating facts. 

and not sure where the whole woman comparison thing came from but that's a load of crap sorry

15 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Yes, it was unnecessary to mention her. Like he said there is no situation to compare cause different styles anyway but I think he sees her above everyone else so it was not surprising for me

It came from women who have encountered it and sometimes engaged in it and are now trying to stop it. Verified lady here and it’s legit, sorry! :)

It came from women who have encountered it and sometimes engaged in it and are now trying to stop it. Verified lady here and it’s legit, sorry! :)

yet men are compared against each other every day in sports

it's not an exclusive thing

also saying that you feel you've encountered it doesn't make it objective truth. 

KKK guys  think what they do is legitimate as well doesn't make it objectively correct.

@Sheenius You stated it was an objective truth that Billie was just stating facts about Ariana Grande and that’s not an objective truth. You said that women pitted against each other is a load of crap as though it’s an objective truth. I was responding to you the way you responded to me. That was a mistake and I apologize. I can obviously only speak to my experience and the experience of women around me, and I also realize men are pitted against each other (though I’d argue not to the same degree, but that is beside the point here). To get back to the topic, it didn’t sit well with me how Billie phrased it because I don’t like seeing anyone put down while raising someone up, and I believe Billie Eilish and Ariana Grande are friendly and probably wouldn’t like it either. That said, as I previously stated, I don’t think Billie meant any harm by it.

22 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

@Sheenius He was totally building Billie up by putting Ariana down though. Because I’m a fan I know he’s supportive of women and didn’t do it maliciously or anything, but women in music (and in general) are often pitted against one another and people are working to put a stop to that kind of stuff we’ve just kinda internalized and accepted for a long time.

So while I agree an entire long article was unnecessary, I understand their point and don’t think there’s any harm in pointing out that it’s not cool to compare people like that.

I totally get not wanting women to be pitted against each other. As a woman, I don't wanna see that either and I know there's too much of it already. But we're hitting extremes if we can't say we like what one female artist is creating and not what another is creating. 5 out of the 8 nominees for album of the year were women which is awesome but it means they're going to be talked about in a way that involves comparing two women. If he went after like what they wear or something that he'd never bring up with a male artist, that'd be a different story. Or named someone who wasn't even up for the same award and was like one of only a few women nominated. And yeah he didn't need to mention Arianna but like, honestly, sometimes I think we hold celebs and public figures to a standard no one can live at all the time. I make a point to check myself if I'm going after another woman for something that's unfair. But it's okay to just think one artist is creating better work than another and sometimes people just mention a negative thought (as can be witnessed all over GD's social media comments right now).

I can obviously only speak to my experience and the experience of women around me

(though I’d argue not to the same degree)

So first comment proves you are based on anecdotal evidence that's not enough for me to believe it. You could think blue is red. 

Second comment shows exactly the issue with people in 2020. It's only worse when it happens to women? Is racism against blacks worse than racism against brown people? It's the fact you're tiering severity of actions based on the situation. 

If it happens to men it's ok cause it doesn't affect YOU. 

@gaslight13 Yup, totally agree with you. I find the comparison weird because their music and their voices are so different, but I suppose in the context of the Grammys he was just considering two nominees in an off-handed comment. Like I said, I think we have plenty of evidence that shows he supports female artists and I don’t think he meant it in a sexist way at all. But given how women in music are often talked about in not so great ways, I get how someone on the outside could read it that way.

But given how women in music are often talked about in not so great ways, I get how someone on the outside could read it that way.

articles? 

any hard evidence? 

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

So first comment proves you are based on anecdotal evidence that's not enough for me to believe it. You could think blue is red. 

Second comment shows exactly the issue with people in 2020. It's only worse when it happens to women? Is racism against blacks worse than racism against brown people? It's the fact you're tiering severity of actions based on the situation. 

If it happens to men it's ok cause it doesn't affect YOU. 

I didn’t say worse, I said not to the same degree. As in: Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton were pitted against each other for like a year in the media. That Meghan was a diva and Kate was an upright bitch, etc. Turns out there was actually a lot of family drama between the two brothers and all the “catfight” stuff was the wrong place to look for drama. It’s just different. In the media, women are spoken about differently and are put into these weird feuds because of mean girl high school culture and all that nonsense.

It’s not okay at all that it happens to men and I never, ever said that and have never, ever thought that. Have a good evening.

I didn’t say worse, I said not to the same degree. As in: Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton were pitted against each other for like a year in the media. That Meghan was a diva and Kate was an upright bitch, etc. Turns out there was actually a lot of family drama between the two brothers and all the “catfight” stuff was the wrong place to look for drama. It’s just different. In the media, women are spoken about differently and are put into these weird feuds because of mean girl high school culture and all that nonsense.

It’s not okay at all that it happens to men and I never, ever said that and have never, ever thought that. Have a good evening.

I've met Meghan Markle before actually she was one of my customers lol 

I can assure you it didn't phase her one bit. She's a lot more down to earth than you'd think. 

I didn't get a diva vibe from her at all. She was extremely nice and polite. Never asked for anything extra even though I would have literally done anything cause I provide top notch service. 

Archived