Problems With ‘Father of All’ LP Records

Todd

I just received my Father of All LPs in the mail and I’m noticing on the clear splatter LP that it skips a whole bunch on Stab You in the Heart, Sugar Youth, Take the Money and Crawl, and Graffitia. Literally half of Stab You in the Heart is skipped over. Throughout side B, the sound is muffled/distorted. I have my weight kinda heavy, so it shouldn’t be skipping, but it looks like the record might be slightly warped upwards when playing Side B. I did not notice any problems on Side A, those songs play crisp and clean. My needle is brand new, so I don’t know how to explain the bad sound. I suppose that must be a side effect of the warp? I can post a clip tomorrow after the album’s released if that could help diagnose the problem. 

My biggest concern is that this is going to be a repeat of the RevRad LP fiasco, where everyone’s records were skipping. These were shipped with sturdy packaging, which I initially took as a good sign. Has anyone else had troubles with their records? 

On a side note, Warner sent me the wrong LP for my other copy, so I can’t check that one, I have to exchange it. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Todd said:

I just received my Father of All LPs in the mail and I’m noticing on the clear splatter LP that it skips a whole bunch on Stab You in the Heart, Sugar Youth, Take the Money and Crawl, and Graffitia. Literally half of Stab You in the Heart is skipped over. Throughout side B, the sound is muffled/distorted. I have my weight kinda heavy, so it shouldn’t be skipping, but it looks like the record might be slightly warped upwards when playing Side B. I did not notice any problems on Side A, those songs play crisp and clean. My needle is brand new, so I don’t know how to explain the bad sound. I suppose that must be a side effect of the warp? I can post a clip tomorrow after the album’s released if that could help diagnose the problem. 

My biggest concern is that this is going to be a repeat of the RevRad LP fiasco, where everyone’s records were skipping. These were shipped with sturdy packaging, which I initially took as a good sign. Has anyone else had troubles with their records? 

On a side note, Warner sent me the wrong LP for my other copy, so I can’t check that one, I have to exchange it. 

I had issues with the Rev Rad one and they sent me a new one. Just let their support know and hopefully a better copy will be in the mail and on it’s way

Oh for fuck sake not again. What the hell is the problem with Warner? 

1 minute ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Oh for fuck sake not again. What the hell is the problem with Warner? 

going cheap on pressings but charging a fortune for the product

8 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I had issues with the Rev Rad one and they sent me a new one. Just let their support know and hopefully a better copy will be in the mail and on it’s way

I have an open claim for the incorrect record that they sent me... I will have to let them know in 5-6 days when they reply to my email :dry:

Just now, Sheenius said:

going cheap on pressings but charging a fortune for the product

I am sorry for Todd, but I really hope it is an isolated case. After all the mess that happened with RevRad they must be a bunch of assholes if they didn’t understood the lesson. I got lucky with RevRad, but I also never had such issues with any other release. What the hell. 

This is part of why I don't bother with Green Day's webstore. I heard about the RevRad stories and was happy I got mine off of Amazon. Now of course, I have two orders from the webstore. I also bought the limited vinyl so I hope it's the right one and that it works.

And though I messaged them 2 days ago about my other order, I haven't even gotten one of those lame emails saying they got my request. 

Did you get one @Todd?

I got the uncensored cover version and mine plays fine, I'm on my 2nd listen already

7 minutes ago, Todd said:

I have an open claim for the incorrect record that they sent me... I will have to let them know in 5-6 days when they reply to my email :dry:

just update in the existing claim and have them process it all at once for you 

unless you think theyre gonna fuck it up 

47 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

This is part of why I don't bother with Green Day's webstore. I heard about the RevRad stories and was happy I got mine off of Amazon. Now of course, I have two orders from the webstore. I also bought the limited vinyl so I hope it's the right one and that it works.

And though I messaged them 2 days ago about my other order, I haven't even gotten one of those lame emails saying they got my request. 

Did you get one @Todd?

Nope, no email yet. I really don't expect one until next week.

Now you've got me worried about the LP I have coming in the mail tomorrow! I got lucky with RevRad as my transparent red copy plays perfectly fine, but hopefully I get lucky with FOAMF.

Oh no... not again. I had issues with every single regular Rev Rad press. Only the picture disc played for me. If this is the case again that's going to fucking suck.

I got a rainbow record coming in the mail tomorrow, I'll check and see if mine skips when I get my hands on it (hopefully not).

Not to brag, but I'm happy to report my copy with the uncensored cover art plays perfectly fine -- no discernible skips as far as I could tell!

Also my indie store vinyl sounds perfectly, and it’s actually a really good pressing. I hope also the uncensored copy from the store will have no issues because that colored print is amazing. 

Waiting on my bundle I’m from the US...I emailed and was told my order is processing...anyone else not get their bundle!!!

3 hours ago, theangel said:

My rainbow record plays perfectly. What record player do you have @Todd?

An AT-LP120. But like I said, side A is perfect and side B is fucked up, so I don’t know how that could possibly be a problem with my record player. I wonder if I just got a factory defect record...

Haven’t clicked on the store link in a while, but it lists the two limited LPs as in stock? (No uncensored version though, darn). 
Welp. Time to order one of them. 

I received the neon pink indie exclusive and it played flawlessly! Now I don’t have to worry about the other presses at least.

2 hours ago, Todd said:

An AT-LP120. But like I said, side A is perfect and side B is fucked up, so I don’t know how that could possibly be a problem with my record player. I wonder if I just got a factory defect record...

Ran mine on a AT-LP120 as well, no issues

• 3 weeks later...

After a loooooong detour I finally got my vinyl from the GD store today and when I listened to it for the first time my heart sank because it skipped during Stab You in the Heart and Junkies on a High😑 But then I listened a second and third time and it didn't skip, so I'm not sure. Did anyone who had problems with skipping contact the store and ask for a replacement? I'm not sure, I think I will listen to it a couple of times and decide then what to do. I got the pink-black vinyl which looks pretty amazing by the way.

13 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

After a loooooong detour I finally got my vinyl from the GD store today and when I listened to it for the first time my heart sank because it skipped during Stab You in the Heart and Junkies on a High😑 But then I listened a second and third time and it didn't skip, so I'm not sure. Did anyone who had problems with skipping contact the store and ask for a replacement? I'm not sure, I think I will listen to it a couple of times and decide then what to do. I got the pink-black vinyl which looks pretty amazing by the way.

If it skipped only the first time it was probably some pressing residual/dust that the needle moved while spinning. That can happen and is kinda normal.

40 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

If it skipped only the first time it was probably some pressing residual/dust that the needle moved while spinning. That can happen and is kinda normal.

Yeah I know, that's probably what it was. But since some people on here had issues with the vinyl and it skipped the first time, I kind of panicked already😄 But I haven't contacted the shop yet, I'll just wait and try and see what happens :)

Archived