Green Day interview on Virgin Radio - Italy

Squashie

Will be airing at 10pm Italian time. So in roughly 6 hours. 

Translated (from google)

Tonight from 22:00 @andrearock presents in EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW the special #BestRock dedicated to "Father Of All ...", the new album by @greenday! 🤘 A unique opportunity to listen to our #RockAmbassador's new album unreleased album @billiejoearmstrong!
#StayRock @warnermusicitaly #GREENDAY #fatherofall #fatherofallmotherfuckers #StayRock #billiejoearmstrong #VirginRadio

Live listen link:

https://www.virginradio.it/sezioni/1184/virgin-radio-on-air

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jengd said:

I'm relying on or pals on Italian Rage and Love on FB to record and share (pretty please)

i'm sure it's gonna show also on virginradio.it On their website they have a section dedicated to the interviews they did, so surely the one with or green days will also be published there :) 

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Satellite radio decided to take a poop :( I suppose this will be in Italian anyway though

Yeah, knowing Italian radios a little bit I think they will translate also the band answers.

Just now, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Yeah, knowing Italian radios a little bit I think they will translate also the band answers.

Yeah, that's pretty much the only way to do it on radio. If I make it work I guess it'll be fun to listen for the album and excited sounding Italian radio hosts :P

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, that's pretty much the only way to do it on radio. If I make it work I guess it'll be fun to listen for the album and excited sounding Italian radio hosts :P

You can listen to it here from everywhere in the world: https://www.virginradio.it/sezioni/1184/virgin-radio-on-air

Listening now and they did NOT translated over the guys talking!!! (thank god)

I'm sure this is my own fault because I don't understand Italian, but i do believe they are playing the entire album. I just heard Meet Me on the Roof. 

(that was fun! I was dancing in my chair)

Oh stupid me, I managed to stumble on this and heard meet me on the roof and I already don’t know what I heard and then it totally cut out so after waiting all this time managed to completely balls it up.  SOUNDS AWESOME

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

ugh, I missed out on the interview

The interview was pieced in between the songs. it wasn't much - maybe 4 or 5 answers

Aired:
Father of All...
Fire, Ready, Aim
Oh Yeah!
Basket Case
Meet Me on the Roof
I Was a Teenage Teenager
Stab You in the Heart
Sugar Youth
(Dookie song, but forgot which one)
Junkies on High
Take the Money & Crawl
(old song - forgot as well)
Graffitia

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

The interview was pieced in between the songs. it wasn't much - maybe 4 or 5 answers

Aired:
Father of All...
Fire, Ready, Aim
Oh Yeah!
Basket Case
Meet Me on the Roof
I Was a Teenage Teenager
Stab You in the Heart
Sugar Youth
(Dookie song, but forgot which one)
Junkies on High
Take the Money & Crawl
(old song - forgot as well)
Graffitia

The other old songs are Welcome to paradise and Wake me up when September ends

I got a snipped of When I Come Around and it came back on Graffitia -  oh wow, can't wait to hear it all properly!  

On 2/6/2020 at 4:48 PM, jengd said:

I'm relying on or pals on Italian Rage and Love on FB to record and share (pretty please)

Sorry quoting myself but I assumed these guys would, they are usually right on everything, maybe still to get to it.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:48 PM, jengd said:

You can also check the page Green Day Rock N Roll Italy 😊

Oy those questions were rough. I didn’t understand half of them and the guys looked baffled. Best part:

Q: So did Kevin and Prima Donna influence the sound of this album in any way?

Billie: No. He had nothing to do with it.

😂

Haven’t been able to find Billie’s radio thing from Thursday night anywhere, my lack of Italian is not helping!

14 minutes ago, Beyza said:

I can tell from the thumbnail that Billie's got some great screencap worthy faces in this one

Archived