Green Day to perform on the James Corden show on 2/10

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think they were doing it in most of the AI era performances. It was the tremolo part that was a backing track, later they omitted it from the live version. (Or am I wrong?)

Oh right gotcha, so the intro part with the echoing guitars? Yeah that counts as a backing track I guess, I noticed that they started using it again recently when playing it on this FOAM era. I think I prefer it with the acoustic guitar at the beginning, BUT I haven't heard it live in it's original style yet whereas I have heard the acoustic version 9 times, so I wouldn't mind them keeping it in for this tour.

40 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

They used to use backing tracks for BOBD... that said, I don't understand why they just don't do the backing vocals live. The way they're faking it now looks kind of dumb.

I know but that was just the intro. Now the backing tracks consist of vocals, claps and cymbals throughout the whole songs. 

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

:unsure: time to do some research on it

the version you're referring to was during American Idiot tour dates

- one of the reasons why could be due to arena reverb. 21cb leg1 was indoor dates

1 minute ago, Flashback said:

I know but that was just the intro. Now the backing tracks consist of vocals, claps and cymbals throughout the whole songs. 

Yeah, tbh it kind of bothers me they're using backing tracks for stuff they could easily do live

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

I don‘t get familiar with Green Day using backing tracks throughout the whole songs...

Yes you do. 

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Exactly. It never even phased me the way they did the BOBD intro thing in the past because it wasn't what made the song. Here you have a song that I have seen considered as a vocal performance, and half of said vocals are pre-recorded, that leaves us with whatever is left of the song actually being played live just being painfully boring in my opinion.

They need to do something else with this song asap, or lose it off the set list completely. There is no way I can dance to this shit when I am at my shows in November.

1 hour ago, Nightlife said:

268238331a5d0aea600b102829c9c997.jpg

No joke this is my face whenever I am seeing "Oh Jesus Fuck No" being played live in it's current form 🤣

On 2/11/2020 at 6:28 PM, Nightlife said:

First of all, big fucking kudos to their stylist this era.
 It really bothers me that Billie sings 'nobodys gonna get hurt' for some reason though. 

Hard agree - I fucking love the red leopard print shirt, best of both previous worlds :wub: 

And also same, oh my god. The choppy, laid back rhythm of album/single version is a fun touch, why lose it :(

Archived