Billie Joe Armstrong - My Life in 15 Songs - Rolling Stone - 29.01.20

Rumpelstiltskin2000

1 hour ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Man she was one tough mama if she was threatening to charge her 17 year-old rent.

Tuff love - we have a rule earn or learn😁

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Man she was one tough mama if she was threatening to charge her 17 year-old rent.

I think he was 18 and had just dropped out of high school and to be fair she needed the money if he was gonna stay there. Most parents would at least expect their kids to get a job at that point and start to contribute. 

12 hours ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Possibly due to worry about him ever getting a job and making something of himself.  I know, I know, but I bet he kept her up nights worrying.

17 hours ago, jengd said:

Possibly due to worry about him ever getting a job and making something of himself.  I know, I know, but I bet he kept her up nights worrying.

Otherwise boys just lie around on the couch .....yknow😏

Just finished reading it and wow! That was a lot. Billie just really has a way of baring his soul that not many others have.

3 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Otherwise boys just lie around on the couch .....yknow😏

That was not a dig, just in case you are serious and think it was but if you have a child who is driven to do something which is so difficult to have success in, it's very worrying for a parent, no parent wants to see their kid struggling so sometimes you need to deploy tough love!

9 hours ago, jengd said:

That was not a dig, just in case you are serious and think it was but if you have a child who is driven to do something which is so difficult to have success in, it's very worrying for a parent, no parent wants to see their kid struggling so sometimes you need to deploy tough love!

I'm not sure if I'd want my kid to move into a meth-infested squat though. I'd be terrified of that stuff.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:07 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I think he was 18 and had just dropped out of high school and to be fair she needed the money if he was gonna stay there. Most parents would at least expect their kids to get a job at that point and start to contribute. 

Bit behind here due to the great lynch mobbing of Sheenius but are we talking about Billie Joe's mom? 

She was a single mother so I think this came from necessity. You can't have someone consuming and not contributing in that situation. 

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm not sure if I'd want my kid to move into a meth-infested squat though. I'd be terrified of that stuff.

Stop mething around! 

1822_v9_bb.jpg

11 hours ago, jengd said:

Um did you see my tuff love post above😘

2 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Um did you see my tuff love post above😘

Nope didn’t, wasn’t sure from your post I quoted if you thought I was taking a poke at boys but missed your earlier one but for some reason mine is showing way later than I posted I think.

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

Nope didn’t, wasn’t sure from your post I quoted if you thought I was taking a poke at boys but missed your earlier one but for some reason mine is showing way later than I posted I think.

giphy.gif

Archived