Green Day on the new Kerrang! Magazine

legendary

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great review of the album! So excited to get my hands on it! Loved the Q&A with Tre 

51 minutes ago, Jean said:

2016: Give me death or give me head

2020: You can take a walk or you can suck my cock

This post with your avatar is excellent!

"You can take a walk or you can suck my cock"

It would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall to see Joey and Jakobs reaction to this when they hear these lyrics 😂

10 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

"You can take a walk or you can suck my cock"

It would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall to see Joey and Jakobs reaction to this when they hear these lyrics 😂

I'm sure they know their father is...odd.

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This isn't even weird? I would feel weird about other stuff, but slightly decadent poetry isn't one of them :P

I have a feeling this family doesn't hold back on information with each other... 

Take the instagram live with jakob and puppet billie (who is named Otis??) from 2018. No hold backs on that one.

Just now, DadBod said:

I have a feeling this family doesn't hold back on information with each other... 

I guess that can be either healthy or extremely traumatising :lol:

7 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Take the instagram live with jakob and puppet billie (who is named Otis??) from 2018. No hold backs on that one.

Oh the streams with his boys were hilarious lol Jakob seemed really uncomfortable, when he mentioned making of him with his mother but I think their relationship is probably pretty good even with all this weirdness lol 

11 minutes ago, Beyza said:

Oh the streams with his boys were hilarious lol Jakob seemed really uncomfortable, when he mentioned making of him with his mother but I think their relationship is probably pretty good even with all this weirdness lol 

The streams make it look like the boys are dying inside from embarrassment, but the reality is they're adults who could afford to move out and instead they choose to stay with their weird father. 

30 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The streams make it look like the boys are dying inside from embarrassment, but the reality is they're adults who could afford to move out and instead they choose to stay with their weird father. 

They love it really, they’re just trying to look cool.

7 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I really hate the title of this article :lol:

but-first-g-ator-net-whos-your-daddy-mem Same - I looked twice - am excited for the album now.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What does it even mean? Or do they really mean that?

Let’s hope not, but it is kerrang... 

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Let’s hope not, but it is kerrang... 

I don't know what else could it be, but then again, British music mags have their lingo haha 

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What does it even mean? Or do they really mean that?

It's a bit kink😋

10 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They wouldn’t have been nearly as successful for one thing. Art comes from pain.

Sez who?

Obviously some great artists have been miserable, even suicidal. But who's to say that their art couldn't have been even better if they were happy?

Art is just a form of work. Do most of you do better work when your life is going well or when it sucks?

1 hour ago, Larry Livermore said:

Sez who?

Obviously some great artists have been miserable, even suicidal. But who's to say that their art couldn't have been even better if they were happy?

Art is just a form of work. Do most of you do better work when your life is going well or when it sucks?

Better for me.

1 hour ago, Larry Livermore said:

Sez who?

Sure there’s work involved but not all of us can create great art just by putting the work in. It takes some strange brew of work and creative input infused with strong emotion, it’s how the best artists touch people with their work.  You can be happy and still make art but the ones we would consider the most successful in leaving an indelible mark were some of the most tragic as well. 

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sure there’s work involved but not all of us can create great art just by putting the work in. It takes some strange brew of work and creative input infused with strong emotion, it’s how the best artists touch people with their work.  You can be happy and still make art but the ones we would consider the most successful in leaving an indelible mark were some of the most tragic as well. 

Some people are drawn to tragedy, and some people love to see their favorite artists suffer (same way that some extreme Christians practically go into orgasms at the thought of Jesus being tortured and crucified).

But plenty of great artists also have normal, boring, or happy lives, and for them cranking out classic songs, plays, sculptures  paintings, etc., is just another day at the office. Some people hate their jobs, some people put up with them, and some people love them, and in that sense, artists aren't that different from the rest of us.

I don't believe it's necessary to suffer to create art but I do think that you need to be somehow emotionally woke to do it. I mean, currently my job is filling out excel tables - the way I feel doing that has nothing to with a mindset I'd need to be in to write a poem.

Archived