Green Day to play “The Ellen Degeneres Show” on February 7th

Yosuke Hanamura

Looks like they’re gonna play “Oh Yeah!”. Hopefully they play a second song like they did the last time.

19b79d5a1fd03865d615e4f358bf53ac.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Looks like they’re gonna play “Oh Yeah!”. Hopefully they play a second song like they did the last time.

Oh yeah Is a hit ? 

Still trying to get my head around Martha Stewart, Snoop Dog and Green Day. WTF, it'll either be awesome or a car crash, or so choreographed it's nothing 😂

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

Still trying to get my head around Martha Stewart, Snoop Dog and Green Day. WTF, it'll either be awesome or a car crash, or so choreographed it's nothing 😂

16 minutes ago, jengd said:

Oh no - its gonna be grand. Love Snoop.

Also this isn't airing in OZ today.

27 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

Ah, It’s another one of those “opposites are funny together” shows.

On 2/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Ok guys it's offical, Snoop is smashing Martha Stewart 

Rolling Stone article here:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/green-day-martha-stewart-oh-yeah-ellen-949274/

Watch Green Day Cook With Martha Stewart, Perform ‘Oh Yeah!’ on ‘Ellen’

Snoop Dogg also joined the rock band in the kitchen

Green Day appeared on The Ellen Show to perform their song “Oh Yeah!” and took the opportunity to learn a few cooking tricks from guest host Martha Stewart (as well as her fellow host Snoop Dogg).

During the segment, Stewart teaches band members Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool how to prep for an Oscar viewing party by making pizza, pull-apart pigs in a blanket and a cocktail. “We have to start with a drink,” Stewart notes. “Because everybody has to start with a drink.” She and Snoop toast Green Day on their new album and then compliment the band on their album art, which Armstrong designed himself.

Green Day will release their new album Father of All . . . on February 7th. “I knew I wanted to do something different,” Armstrong told Rolling Stone. “I’d always loved British mod music from the Sixties, but I wanted to go to where the source was and see if I could put [soul] through the Green Day filter. It was a lot of trial and error, a lot of pulling my fucking hair out.”

This summer the band will head out on the Hella Mega Tour, a summer 2020 stadium run with Weezer and Fall Out Boy. “Playing a stadium is pretty sick in itself,” Armstrong said. “But we really wanted to have the biggest rock tour of the year.”

Videos are within the article.

I’m also wondering how I can see this as we don’t have access to regular network channels. I’m ok with seeing a video of it after but how long will that take?

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

how can I watch the show if im not from the US?

It should be on YouTube after

I can’t wait for this cooking segment 😂 It sounds like a menu Billie created himself!

12 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

compliment the band on their album art, which Armstrong designed himself.

The album 'art' may not bother me as much anymore, but still.. just.. no 

source.gif

29 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

She and Snoop toast Green Day on their new album and then compliment the band on their album art, which Armstrong designed himself.

Can’t believe this is the first and only crumb of acknowledgment of this album art. Billie designing it himself is the only valid explanation for it. 

I’ve just watched the performance. Billie sounded off to me. He managed to not get the very first note. Maybe I’m exaggerating 

1 minute ago, Aidana Shyngysbayeva said:

I’ve just watched the performance. Billie sounded off to me. He managed to not get the very first note. Maybe I’m exaggerating 

It’s not on here until 4pm. I didn’t know it aired so early in some places

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s not on here until 4pm. I didn’t know it aired so early in some places

I’m in one chat, I don’t know where they get it from, but they always have all the exclusive stuff in advance. My ears bleed from this live. It was very weak maybe because the quality of the video was bad. It seemed like the oh yeah part was a playback too

Snoop Dogg hosting Ellen is so random but so funny!

The performance wasn't that great, though.

Kind of an awkward cooking segment... Green day seemed out of place lol. Props to them for cranking up the promotional appearances for this new album!

Archived