Green Day to play “The Ellen Degeneres Show” on February 7th

Yosuke Hanamura

I don't care much for Ellen, but I'll certainly watch Green Day play anywhere. What I would love most is for them to play The Late Show again. It was so awesome when they did it during RevRad and Stephen loves them. Fun fact: my first time seeing Green Day was when they played on his show back when it was still The Colbert Report during 21CB in 2009 and then I fell in love. :wub: So Stephen Colbert and Green Day are two things that are very tightly intertwined for me because of that. I may not have discovered how much I love them if it wasn't for him.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really like to catch it live but unfortunately couldn't access to New York channels from where I live 😕

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I don't care much for Ellen, but I'll certainly watch Green Day play anywhere. What I would love most is for them to play The Late Show again. It was so awesome when they did it during RevRad and Stephen loves them. Fun fact: my first time seeing Green Day was when they played on his show back when it was still The Colbert Report during 21CB in 2009 and then I fell in love. :wub: So Stephen Colbert and Green Day are two things that are very tightly intertwined for me because of that. I may not have discovered how much I love them if it wasn't for him.

And this was gold

8 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Hubby says it's the worst song BJ has ever written - he has never heard Youngblood😋

I actually really like SB. Billie just cannot sing it live. When I saw them at my Rev Rad show it was brutal.

2 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I actually really like SB. Billie just cannot sing it live. When I saw them at my Rev Rad show it was brutal.

I impressed that you still care that long into the show. I wasn't aware how he was singing it at my shows.Could have been horrible and I felt like was music from heaven. 

48 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I impressed that you still care that long into the show. I wasn't aware how he was singing it at my shows.Could have been horrible and I felt like was music from heaven. 

I’ve got this weird sensitivity to off-key singing. Nails on a chalkboard for me. 

I want him to completely ditch the “Ah Ah Yeahs” in FOA because he rarely hits those either. Someone said something about him writing songs in the last few years that are challenging for his vocal range and I think that’s it. Luckily I think Oh Yeah isn’t one of those songs and should be ok live. 

2 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

I’ve got this weird sensitivity to off-key singing. Nails on a chalkboard for me. 

That's a good ear, I'm jealous!

So I watched their last Ellen performance again and yeah it was off key. The whole thing wasn't terrible, he sounded pretty colid on the hook, but some of the verses didn't sound great. Weird thing is I don't even remember this performance but I'm sure I watched it when it premiered.

No doubt that the Ellen SB was painful, but there were plenty of good ones as well.  I loved it in Chicago.  I doubt that they'll keep it in, but hope that they do.  And this is coming from someone who didn't like it much at the beginning.  I just really liked it live.  Felt like a special moment, with extra emotion.

I'd bet they won't keep it, Billie seemed critical of it when he said it's a feelgood song (and now he wants us to feel bad)

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'd bet they won't keep it, Billie seemed critical of it when he said it's a feelgood song (and now he wants us to feel bad)

I consider them as comparable and alternative songs on a setlist, and I would prefer to have back 21 guns and get rid of SB, it renders much better live.

1 minute ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I consider them as comparable and alternative songs on a setlist, and I would prefer to have back 21 guns and get rid of SB, it renders much better live.

Forget 21 Guns and SB. Bring back Brutal Love! 

Just now, kaylubd said:

Not gonna happen but I would love this :D 

I love SB and wouldn't mind them keeping it, which they probably won't. I didn't even think about how it sounded when I heard it live, I was just happy to see my favorite band performing one of my favorite songs, didn't really care if it sounded like shit or not 😁

Just now, Denice said:

I love SB and wouldn't mind them keeping it, which they probably won't. I didn't even think about how it sounded when I heard it live, I was just happy to see my favorite band performing one of my favorite songs, didn't really care if it sounded like shit or not 😁

I think this is me when it comes to Green Day. I'm usually in awe that I'm seeing them and I get all mushy. When Billie hits the stage I get big hearts in my eyes so it usually doesn't matter if they sound like shit. Chances are I won't notice. 

16 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I think this is me when it comes to Green Day. I'm usually in awe that I'm seeing them and I get all mushy. When Billie hits the stage I get big hearts in my eyes so it usually doesn't matter if they sound like shit. Chances are I won't notice. 

I know what you mean but I think this is a really tough song and sometimes it’s more about performance than perfect pitch etc and I loved the emotion of it live, it felt time like the whole place was really joining in and loving it to me.

2 hours ago, kaylubd said:

This 👆

Emotion AND perfect pitch 🙂😍

2 hours ago, kaylubd said:

All the fangirls be like:

original.gif

11 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Oh, thank you but I couldn’t really figure out US channels, I guess. There is NBC but I thought the programs are changing according to the states. When I looked for this show, it says the channel is WNBC (NBC New York), for example 

1 hour ago, Beyza said:

Oh, thank you but I couldn’t really figure out US channels, I guess. There is NBC but I thought the programs are changing according to the states. When I looked for this show, it says the channel is WNBC (NBC New York), for example 

I live in New York as well, and can confirm that NBC is channel 4 across all cable providers.

Kerrang article about GD's appearance here:

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/green-day-will-play-the-ellen-degeneres-show-next-month/

Green-Day-black-white-2020-promo-credit-

GREEN DAY WILL PLAY THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW NEXT MONTH

To coincide with the release of their new album Father Of All…, Green Day will be stopping by The Ellen DeGeneres Show on February 7.

As Green Day’s highly-anticipated new album Father Of All… edges ever closer, it’s been confirmed that the band will be appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on the day of its release on February 7.

Billie Joe Armstrong and co. will presumably be performing one of the singles from their new 13th studio full-length, while Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg are reportedly guest-hosting their particular episode.

It’s not the first time the trio have appeared on Ellen, having stopped by the show while promoting Father Of All…’s predecessor, Revolution Radio (they played American Idiot and Still Breathing on the show). And not only was it somehow their debut appearance on daytime TV, it was also apparently a goal of Ellen’s to have the band on. Awww.

Check out Green Day’s previous performance on Ellen below:

Video follows

Green Day’s upcoming commitments also include an appearance on Good Morning America on February 10, where they will perform recent single Oh Yeah!.

Pick up this week’s issue of Kerrang! – out today – to read our extensive review of Green Day’s Father Of All…, as well as a Q&A with the one and only Tré Cool about the record.

How did I miss those previous performances of Ellen, WOW!  

Love Billie's outfit there, even thought his tie was kind of jacked up.   

haha.  

I would like it if they brought back Brutal Love and 21 Guns.

giphy.gif

Archived