Win a pair of tickets to FOAMF Album Release Party - 7 February 2020

Rumpelstiltskin2000

3 hours ago, Thelongshot said:

Yeh  i didn't like the backing track. it was very noticeable. The reason I like green day is that they play real instruments. 

I am just gonna leave this quote here from BJA himself from a just few years ago during the promotion for Revolution Radio.

"And there’s no smoke and mirrors with Green Day. We’re not playing to any tracks. We’re not hiding any musicians in the corner. What you see is what you get. We’re a bunch of old dudes playing music through a PA system with microphones on our instruments. It’s old-fashioned. It’s raw. It’s gritty."

Like what the actual fuck is going on? Oh Yeah is a song I can tolerate existing, but it should not be played live if this is all they can do with it.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

I am just gonna leave this quote here from BJA himself from a just few years ago during the promotion for Revolution Radio.

"And there’s no smoke and mirrors with Green Day. We’re not playing to any tracks. We’re not hiding any musicians in the corner. What you see is what you get. We’re a bunch of old dudes playing music through a PA system with microphones on our instruments. It’s old-fashioned. It’s raw. It’s gritty."

Like what the actual fuck is going on? Oh Yeah is a song I can tolerate existing, but it should not be played live if this is all they can do with it.

I do agree that the performance of the song can be improved, and that instead of using the sample they could have some choristers on stage, it would raise the level. But the “backing track” is just a recording of the sample, they don’t have a backing track supporting the band for the entire song or any other part of the song. There’s no hidden guys “secretly” backing them, everything except that is done on stage. 
Is it working perfectly? Definitely not, but is not even that a dramatic performance imho. 

Here’s the video of the interview and the full performance in quite good quality: 

Get it, Jason! Can we get a properly released version of him singing Dancing with Myself? 

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

This broadcast brought to you by Boner Toner 

Careful. It’s too much Boner Toner and you’re up all night spamming GDC with Train before you know it

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Careful. It’s too much Boner Toner and you’re up all night spamming GDC with Train before you know it

All it does is make it darker. Doesn't make it hard. 

Archived