Of course you would say that

Why would I say that? Tell me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

AHAHAH the snippet of boulevard of broken dream "I smoke alone I smoke alone" 😂

One of BJ's finest acting performancesđŸ€ŁÂ Â 

Article from Fader magazine about Billie being in this (won't let me copy and paste!):

https://www.thefader.com/2020/01/24/tyla-yaweh-wiz-khalifa-high-right-now-remix

______

This one from AP Magazine:

https://www.altpress.com/news/billie-joe-armstrong-green-day-tyla-yaweh-wiz-khalifa-high-right-now-music-video/

BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG BACKS TYLA YAWEH, WIZ KHALIFA’S GREEN DAY SAMPLE

Armstrong is also featured in the music video

Tyla-Yaweh-green-day-billie-joe-armstron

Green Day and Billie Joe Armstrong allowed Tyla Yaweh and Wiz Khalifa to use a sample of “Boulevard Of Broken Dreams” for the remix of Yaweh’s “High Right Now.”

The singer also makes an appearance in the track’s accompanying music video.

When Yaweh was initially recording the remix with Khalifa, he was worried they wouldn’t be able to sample the rhythm from Green Day’s “Boulevard Of Broken Dreams” for the remix of “High Right Now.”

“When you hear Wiz used a sample from Green Day we were wondering how the hell we were going to clear it,” Yaweh tells Fader. “But then, I’m on tour with Post Malone and end up seeing Billie Joe Armstrong backstage. I played him the record and he loved it and said he was gonna clear it!”

“We needed up become good friends from there and we all ended up making this iconic stoned circle shot happen!”

Armstrong took to Instagram to announce the collaboration with the two rappers.

_____

Another article, this time from Billboard about it:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8548988/tyla-yaweh-high-right-now-video-wiz-khalifa-green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-big-sean-post-malone

This is definitely weird lol. Never thought I'd see Billie in a rap video, but you know what, that's pretty fucking awesome. Billie looked a bit lost like he didn't know what to do but maybe this is part of Green Day doing new things they wouldn't normally do. I didn't hate it! Song is nothing special but I kind of like it. I can see it being my smoking theme song đŸ€Ł

Billie looks so “Dad” in this. A little old, a little awkward and a little out of place. But 😍😂. 

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Billie looks very poser-ish in this, leading on the car with his arms crossed, dad glasses on.

Billie is the OG in the video. He's got 5X the monthly listeners on Spotify. They need him. 

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Hi honestly do not think any of you would think it's good but because billie joe is in the video its alright :lol: 

I may not have heard it if it wasn't for Billie but there's no doubt the opening to the song would have caught my attention. 

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Why would I say that? Tell me.

cause you said it Ted

2 hours ago, kaylubd said:

This is definitely weird lol. Never thought I'd see Billie in a rap video, but you know what, that's pretty fucking awesome. Billie looked a bit lost like he didn't know what to do but maybe this is part of Green Day doing new things they wouldn't normally do. I didn't hate it! Song is nothing special but I kind of like it. I can see it being my smoking theme song đŸ€Ł

Yeah Billie did look a bit lost :lol:

I didn't hate it either.

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Hi honestly do not think any of you would think it's good but because billie joe is in the video its alright :lol: 

Because people haven't readily posted about how much they dislike rap songs with Billie on them before? No one is hating on it, just accept it :lol: 

I think the thing with Billie being in the video is like, look it's this legendary dude from a band named after smoking weed. It's a bit of a tongue in cheek thing, yeah he's older and doesn't quite fit in but it's like having a cool uncle there. I think they pulled it off very well, it's fun and not awkward. 

51 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Because people haven't readily posted about how much they dislike rap songs with Billie on them before? No one is hating on it, just accept it :lol: 

I think the thing with Billie being in the video is like, look it's this legendary dude from a band named after smoking weed. It's a bit of a tongue in cheek thing, yeah he's older and doesn't quite fit in but it's like having a cool uncle there. I think they pulled it off very well, it's fun and not awkward. 

I agree with everything you said bar the last 2 words.

45 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

I agree with everything you said bar the last 2 words.

:lol: OK it is slightly awkward but only in the way that a 47 year old white punk dad dude in this video is inevitably going to be somewhat awkward. It's awkward in a way that works :P 

Huh. I didn't hate it. Billie looked great and I liked the BOBD sample.

Would have been even cooler if Billie sang a hook or something on the song, always wanted him to do features like that, but still awesome to see him in something way different like this that a whole new demographic might see 

6 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

Would have been even cooler if Billie sang a hook or something on the song, always wanted him to do features like that, but still awesome to see him in something way different like this that a whole new demographic might see 

They should've had him sing the BOBD part

41 minutes ago, Hermione said:

They should've had him sing the BOBD part

Nah I think Wiz Khalifa nailed it :D 

9 hours ago, Eric said:

I genuinely enjoy hip hop when it’s well done (and I love weed :P),  add the BoBD sample and I don’t see why I would have not liked this without Billie in the video :D 
For sure I would have not come across this that easily without his collab tho, so I am glad he did this :D 

This is really not the music I would listen to, and I will probably never listen to this song or watch the music video again, even though Billie is in it. Just not my type of music at all. But you can enjoy what you want.

I just kept wanting more Billie, haha.   While the song isn't terrible, seeing him just made me wish I was listening to a Green Day tune featuring these rappers.   

Imagine Tre and Mike joining in and this turning into an epic Green Day tune.    "Green Day II" is actually what it could be, haha.

No disrespect to these guys, the song has it's own merit.   I probably won't be returning to it over and over, but it's decent.     

1 hour ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Nah I think Wiz Khalifa nailed it :D 

He did but in the interests of hearing Billie on the song it could've been a duet :P 

I just love how a Billie is the designated driver in the video 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Archived