Green Day to be on The Project NZ (New Zealand)

Squashie

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats cool - i often think i wish they would make an appearance on the Oz show. Hoping thats means something is coming our way soon.

ok, a few things throw me off...

"Wake me up when September ends ...because today will be hard to beat!", what does January have to do with September?

And I don't understand "Project NZ", created in California, USA. What is this? TV, radio,..?

Please help my sore brain...

1 hour ago, Karl Karlson said:

"Wake me up when September ends ...because today will be hard to beat!", what does January have to do with September?

And I don't understand "Project NZ", created in California, USA. What is this? TV, radio,..?

Please help my sore brain...

1. It's just a poorly used pun

2. The Project is a TV show filmed and shown New Zealand (Its based off an Australian show by the same name) but their entertainment reporter is based in California thus did the interview in person. 

3 hours ago, Karl Karlson said:

It obviously means MOOTIK is real and will be out at the end of September!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, Matt. said:

It obviously means MOOTIK is real and will be out at the end of September!!!!!!

That's was bja wishes was true 

10 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Thats cool - i often think i wish they would make an appearance on the Oz show. Hoping thats means something is coming our way soon.

I was on Dr.Oz once

5 hours ago, Karl Karlson said:

It's like the phrase "somebody pinch me I must be dreaming", ie wake me up because this day is so awesome it must be a dream/I can't believe I got to interview GD and it was really great. She just added the song title in to make it a GD reference. 

It will most likely be an Australia/New Zealand your announcement or interview about Foamf album.

Will be on ThreeNow.co.nz

when it’s on.

Will probably region block anyone outside NZ although they do put lots of stuff on Facebook. 
I’ll try find out when it’s on

6 hours ago, scottnz6789 said:

It will most likely be an Australia/New Zealand your announcement or interview about Foamf album.

Fingers crossed its not Hella Mega tour annoucement😋

8 minutes ago, simoro1 said:

When was this interview happening?

Have been searching but can't find anything

7 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

I don't remember this being on the OZ project - Mike looked pretty unhappy.

I’m just watching Billie in this and thinking what a stark contrast this is to the bored, distracted and listless way he’s doing interviews now.  I don’t think it’s the album that’s the difference I think it’s just him. He seems less happy in general these days.

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m just watching Billie in this and thinking what a stark contrast this is to the bored, distracted and listless way he’s doing interviews now.  I don’t think it’s the album that’s the difference I think it’s just him. He seems less happy in general these days.

That's funny as I think this was just before his breakdown and I think he looks awful here and yes, he seems engaged but not sure it's natural.  I don't think he seems listless in current interviews but he does seem to be giving off the "oh god, here we go again" vibe 😂

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

That's funny as I think this was just before his breakdown and I think he looks awful here and yes, he seems engaged but not sure it's natural.  I don't think he seems listless in current interviews but he does seem to be giving off the "oh god, here we go again" vibe 😂

I get what you mean in other interviews of this period but in this one he just seems chatty and upbeat. He hasn’t been chatty in a long time.

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I'm not sure if that was a particularly happy time

34 minutes ago, jengd said:

I was about to write the same. There is another interview recorded in the same room/setting, I think from GMA, where he really looks weird. And, knowing what happened shortly after that, it’s understandable. Today I think he is very different, in some interviews (all the one made in Spain for example) he looks extremely bored, which can be something very natural and it’s not something new for him. But there’s also quite a lot of interviews where he has a totally different mood. I think overall it can be normal when you are close to be 50 years old and have been doing this for 30 years to hate this part of the promotion. Especially when the person interviewing you is not really on spot :P I think he always expressed how much he hates the whole promotion/interview circus, so I don’t see anything weird here. 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I get what you mean in other interviews of this period but in this one he just seems chatty and upbeat. He hasn’t been chatty in a long time.

I think it depends on the questions, that pre-iheart interview where they went off talking about that series of music docs, he was chatty then.  I think in true Billie style, he's really bad at pretending to be happy explaining what an album is about for the 150th time.

I watched this and yeah, he seems involved and talkative. This is the other kind of interview, where he actually responds instead of making funny faces :lol:

(Also I wouldn't say he looks bad here, but that's for the forbidden thread lol)

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think we got spoiled during RevRad because they were exceptionally happy, goofy and talkative in most interviews we got back then and I loved it. For a short time it seemed that they were completely at peace with the world and themselves and they clearly enjoyed it, you can tell that it was no faux happiness during RevRad, it was real. That's why RevRad will probably always be my favourite GD era. Not saying everything's shit now or something, it's just very different and much gloomier and maybe that's what gives me the strange vibe. FOAM pulled me out of the illusion that Green Day had finally found themselves and dragged me back into the reality that they're still searching and will probably never be happy with what they find.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I watched this and yeah, he seems involved and talkative. This is the other kind of interview, where he actually responds instead of making funny faces :lol:

(Also I wouldn't say he looks bad here, but that's for the forbidden thread lol)

This is controversial and probably part of that forbidden thread, but I feel like his "chatty, happy" attitude was because of the substances he was on during that time period. He looks stoned, distant and generally unhealthy in this 2012 video.

I mean, they all look like very happy with themselves, their work, and their life in interviews like this one, and there's many more like it in this era :) 

I wouldn't judge their overall mood from a couple of interview sessions where they are bored as hell because international press doesn't know how to make a fun and interesting interview :P  I also think that during RR they wanted to send a certain message after what happened with the Trilogy, and that's what they did also in the interviews. 

Archived