FOAM - MOJO review

emenius

I can get behind Graffita having some Mony Mony influence in it, but I'm also thinking of the Billy Idol version only. That version kicks ass.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I wonder Graffita most. They said it’s about factories that were closed in the Rust Belt of the USA and black male teenagers who are shot by police in Chicago. Sounds like it’s gonna have a pessimistic point of view like the other songs but I think also melodically gonna be a interesting one. 

5 hours ago, kaylubd said:

He reminds me of sites like Pitchfork and Spin who will post Album of the Year articles and it's someone you've never heard of :lol:

Ah, perhaps the best music isn't made in the main stream :ninja: Fantano rates the post-punk scene that's growing on both sides of the Atlantic, but tends to fault punk bands simply because they're not part of that scene

4 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Ah, perhaps the best music isn't made in the main stream :ninja: Fantano rates the post-punk scene that's growing on both sides of the Atlantic, but tends to fault punk bands simply because they're not part of that scene

I've grown more to side with critics like this, even if I don't really like them that much. I feel like people don't take the time to listen to music for more than 20 seconds. Sometimes things can be different and harder to digest and tell what's going on in them

2 minutes ago, Taste said:

I've grown more to side with critics like this, even if I don't really like them that much. I feel like people don't take the time to listen to music for more than 20 seconds. Sometimes things can be different and harder to digest and tell what's going on in them

Theres some really interesting and thought-provoking music out there at the moment, which makes me question why "everybody got a scar, aint it funny how were running out of hope" can seem deep and relatable.

I do still think Fantano is harsh, but when you compare releases like Green Day's and blink's to say Black Midi, Idles or Slowthai, you can see why he's got the complaints he has.

2 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Theres some really interesting and thought-provoking music out there at the moment, which makes me question why "everybody got a scar, aint it funny how were running out of hope" can seem deep and relatable.

I do still think Fantano is harsh, but when you compare releases like Green Day's and blink's to say Black Midi, Idles or Slowthai, you can see why he's got the complaints he has.

Yeah I think there's even easier music to get into that he likes. I'm still trying to get more into these bands you've mentioned. I do like their general sounds though

2 minutes ago, Taste said:

Yeah I think there's even easier music to get into that he likes. I'm still trying to get more into these bands you've mentioned. I do like their general sounds though

Without derailing the thread anymore all three are great along with Shame, Fontaine's DC, Slaves and many others.

Think it was established when RevRad came out reviews don't mean anything? I think RevRad got compared to Dookie by one or two reviewers.

8 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

If it actually sounds anything like Bankrobber from the Clash, I can already put my heart on that one. 

Came in to post this😀

10 hours ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Creo que esto suena muy esperanzador, y estoy empezando a pensar que este álbum no será criticado por los críticos. A excepción de Anthony Fantano, por supuesto, que tiene algún tipo de rencor contra Green Day que no puede dejar de lado. 

Who cares that guy 😆

7 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I can get behind Graffita having some Mony Mony influence in it, but I'm also thinking of the Billy Idol version only. That version kicks ass.

I don't think it's wrong for us to assume it's the Billy Idol version. That's exactly what I went to first when I read it as well. 

Billie is a huge gen x fan 

3 hours ago, Joe. said:

I think it's all a gimmick to get views. The internet's busiest music nerd. First off if he was really a music nerd he'd play an instrument at the level Neil Peart played drums. 

Come on Anthony, I'm not buying that you're the busiest music nerd. I know you just listen to an album before and after you spank your monkey. 

Reviewers are often bafflingly off from what the fans actually think about something, so I'm taking this with more than a grain of salt. I like the songs so far, the boys seems to be having a great time, and I'm excited to hear more about the album from them and not some reviewer who can't even spell Billie's name correctly.

8 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I think it's all a gimmick to get views. The internet's busiest music nerd. First off if he was really a music nerd he'd play an instrument at the level Neil Peart played drums. 

Come on Anthony, I'm not buying that you're the busiest music nerd. I know you just listen to an album before and after you spank your monkey. 

I mean not everything’s literal in life, I don’t believe he has the most hectic schedule of anyone that is into music ever.

10 hours ago, Joe. said:

I mean not everything’s literal in life, I don’t believe he has the most hectic schedule of anyone that is into music ever.

Oh... but he believes he does 

Archived