Whats should be next for Green Day after FOAMF?

madafaka

Whats should be next for Green Day after FOAMF?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn’t this a bit premature. I mean the album didn’t come out yet and the guys have a whole tour to play...

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Isn’t this a bit premature. I mean the album didn’t come out yet and the guys have a whole tour to play...

Maybe, but in my opinion we have sufficient knowledge to judge how this era is roughly gonna go. At least when it comes to the seven options I've taken the liberty to lay out

I'd like to see them be more ambitious in the same spirit of AI and 21CB but in a format they feel inspired to do it in. 

They can really take their time and make sure that each track can stand on it's own.

If not, then I'd like them to finally release Cigarettes and Valentines. 

20 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I’m with you. They haven’t even started touring for this era yet. 

But also this:

22 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Whatever inspires them

First & foremost a complete overhaul of the setlist.

Quality over quantity & small club tour downunder. 

I'd like to see something that mixes a bit of both classic sound and experimental sound on the ambitious side of things. I don't feel they ever reached the true potential that they started showing with albums like 21st Century Breakdown and Revolution Radio.

Also when I say ambitious I don't necessarily mean long, but I'd take long in a heartbeat if it were offered to me.

Something that has always been in the back of my mind is that I would like to see them do an EP type thing that could go from about 15-25 mins where all the songs just bleed into one larger song, kind of like a Jesus of Suburbia kind of thing that tells a story but just being the full seamless experience of an entire disc from beginning to end where you wouldn't even realize the songs were separated, even though they are all completely different from one another.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Whatever inspires them

I was going to say whatever the hell they want to do, but you phrased it more nicely. :)

And more Longshot.

1 hour ago, Jon Benjamin said:

I think it’ll be time for the anthology of all of the alternate takes and unreleased songs. 

John Roecker if you are out there, please for the love of god leak it, you know exactly what I am talking about!!!!

Firstly, I want to enjoy this era. Secondly, I'd like some pro footage from this era (yes, EMA that is you). Thirdly, GD don't owe us anything so I'm happy for them to do what they're happy with. 

I am really enjoying this phase of the band. I love to see Billie putting out new material also in alternative formats like the Longshot, I really like to see them experimenting new sounds, and I think having Otis really did good to the band, already with RR. I hope this desire of the band to put out material more often, also using different channels, will find a way to materialise, either with Warner or somewhere else. 
If you ask me if I prefer another concept album in 4 years or a bunch of EPs, maybe going in various sound directions, released in the same time period, I vote for the second option, as long as it is good music. If they can do both of course that's the preferred option :P I really don't care about the format, and otherwise I am not sure where you draw the line between ambitious and laid back. 

Right now I'm looking forward to the album and tour cause I can't wait to finally see my boys again, it's been so long! I think they will always find ways to surprise us, that's the great thing about those guys, you never know what you gonna get. Most of all I hope they'll stay happy and healthy and keep making music together and going on tour till the end of time (if that's not too much to ask😋). I personally would enjoy experiments with a strong prog rock/psychedelic/Pink Floyd-influenced kind of sound one day in the future because I love stuff like that and it would be interesting to hear. And I totally see Green Day going on tour with a full orchestra like The Who did last year. One day :)

40 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

If you ask me if I prefer another concept album in 4 years

No more words needed ;):wub:

The Hella Small tour featuring Green Day and the drunk bunny. Stops in a couple of bars in Oakland, Berkeley and San Francisco. You heard it here first 39.gif 

13 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

The Hella Small tour featuring Green Day and the drunk bunny. Stops in a couple of bars in Oakland, Berkeley and San Francisco. You heard it here first 39.gif 

Take that Hella small tour across the country and I’m behind it 100%

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Take that Hella small tour across the country and I’m behind it 100%

*world, please 😭

I think they should stick with the sound of FOAMF/ the trilogy since that’s clearly what they keep going back to. I do think if Billie has something political to say it will be harder and faster sounding, but if that’s not the case I think the band wants to stay in their experimental rock pop punk alternative sound. 

After Father of All Motherfuckers has released and they've done supporting the album with tours and shit.. all I want from all of them to grow beards, stop dying their hairs and start looking like their age. Both Billie and Mike look fantastic with beards, maybe Tré too (never seen him with beard) so why the fuck not? It's not like The Boys™ can actually cheat their age forever so why not finally put your black/blonde/blue/green/whatever hair colors to rest and rock the living shit out of grey look!

3 hours ago, Herroon said:

MOOTIK.

The one last brave soldier still fighting. I'm proud of you.

It's probably impossible to make any predictions because they never did the same album twice. I mean the sound was always different on every record. I know that a lot of people say that they have never evolved, but I'd disagree with that. They have their own sound, that's true, but there's definitely variety. 

That being said, I'd like them to go back to the 21CB-sound and explore it a bit further. Maybe do some more acoustic songs and add strings here and there. That would be a huge and ambitious project though, and I'm not sure of they'll ever do something like that again. But 21CB was my first Green Day album and I have a soft spot for it. So if they ever go back to that sound, I'd be stoked. 

Archived