No one wants to say it, but I'll say it: Billie's brain is fried

Shrieking Shack

5 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

681-BDE43-A0-CD-46-F9-9-C93-A41482-E582- 

So witty, you would rival a pigeon with your deadly ripostes.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Mate stop the personal attacks.  I come here to relax & hang out with my virtual friends.

You started it with the stupid memes. You also don't like facts. The fact is, Billie knowingly risked the lives of others.

Let's get back on topic now. Billie's years of substance abuse is the reason for these songs

1 minute ago, Shrieking Shack said:

You started it with the stupid memes. You also don't like facts. The fact is, Billie knowingly risked the lives of others.

Let's get back on topic now. Billie's years of substance abuse is the reason for these songs

Is that you Jeff?

So witty, you would rival a pigeon with your deadly ripostes.

No pigeons are my friends, as sheep and unicorns. Sometimes I ate them tho. Not the unicorns, I just milk their rainbow juice. 

Bro, I get it. The band released a stinker, but it's happened before and they have always been good for it in the end. The band isn't dead, they're fine, but saying that Billies brain is flat out cooked from drug abuse is in pretty poor taste. It's not bad to give the boys some tough love every now and then, but there's a line in which it goes a bit too far.

I guarantee there will be at least one song that you will love on the new album, even on my least favorite record by them (DOS) I still ended up liking the majority of the songs and even then if there still isn't anything you like on it, it's still highly likely that this is just them teasing us and having a bit of fun.

(When in doubt, just look at that album cover again)

Keep your chin up and hold on, there will be a lot more music in a couple of weeks :)

32 minutes ago, Shrieking Shack said:

I'm a paying fan. He absolutely fucking owes me. Without me, he is nothing.

No he doesn't owe you at all 

You need to get over that idea like pronto...

12 minutes ago, Shrieking Shack said:

Billie's years of substance abuse is the reason for these songs

Warning was some of his best work.

boyfriends-with-laser-pointers

Spoiler

Im pretty bored watching the cricket. I can do this all night

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

On the plus side, now I don't look like the biggest asshole on this forum

Sorry, you never did so there’s no plus side in this thread 😂

2 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Sorry, you never did so there’s no plus side in this thread 😂

That also a plus side for me!

Just now, UNICORN VOMIT said:

giphy.gif @Shrieking Shack are you still there...

He’s checking the latest “Ben Shapiro destroys a 15 yo kid” video on YT, give it some time. 

By all means state your opinion good or bad on the new music but using someone’s addiction to back up that opinion? Really?

In before lock..

But FWIW I'm kinda disheartened by this era myself too. And I'm not sure if you're trolling but lets not forget about everyone here questioning Billies mental state during the Trilogy labeling it Billies mid-life crisis (iheart meltdown aside *ahem*). But what we now see is that Trilogy is exactly the kind of music GD want to do, RevRad was obviously to "please" the fans. They're not doing that again and they seem pretty happy about it.

Now it's going to piss off a lot of people, you can either love it because you're a die hard fan and you'll love anything they release - which is cool
Or you could hate it, because its not your cup of tea, and move on - There are plenty of other great bands out there - especially the younger bands that are heavily influenced by bands like Green Day etc.

1 hour ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

😋

He's resorted to emojis. A true simpleton.

Is that you Jeff?

Who's Jeff? Jeff Matika?

1 hour ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

No pigeons are my friends, as sheep and unicorns. Sometimes I ate them tho. Not the unicorns, I just milk their rainbow juice. 

I'm just glad you think you have friends.

1 hour ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Bro, I get it. The band released a stinker, but it's happened before and they have always been good for it in the end. The band isn't dead, they're fine, but saying that Billies brain is flat out cooked from drug abuse is in pretty poor taste. It's not bad to give the boys some tough love every now and then, but there's a line in which it goes a bit too far.

I guarantee there will be at least one song that you will love on the new album, even on my least favorite record by them (DOS) I still ended up liking the majority of the songs and even then if there still isn't anything you like on it, it's still highly likely that this is just them teasing us and having a bit of fun.

(When in doubt, just look at that album cover again)

Keep your chin up and hold on, there will be a lot more music in a couple of weeks :)

It's true. Look up what long term drug use does to the brain. FWIW I didn't mind the trilogy. I just wish they had made one album that contained the best of the three.

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

No he doesn't owe you at all 

You need to get over that idea like pronto...

You need to get on a treadmill...like pronto.

Warning was some of his best work.

boyfriends-with-laser-pointers

Reveal hidden contents

Im pretty bored watching the cricket. I can do this all night

Maybe actually contributing to the topic at hand might be more useful?

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

On the plus side, now I don't look like the biggest intellect on this forum

FTFY

59 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

That also a plus side for me!

You mean plus size?

47 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

giphy.gif @Shrieking Shack are you still there...

Why don't you contribute to the actual discussion, instead of trolling and derailing my thread?

I raise a valid point about drugs affecting the brain.

Why is everyone in denial?

Billie has been writing music for 30 plus years sorry if he doesn’t want to do it your way. The other members of Green Day would say something if they hated the direction they’re going in. Green Day has released a few bad songs over the years, we like them because they’re bad “punk” songs now that they’re not “punk” people are freaking out. 

46 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

He’s checking the latest “Ben Shapiro destroys a 15 yo kid” video on YT, give it some time. 

No, I'm actually watching 'Ben Shapiro Destroys Happy Rooting Unicorn'. I'm sorry that you were one of the leftists who he embarassed. He's also a hell of a lot smarter than you will ever be.

Just now, Shrieking Shack said:

No, I'm actually watching 'Ben Shapiro Destroys Happy Rooting Unicorn'. I'm sorry that you were one of the leftists who he embarassed. He's also a hell of a lot smarter than you will ever be.

14ae3700d8a62394f417aecd8798c902.jpg 

24 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I like the song, is my brain fried too? 🤯

No, you're just simple. Simple lyrics for simple people.

Man speaks faster than the speed of sound and thinks he’s knowledgable 

Keep scrolling by, I'm just posting to this thread before it gets locked. Oh, by the way, Billie owes you nothing. Goodbye.

24 minutes ago, Andrew_ said:

By all means state your opinion good or bad on the new music but using someone’s addiction to back up that opinion? Really?

I've backed it up using facts. Look up the effects of long term drug abuse on the brain and then come back and tell me I'm talking rubbish. Billie is a shell of his former self. I'm actually shattered, as I have loved this band for 20 years.

23 minutes ago, Doggins said:

In before lock..

But FWIW I'm kinda disheartened by this era myself too. And I'm not sure if you're trolling but lets not forget about everyone here questioning Billies mental state during the Trilogy labeling it Billies mid-life crisis (iheart meltdown aside *ahem*). But what we now see is that Trilogy is exactly the kind of music GD want to do, RevRad was obviously to "please" the fans. They're not doing that again and they seem pretty happy about it.

Now it's going to piss off a lot of people, you can either love it because you're a die hard fan and you'll love anything they release - which is cool
Or you could hate it, because its not your cup of tea, and move on - There are plenty of other great bands out there - especially the younger bands that are heavily influenced by bands like Green Day etc.

I actually prefer blink's new album to be honest. At least NINE had some bangers. Pin The Grenade is amazing.

9 minutes ago, XxxcarterxxX said:

Billie has been writing music for 30 plus years sorry if he doesn’t want to do it your way. The other members of Green Day would say something if they hated the direction they’re going in. Green Day has released a few bad songs over the years, we like them because they’re bad “punk” songs now that they’re not “punk” people are freaking out. 

You really have no idea how to use a comma.

6 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

14ae3700d8a62394f417aecd8798c902.jpg 

Displaying your usual wit. Can you please just get on topic and explain to me why I am wrong? How has long term drug abuse not fried Billie's brain?

6 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Man speaks faster than the speed of sound and thinks he’s knowledgable 

Speaks at the speed his brain works. He's a Harvard law graduate, who has achieved more in high school alone than you ever will in your entire life.

8 minutes ago, Shrieking Shack said:

Displaying your usual wit. Can you please just get on topic and explain to me why I am wrong? How has long term drug abuse not fried Billie's brain?

You don’t know him, you are not his family, not his friend, you are not his doctor, you know shit about his life, you know shit about his mental or physical health, you know shit. And he doesn’t owe you shit. 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived