Q Magazine - 1990-2020 Thirty Years of Green Day

Rumpelstiltskin2000

This came up on my Twitter. Apparently in next month's Q Magazine Green Day will have a cover feature: "1990-2020 Thirty Years of Green Day":

JtA6k0D.jpg

Will try to get hold of a copy nearer the time or pre-order 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I could get scans too, if needed.

Yes thank you!

I hope it includes a new interview and not just a recap of their history full of holes and mistakes like Kerrang did 

I was just thinking about how Green Day have been putting out full length records for thirty years now (that’s what 1990-2020 represents even though they’ve been a band even longer than that).  

If it’s hard to get your head around exactly what that number means just think of any other thirty year span and how vast it is in terms of technology, culture, style and world events. Like 1910 versus 1940 for example or 1950 to 1980. That’s huge. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Pouty bitch🤣

I heard you saying this with a Peaky Blinders accent 😂

Boy this really does look like the Trilogy era. There is literally know difference. How has it been 8 years?

2 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I heard you saying this with a Peaky Blinders accent 😂

I love that show.

2 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Boy this really does look like the Trilogy era. There is literally know difference. How has it been 8 years?

Mike has a decent haircut now, at least. 😋

2 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

When I saw the group photo with the blond woman from the Radio I was thinking about the 21st Century era. 😂

All the different formed dates. 

Sweet Children 1986-1989.

Green Day 1989-present, right. Late 89 sure, possibly 90.  But I believe the name change was in 89 and then the first album was 90.  

Forgot to post this but it was on the back of the advertisement for next month's Q Magazine:

ClJGAsO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This looks promising, thought it was the cover with the red jacket on but in colour, maybe that pic is inside.  I love how nobody every quotes the same number twice when telling us how many albums they have sold.  I laughed when the iheart guy said 25M!

I'm salty because I thought I could buy this today. But nope! The new issues isn't up on the newsstand site. :dry:

4 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I'm salty because I thought I could buy this today. But nope! The new issues isn't up on the newsstand site. :dry:

I think it is but just without the right photo. I managed to order it from them last week or the week before by ordering the 11 February issue

2 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I think it is but just without the right photo. I managed to order it from them last week or the week before by ordering the 11 February issue

Ah you're right. I usually try to order when the cover photo is up to ensure I'm getting the right thing.

Archived