Q Magazine - 1990-2020 Thirty Years of Green Day

Rumpelstiltskin2000

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it’ll appear in the US store once they figure out how much they can get away with charging for shipping! It took a day or so for the UK site to show the latest items, although there are still quite a few things we have to order from the US store, and pay ludicrous import duties on. 

Yeah, I'm trying to decide if nearly $30 for me is worth the magazine and a 7 inch. The magazine by itself is roughly $13 for me and I'm not very excited about getting it from Warner considering how bad their shipping has been with FOAM.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Ordered a copy already, I want that 7” so badly 😍

I'm happy they released it in the American store, but their shipping is so ridiculous. It kind of kills it for me, but I'm still trying to decide. For some reason the 7 inch doesn't make me super excited even though it's pretty cool.

Damn, I'm glad they did this package :)
Just wanted to buy the magazine somewhere else (probably without the 7'')

Wow, Green Day really does seem to have more control over what they can release. A vinyl with a SBD recording of the Whisky show? Hell yeah!

33 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Wow, Green Day really does seem to have more cobtrol over what they can release. A vinyl with a SBD recording of the Whisky show? Hell yeah!

So there will be 3 songs released from the show then :)
"Father of All..." & "American Idiot" on this 7'' and "Bang Bang" on the Japanese FOAMF CD (which I will get in the mail soon)

I pre-ordered the 7 inch. This will be the first time I have a physical release of a concert I went to, so it's pretty special. Too bad we have to buy the dumb magazine with it haha.

I got into the show for free, guess this is how they'll get me. Heck, I got a free shirt at the end of the show too.

Too bad they couldn't release different tracks than already broadcast on siriusxm though....

1 minute ago, greenday4924 said:

I pre-ordered the 7 inch. This will be the first time I have a physical release of a concert I went to, so it's pretty special. Too bad we have to buy the dumb magazine with it haha.

I got into the show for free, guess this is how they'll get me. Heck, I got a free shirt at the end of the show too.

Too bad they couldn't release different tracks than already broadcast on siriusxm though....

With any luck, the sound mixing should be better.

23 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

Is the 7” only available when you order through the official store? 

So far the official store is the only place you can get it.

Here's the full article. I think is pretty legeable. If not, i'll try to transcribe it later, let me know

Wow my first take from this is that the journalist didn’t do very much research, did he? Even something as simple as mixing up which son is in SWMRS (or ‘swimmers’) and saying mike was raised by a heroin addicted mother are all easily fact checked 

It was a good interview. The letter he wrote to himself in the voice of his father makes me feel emotional and he keeps being honest about the addiction stuff. He sees the iHeart incident differently now in a more positive way for sure and he admitted he has middle-aged moments lol and it’s totally normal. Also he is aware that he always have to deal with alcohol and drugs for the rest of his life so seems like he doesn’t take it lightly and it’s good

The part where Billie goes I gave up downers not other drugs or something along those lines and then there's that ad tm on the opposite page, jfc. What kind of marketing is this.

Nice, just ordered me a copy. Hope they pack it safely, & don’t just chuck it in one of those thin plastic post bags.  Didn’t bother paying the extra for tracked, as probably a waste of time!

56 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The part where Billie goes I gave up downers not other drugs or something along those lines and then there's that ad tm on the opposite page, jfc. What kind of marketing is this.

I mean now that I see the whole thing, that’s really idiotic. Associating a music record to cocaine in such way if fucking dumb. I get wanting to be provocative, but anyone could have found 100 different ways to do that in a smarter and more effective way. 

Overall a great interview, some really honest and deep analysis about himself, that only convince me more about the fact that having a meaningful discussion about his health is impossible. On one hand I feel sorry for him for having to discuss publicly about his personal life, on the other hand I think at this point he could do good being even more open, since mental health is still such an idiotic stigma in this society, and we still don’t talk enough about it publicly. But I also understand if he doesn’t want to expose himself too much. I will contraddict myself and what I have said yesterday about not talking about this topic anymore, but this touches me personally and I want to share something. 
Every time he discusses about these topics there’s new information emerging that make the whole picture fuzzier. From this I get that there are genetically transmitted mental health disorders in his family. I don’t want to reach conclusions with this, but to give an example and motivate why I think all these discussions about his problems with alcohol are absolutely pointless: one of the most common genetically transmitted metal disorders is the bipolar disorder which, despite many fake representation on media has nothing to do with Dr Jakyll and Mr Hyde. Now, the connection between bipolar disorder and alcohol is still being researched and there’s no definitive truth about it, only doctors and long term therapies can tell the truth about a patient, and people are very different to each other when it comes to this. That said, I have a personal history with multiple people that have been wrongly diagnosed as alcoholics, and that only after a long period of pure hell found out that the problem was residing somewhere else. Alcoholism can be a disease present at the same time of bipolar disorder, but the bipolar disorder can also be the sole cause of alcohol abuse, because alcohol has a perceived therapeutic effect, similar to those of some medication, with of course the difference that it doesn’t actually solve the problem. Does that make the bipolar person an alcoholic? Not necessarily. Does stop drinking alcohol solve the bipolar disorder? Absolutely not. Does it make it better? Maybe, but only a doctor can give recommendations, but taking the right medications and being part of the correct therapy path definitely is more important. 
Am I assuming that Billie is bipolar, and that he certainly is not an alcoholic?Absolutely not, what I am saying is that we have no fucking clue of what’s going on, we do not know his clinical record or what he has been diagnosed with. We are assuming that his problem is being an alcoholic based on a bunch of interviews from 5-6 years ago which could be as far as possible from the current reality, his current diagnosis, and his therapy. 
And the reasons why he is looking at that incident in a different way can be multiple, can be denial as the result of a new understanding of himself, his condition, and how to fix it. 

3 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I mean now that I see the whole thing, that’s really idiotic. Associating a music record to cocaine in such way if fucking dumb. I get wanting to be provocative, but anyone could have found 100 different ways to do that in a smarter and more effective way. 

Overall a great interview, some really honest and deep analysis about himself, that only convince me more about the fact that having a meaningful discussion about his health is impossible. On one hand I feel sorry for him for having to discuss publicly about his personal life, on the other hand I think at this point he could do good being even more open, since mental health is still such an idiotic stigma in this society, and we still don’t talk enough about it publicly. But I also understand if he doesn’t want to expose himself too much. I will contraddict myself and what I have said yesterday about not talking about this topic anymore, but this touches me personally and I want to share something. 
Every time he discusses about these topics there’s new information emerging that make the whole picture fuzzier. From this I get that there are genetically transmitted mental health disorders in his family. I don’t want to reach conclusions with this, but to give an example and motivate why I think all these discussions about his problems with alcohol are absolutely pointless: one of the most common genetically transmitted metal disorders is the bipolar disorder which, despite many fake representation on media has nothing to do with Dr Jakyll and Mr Hyde. Now, the connection between bipolar disorder and alcohol is still being researched and there’s no definitive truth about it, only doctors and long term therapies can tell the truth about a patient, and people are very different to each other when it comes to this. That said, I have a personal history with multiple people that have been wrongly diagnosed as alcoholics, and that only after a long period of pure hell found out that the problem was residing somewhere else. Alcoholism can be a disease present at the same time of bipolar disorder, but the bipolar disorder can also be the sole cause of alcohol abuse, because alcohol has a perceived therapeutic effect, similar to those of some medication, with of course the difference that it doesn’t actually solve the problem. Does that make the bipolar person al alcoholic? Not necessarily. Does stop drinking alcohol solve the bipolar disorder? Absolutely not. Does it make it better? Maybe, but only a doctor can give recommendations, but taking the right medications and being part of the correct therapy path definitely is more important. 
Am I assuming that Billie is bipolar, and that he certainly is not an alcoholic?Absolutely not, what I am saying is that we have no fucking clue of what’s going on, we do not know his clinical record or what he has been diagnosed with. We are assuming that his problem is being an alcoholist based on a bunch of interviews from 5-6 years ago which could be as far as possible from the current reality, his current diagnosis, and his therapy. 
And the reasons why he is looking at that incident in a different way can be multiple, can be denial as the result of a new understanding of himself, his condition, and how to fix it. 

Yeah it's fucking dumb and clichéd.

Yeah, you're absolutely right that it's impossible to make any conclusions from this and most importantly, I wish it wasn't a topic at all, because it's very personal and I can't imagine it's pleasant to discuss publicly.

That said, at this moment, I don't see it the same way as I've been saying recently. If he's made a conscious choice to have more of a yolo life, it's his right to do so and it's reassuring that he's thinking of harm reduction. I was concerned, but I mean… if this is what improves his life from his point of view, then so be it. (With that being said, I reserve my right to bitch about sloppy performances).

Archived