“Oh Yeah!” Music Video

pacejunkie punk

46 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Everyone’s so focused on this being about technology. I feel like they’re missing the point about self-absorption and not paying attention to what’s happening in the world right now. 

I think if you're focused on one thing or theme in the video then you're missing lots of points. There's so many different layers and themes in this piece of art. They were able to jam something deep and complex into a tune that's so simple in nature. I think that's what makes this a great single. 

Billie hasn't been this spot on for a long time. For me Rev Rad wasn't providing any answers or clarity on our situation just pointing out a lot of the chaos and feeling lost in it. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

1M now 😄 I think it is growing faster than FOAM, isn’t it? 

Edit: ah forgot we had the video after a few days with FOAM, not sure how to compare that 

It’s def grown faster than the FOAM video but yes the fact that that came out awhile after the single did was a big part of it. I’m guessing the video was delayed because they completely changed it.

On the other hand, the FOAM video had the advantage of the song being on the radio when it came out, at least alternative radio, and a lot of people were familiar with the song. OY doesn’t have that yet. 

This deserves every award.

1 million grammys.

5 dozen oscars and

Billie, Mike and Tre get an all you can eat buffet for free at a place of their choice. 

Oh and 95 dollars.

4 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I think if you're focused on one thing or theme in the video then you're missing lots of points. There's so many different layers and themes in this piece of art. They were able to jam something deep and complex into a tune that's so simple in nature. I think that's what makes this a great single. 

Billie hasn't been this spot on for a long time. For me Rev Rad wasn't providing any answers or clarity on our situation just pointing out a lot of the chaos and feeling lost in it. 

Do you feel like Green Day have sort of found themselves this time around and the songs are more focused or centered? I kind of get that from this era. 

They know what's going on. They don't like it.  But they're gonna have a good ole time anyway. 

37 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Do you feel like Green Day have sort of found themselves this time around and the songs are more focused or centered? I kind of get that from this era. 

They know what's going on. They don't like it.  But they're gonna have a good ole time anyway. 

It's too early to tell so I can't really be definitive yet on that. Oh Yeah makes a statement out of the song which was something they weren't going for with Rev Rad. 

I find Rev Rad to have somewhat of a philosophical approach. A lot of questions vs previous albums that were more driven on facts and bold statements intertwined into a fiction based on the non fiction story of someone's every day life in that environment. 

One thing I can say about FOAMF's lyrics is that for the most part the lines read out in a similar fashion as text messages. The lyrics are not indefinite like Rev Rad's but they leave you thinking about them deeper. A sender of a text can't convey tone which leads the recipient to receive it how they wish to receive it. They may disregard it altogether in the illusion that it really meant nothing. Some may find their own meaning to it but that doesn't align with the intention of the sender. Some may know the sender really well and understand their intricacies and receive it as intended.

I think FOAMF is definitive but in it's own fun and lighthearted way but there's undertones and overtones of darker themes that may fly over the head of a listener who's not in the fan base and is more of a casual. 

I wonder when we’ll get the making of video for this one. I hope it’s better than the one they did for FOAM. 

11 hours ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

It’s def grown faster than the FOAM video but yes the fact that that came out awhile after the single did was a big part of it. I’m guessing the video was delayed because they completely changed it.

On the other hand, the FOAM video had the advantage of the song being on the radio when it came out, at least alternative radio, and a lot of people were familiar with the song. OY doesn’t have that yet. 

Apparently, quite a number of views is also caused by Ecuadorian soccer fans because at 1:07, you can see a flag of Barcelona Ecuador behind Mike😂 I had no idea, I just found out when I read the comments on YouTube and there are hundreds of those.

Still hoping the video is also growing for its musical and visual content apart from soccer though, cause it's SO great🥰

13 hours ago, Billie Joe's Eyelids said:

Everyone’s so focused on this being about technology. I feel like they’re missing the point about self-absorption and not paying attention to what’s happening in the world right now. 

And just wilfully ignoring it all

57 minutes ago, jengd said:

And just wilfully ignoring it all

Hence the blood on their hands in their pockets

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wonder when we’ll get the making of video for this one. I hope it’s better than the one they did for FOAM. 

I think they could put that out this week but we can also get something Tyla related since Wolf Sauce shared last week in their story and I wonder if they did something for this video. I think they are just behind the one with Tyla and it could be his video that Billie featured in it.

1.1 million views for the OY video (5.5 for FOAM)

8 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

The video is #15 among the YT videos trending worldwide in the music category. Yesterday it was #14. 
https://kworb.net/youtube/trending_music.html 

How the hell is "All I Want for Christmas is You" that high up the list 3 and 1/2 weeks after Christmas 😂

11 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

1.1 million views for the OY video (5.5 for FOAM)

How the hell is "All I Want for Christmas is You" that high up the list 3 and 1/2 weeks after Christmas 😂

We live in an interesting world 😂

10 hours ago, Thatsername said:

Apparently, quite a number of views is also caused by Ecuadorian soccer fans because at 1:07, you can see a flag of Barcelona Ecuador behind Mike😂 I had no idea, I just found out when I read the comments on YouTube and there are hundreds of those.

Still hoping the video is also growing for its musical and visual content apart from soccer though, cause it's SO great🥰

Thank you! Just came here to ask this question 😄

This is a pretty great song!  Also, a muscle man appears in both videos.   

Can't believe I've never heard this!  

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

This is a pretty great song!  Also, a muscle man appears in both videos.   

Can't believe I've never heard this!  

it's ok most of GDC didnt know of it til Oh yeah came out. I only heard it via my dad's music collection lol It's just an ok of a song nothing special, Green Day really did this song justice since the original is crap

Billie Joe Armstrong's mouth dissapears when he sings "bullet proof backpack".  

Watching the video in slow mo now and seeing some other strangeness.   KEEP POSTED.  

That scream at the very end.   

NICE! 

I just realized I haven’t listened to Oh Yeah (or watched the video) today. This is what happens when you’re super busy doing things on your holiday (not vacation, actual holiday - martin Luther king day). i better remedy that ASAP. 

Archived