Stream Green Day on The Game Awards December 12

pacejunkie punk

6 hours ago, Jorgemas said:

The promotion looks just like trilogy, but this time Billie didn’t go to rehab and he is less energetic and hopefully not drunk.  The biggest difference is music quality but the promotion is same

Hey, it can still happen. Billie Joe went to rehab like few days before Uno! was released so let's hope nothing bad happens before FOAMF comes out!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Miko said:

Hey, it can still happen. Billie Joe went to rehab like few days before Uno! was released so let's hope nothing bad happens before FOAMF comes out!

Or after that - because wouldn't that be a bummer if we all ended up seeing Fall Out Boy in stadiums for nothing :P

14 hours ago, Jorgemas said:

The promotion looks just like trilogy, but this time Billie didn’t go to rehab and he is less energetic and hopefully not drunk.  The biggest difference is music quality but the promotion is same

On what ground you are saying that the promotion is the same? Is it the same because they went to iHeart on both occasions and they did something with videogames (stupid angry birds game on one hand, an award show that has the same amount of viewers of the Academy awards on the other one)?

Why is it not the same as the RevRad one then, since they went to the EMA on both occasions, did something with iHeart, and they are going to the AMA again? Why is it not the same as the 21CB one, when they went to EMA, AMA and signed a similar deal to the NHL one with another sport brand? 

36 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

On what ground you are saying that the promotion is the same? Is it the same because they went to iHeart on both occasions and they did something with videogames (stupid angry birds game on one hand, an award show that has the same amount of viewers of the Academy awards on the other one)?

Why is it not the same as the RevRad one then, since they went to the EMA on both occasions, did something with iHeart, and they are going to the AMA again? Why is it not the same as the 21CB one, when they went to EMA, AMA and signed a similar deal to the NHL one with another sport brand? 

I think he means on the ground that they’re promoting way more than they did for RevRad.

They weren't doing a "Hella Mega" tour with Rev Rad. They're doing a massive tour and they have to promote themselves.

Okay I'm putting this one in my calendar so I don't freaking forget like I did with the AMAs!!! 🤦‍♀️

It’s been confirmed that YouTube’s stream of the Game Awards will be in 4K.

GUYS, I DON’T WANT MY PC TO MELT WHILE CAPTURING THIS.

In 9 days !
I've subscribe to The Game Awards twitch channel. I'm readyyyy!

Rock Sound article here about this:

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/green-day-are-making-a-game-related-announcement-at-the-game-awards-this-we

GREEN DAY ARE MAKING A GAME-RELATED ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE GAME AWARDS THIS WEEK

Jot us down as intrigued.

greenday_rockband.jpg

It was announced last month that Green Day are set to make an appearance at the 2019 Game Awards this coming Thursday - but now they're also set to make a game-related announcement at the event.

In an announcement made by the Game Awards founder Geoff Keighley during a livestream Q&A, he shared that alongside musical appearances from both Green Day and CHVRCHES, Green Day have a “really awesome video game announcement they’ll be making.”

Green Day aren't strangers to video games either - as seen in the screenshot above, they were part of the original Rockband game back in 2010.

As yet, there's no context for what the announcement is - but it's been speculated that they'll be announcing an expansion pack for the popular VR game Beat Saber. 

The 2019 Game Awards are streaming live this coming Thursday. Check out the details below:

Another one here from playstationlifestyle.net:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/12/09/green-day-the-game-awards-2019/

Green Day (Yes, the Band) Has a Game Announcement at The Game Awards 2019

Geoff Keighley’s The Game Awards has always been a platform for unique and unexpected announcements, and the host has been tweeting lots of photos, videos, and live streams to get people hyped for what’s coming. One of those live streams had a fan question about what celebrities would be at the show. In addition to a musical performance by CHVRCHES, Keighley said that Green Day would be at The  Game Awards 2019 making a “video game announcement.”

Yes, Green Day, the band, has a “really awesome video game announcement they’ll be making.” That’s all Keighley said about the matter, but it instantly conveys a flurry of theories about what Green Day could possibly be announcing on The Game Awards 2019 stage Thursday night. My gut reaction says it’s a Green Day music pack for Beat Saber, and as a guy with a massive American Idiot tattoo on my arm, you could say I’m thrilled at the possibility. However, it could also be a Green Day collaboration with any other number of games, or, even less likely, a Shaq Fu-styled Green Day game starring that iconic trio as they seek to take on the forces of evil. I’m leaning heavily on that Beat Saber Green Day music pack theory though. It wouldn’t be the first time Green Day has had deep involvement with a video game. Back in 2010, they made Green Day Rock Band with Harmonix.

In many of his live streams, Keighley takes the time to answer fan questions about the show, at least as much as he can. When asked about things that have leaked, Keighley stated, “As far as I know, nothing about our show has leaked right now.” So don’t expect Resident Evil 3 remake or Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC to appear, mostly because those are the big obvious leaks of the last week and Keighley has confirmed that neither of them leaked from The Game Awards 2019. “Yeah, we never planned to do anything with that inside of the show.”

Keighley also stated that he’s got a big announcement about the “next generation of The Game Awards” coming up in the next couple of days, and says that it’s something he’s been working on all year. And that’s not all. “Not only The Game Awards but I’ve got two more projects to reveal for you guys that I’ve been cooking up in the Keighley labs.”

You can catch the Green Day The Game Awards 2019 announcement this Thursday evening. The Game Awards 2019 will begin streaming at 8:30 PM ET / 5:30 PM PT on December 12.

A beat saber expansion would actually be pretty cool, I like that game :D 

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can anyone explain to me what kind of game Beat Saber is? I’m clueless on gaming.

Basically Star Wars + music :D 

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can anyone explain to me what kind of game Beat Saber is? I’m clueless on gaming.

It’s a game where you basically hold two color correspondent swords, and slice down block patterns that head towards you in synchronization with music.

3 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

The PC version with mods is basically the only way to play, although this would alleviate the issue for me, haha. You can’t have a rhythm game without licensed tracks! :lol:

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

14 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Basically Star Wars + music :D 

It's a virtual reality game played on an Oculus Quest system.

That actually looks really cool.  I only know Fruit Ninja as a similar thing but it’s a lot of fun, doing it timed to Green Day music would be even better.

33 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

It’s a game where you basically hold two color correspondent swords, and slice down block patterns that head towards you in synchronization with music.

The PC version with mods is basically the only way to play, although this would alleviate the issue for me, haha. You can’t have a rhythm game without licensed tracks! :lol:

There have been a bunch of licensed songs on the PS4 version as well for a while. There are imagine dragons and panic at the disco songs now, for example. But yeah, PC will always be superior in terms of mods :D 

Here are the sites that you can watch the awards/GD's performance on:

Twitch TV (apple tv app available. i think twitch is available on roku, but not sure)

Youtube (available on apple tv app/roku):

Facebook (a direct link to the livestream isn't available as of this post):

https://www.facebook.com/thegameawards/

For additional info:

Twitch stream: 1080p 60fps

YouTube stream: 4K 30fps

Facebook stream: 1080p 30fps (most likely)

So, there is a video of Geoff Keighley talking about the bands performing this year, and he does said that all of those performances "relate to video games in really interesting and surprising ways" 🤔🤔🤔

5 hours ago, Jhonib said:

So, there is a video of Geoff Keighley talking about the bands performing this year, and he does said that all of those performances "relate to video games in really interesting and surprising ways" 🤔🤔🤔

So Green Day will play dressed up as the Pokemon Sword and Shield starters! I KNEW IT!

My little brother had me play beat saber once, it seems to be a modern day guitar hero equivalent of sorts.

I'd bet this is single #3 drop too

I don’t even know what an expansion pack is.

Anyway, here’s the last post about in case the stage set gives any clues.

Archived