The Boo (Armstrong Family Band) Vinyl Avaliable from Uncool Records

Liam

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Alf said:

45 dollars for a 7inch... are the Armstrongs running out of money?

You also get a shirt and a sticker. So they're still very punk, amirite :P

34 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

You also get a shirt and a sticker. So they're still very punk, amirite :P

I was expecting a 15 dollar vinyl tops.... It's sad, because I really wanted this record... but 45 dollar plus shipping is way too expensive

24 minutes ago, Alf said:

I was expecting a 15 dollar vinyl tops.... It's sad, because I really wanted this record... but 45 dollar plus shipping is way too expensive

Beats paying $200-$300 like they usually go for 

24 minutes ago, Alf said:

Yeah, it's been that way with Green Day stuff recently :ermm:

Is Uncool Records a replacement for Adeline?

37 minutes ago, Todd said:

Beats paying $200-$300 like they usually go for 

Exactly - I snatched one as soon as  I had the chance!

Has it sold out? Just curious. I’m hoping that Joey can make this Uncool Records thing work. Really an uphill battle these days with his focus on signing bands. As opposed to hip hop or individual R & B singers.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Is Uncool Records a replacement for Adeline?

No. My understanding is Uncool Records is SWMRS thing. They are doing everything themselves which is why international shipping is so high. 

3 hours ago, Alf said:

Nah considering theres only a few hundred (300 I think?), $45 for a limited edition vinyl with a sweatshirt and some stickers is actually pretty solid!

3 hours ago, Todd said:

I ordered it earlier today. I thought it was a few stickers, not just one?

Thank you again for waking me up at 5am for this 😂

Just now, Liam said:

Nah considering theres only a few hundred (300 I think?), $45 for a limited edition vinyl with a sweatshirt and some stickers is actually pretty solid!

Thank you again for waking me up at 5am for this 😂

it is if you receive your wage in us dollars. Yesterday the Brazilian money reached its worst cotation in comparison with dollar in our history (1 Brazilian real = 4,20 dollars).... and here we have a problem with import products... if an item bought abroad costs more that 50 dollar (they count the shipping too), the government can add an import fee to your package, and usually it is like 60% of the declared worth of the item...

45 (item) + 20 (shipping) + 35/40 (import fee) = 110 dollars, multiply it for 4.20 it reach 500 Real easy... 'only' 50% of the minimum wage here

I know it is a rare item, but it's way too expensive 

1 hour ago, Alf said:

it is if you receive your wage in us dollars. Yesterday the Brazilian money reached its worst cotation in comparison with dollar in our history (1 Brazilian real = 4,20 dollars).... and here we have a problem with import products... if an item bought abroad costs more that 50 dollar (they count the shipping too), the government can add an import fee to your package, and usually it is like 60% of the declared worth of the item...

45 (item) + 20 (shipping) + 35/40 (import fee) = 110 dollars, multiply it for 4.20 it reach 500 Real easy... 'only' 50% of the minimum wage here

I know it is a rare item, but it's way too expensive 

I understand that this really sucks, but it’s impossible to set up prices based on global values fluctuations and import taxes. A limited edition vinyl can easily reach 50$ on its own, especially if it’s something with such a limited printing volume, this is a 7inch but it comes with a t-shirt (25-35$ on average as a standalone I would say), and a set of stickers (5-10$ at least). It’s a normal price, unfortunately.

They probably don't see it as charging $45 for a vinyl since the point of the bundle isn't to sell The Boo. It's there to raise the profile of Uncool Records by getting people to buy (and possibly wear) a jumper and stickers they'd never consider otherwise. It absolutely sucks for fans in less fortunate countries but yeah, it's pretty standard marketing.

It's expensive guys, no matter what argument you are using, it's expensive even for local buyers. They look like ebay scalpers for originally selling it for 45 dollars

I thought the price was great? It was my understanding that The Boo was a limited edition thing to begin with that if you were lucky enough to find one sold for $100+. Add the long sleeve which usually goes for $25 and some $5 stickers I thought it was great and didn’t hesitate to buy. Even without knowing about The Boo and how exclusive it my boyfriend who is very stingy on things agreed it was a good deal (to my surprise). Plus, free shipping for the US was very nice. Not to mention, this is to get attention to Uncool and they’ve been doing things like the free show and everything to get more attention to it. I think all the swmrs boys are involved but Joey seems to be spearheading it and I love his passion for it. 

Was lucky to snag one last night. The price is not bad at all, like Todd mentioned, this thing has been a rare find and even if you did it was $200-$300 at ebay or discogs. Been eyeing it for a long time, so $45 for such a rare item and original pressing is a go for me. The shirt and stickers are extra lol

36 minutes ago, Alf said:

It's expensive guys, no matter what argument you are using, it's expensive even for local buyers. They look like ebay scalpers for originally selling it for 45 dollars

It was priced normally for a bundle of items. Compare it to what Green Day is charging for their bundles, and this was priced reasonably. 

Some of you are forgetting it was more than just the 7”. 

Obviously most people only want the vinyl and not the rest. They wouldn't be selling the vinyl otherwise though, because that's not the point of the bundle. The vinyl is basically bait to get people to buy the rest, which isn't that expensive when most bands charge $45+ for jumpers alone. That price isn't even for the rarity of the record, it's just for the jumper. I don't care about The Boo and I think it's reasonable.

The thing is, it's limited, so after a while you can sell it on ebay with profit. $45 isn't a completely negligible amount, it's about as much as I pay for public transport in my city for a year and almost as much as I paid for a GD ticket, but when you can sell it for $200 or 300 on secondary market, it's a good investment. It's about 450% revenue.

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

it's about as much as I pay for public transport in my city for a year

WHAT

1 hour ago, Khaleesi. said:

WHAT

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure I spend well over a thousand on  public transportation in the form of monthly bus passes.

Archived