Green Day to headline Rock for People 2020 - 18-20 June 2020

Rumpelstiltskin2000

I couldn't find this show in the tour section so am making a thread for it:

https://www.festicket.com/magazine/news/rock-people-2019-green-day-1975-fall-out-boy-headline/

Rock For People 2019: Green Day, The 1975 & Fall Out Boy To Headline

Though Rock For People has an illustrious history, entertaining true rock royalty like Arctic Monkeys, Queens Of The Stone Age, Paramore, and even Muse during it's quarter-of-a-century lifespan, 2020's edition is sure to cement the festival's position as the country's foremost rock music festival.

Previously announced to headline were both Green Day and Fall Out Boy, stopping off at Hradec Králové's Festivalpark inbetween their gigantic Hella Mega Tour with Weezer (who, funnily enough, will also appear at Rock For People).

The cherry-on-top, however, is the announcement of final headliner, The 1975; Matt Healy and co are already considered as one of the UK's best mainstream musical exports in recent years, and welcome both critical and commercial acclaim in equal measure.

It's shaping up to be an exciting prospect of punk, rock, and pop, with plenty more names to be revealed.

74614894_2489564324412313_74100304621621

15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

So excited for Horkýže Slíže

Is that a Czech band?

2 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Is that a Czech band?

Almost :P It's Slovak and I'd describe is as pop-punk with mostly joke lyrics

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Almost :P It's Slovak and I'd describe is as pop-punk with mostly joke lyrics

Cool

It reminds me of something else but I can't remember what it is! 

Also, just been on the website and is it just me or have the day passes for GD already sold out? 

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Cool

It reminds me of something else but I can't remember what it is! 

Also, just been on the website and is it just me or have the day passes for GD already sold out? 

I don't think there were day passes at all. The presale started with cheaper 3 day passes and then the price went up, but they still were three-day tickets. I read on Facebook that tickets for individual days will be issued closer to the festival if the whole event doesn't sell out until then. I checked and last year, the day tickets went on sale in April. I can let you know if I find anything out about the day tickets.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don't think there were day passes at all. The presale started with cheaper 3 day passes and then the price went up, but they still were three-day tickets. I read on Facebook that tickets for individual days will be issued closer to the festival if the whole event doesn't sell out until then. I checked and last year, the day tickets went on sale in April. I can let you know if I find anything out about the day tickets.

That would make sense.

I don't suppose I'll be going to this anyway but you never know!

Archived