Coverups & Dead Mermaids at Tiki Bar Dec 6th

Squashie

Just now, DadBod said:

Jealous I’m not in Southern California anymore... (weather was so much more like able too)

Wish it were The Longshot thought ngl

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Wow !! It give me flashbacks of last Thursday show with The Interrupters 😍 Seriously those guys are amazing !!

What a lineup ! C'mon Hella Mega just start already please

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Wow !! It give me flashbacks of last Thursday show with The Interrupters 😍 Seriously those guys are amazing !!

What a lineup ! C'mon Hella Mega just start already please

I’m so excited they are on the North American run of hella mega! I love their music. 

• Like 2

Yes I can't wait to see this show.  I still can't believe I got tickets, hubby bought one from his computer and I got in and got it.

• Like 2

Wow imagine seeing them play cool covers AND crazy "Icelandic death metal" from Tre all in one night in a small venue. That is goddamn awesome

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Kerrang! - of course - have reported on this show:

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/green-day-side-project-the-coverups-have-announced-a-show/

GREEN DAY SIDE-PROJECT THE COVERUPS HAVE ANNOUNCED A SHOW

The Coverups will be performing later in the year with their friends in The Interrupters supporting. What a line-up, eh?

Before Green Day busy themselves with a jam-packed 2020 – which will include the release of their new album Father Of All…, and the epic Hella Mega Tour – one of the band’s many side-projects have announced a surprise show.

The Coverups, whose members include the band themselves as well as many of their alumni, will be performing in the run-up up to Christmas at the Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, joined by their friends in The Interrupters, plus One Less Zero, Dead Mermaids and Dead Sound.

While the band’s line-up has typically included Green Day’s own Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt, news of the gig was actually confirmed by drummer Tré Cool, who wrote in the caption, “Holy shit! I can’t wait!” suggesting he might actually be behind the kit at this particular date. Very interesting…

If you’re yet to see what a Coverups show consists of, check this out:

hqdefault.jpg

Following The Coverups’ gig on December 6, Green Day will be releasing their 13th studio album, Father Of All…, two months later – and it’s a record that the band created in order to “fuck with people”.

“Do you want to go back and do the same old thing?” Tré told Kerrang!. “We don’t want to do what everyone would expect us to do, so it was just kinda mischief and making it fun. That was the bottom line of it.”

“There’s a very fine line threading the needle for us, because we do want to try new things, but we always want to make sure it’s absolute Green Day, you know?” added Billie Joe. “It’s a very fine line – clever and stupid (laughs). But Green Day’s credo is mischief, no matter what. We’re always down for mischief and we want to fuck with people… to the point of it being abusive!”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

“The Coverups, whose members include the band themselves as well as many of their alumni” ? What does that mean? Alumni? Graduates of Green Day? 😂 

And the author missed the fact that Tre is in Dead Mermaids, meaning he’s of course involved in the show but not as a surprise drummer for The Coverups 🙄

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

“The Coverups, whose members include the band themselves as well as many of their alumni” ? What does that mean? Alumni? Graduates of Green Day? 😂 

And the author missed the fact that Tre is in Dead Mermaids, meaning he’s of course involved in the show but not as a surprise drummer for The Coverups 🙄

Yep, Kerrang normally know better but crap reporting again.

Hey- anyone who's going to this. Winston Smith has the original cover art for Insomniac on display at the Haight Street Art Center in SF until December 7th. So if you're flying in or visiting for just a day or two, you'll be just in time to check it out! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Todd said:

Hey- anyone who's going to this. Winston Smith has the original cover art for Insomniac on display at the Haight Street Art Center in SF until December 7th. So if you're flying in or visiting for just a day or two, you'll be just in time to check it out! 

The show is in SoCal though