Coverups & Dead Mermaids at Tiki Bar Dec 6th

Squashie

8 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

He’s not our friend, he’s a music star who plays in a band called Green Day and at the same time he is the representative of a company called Green Day Inc. With that it comes that whenever he releases an interview he has to find a compromise between honesty and marketing strategy, a balance that most probably he has to agree and define with a marketing and press team. 
The RR promotion was all about redemption and demarcation from the Trilogy mess, no surprise he said/had to say stuff like that in that era’s interviews. For sure some of that came straight from his hearth, but at the same time I’m pretty sure that part of that was pushed for marketing reasons. And the same applies to whatever they say today. 
Asking for honesty and transparency to a music star, especially when it comes to such delicate and personal topics, is a bit naive IMHO.  

Well, I’m not that dumb you know. I just want to point out that he’s a bit hypocritical at times but he’s not shy to tell if others say some shit.

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m sure when he told RS in 2013 “that was my last drink. It’s documented” and if he ever felt like drinking again he only had to watch that video, and the stuff about letting the fans down etc. he meant it.  At the time he meant it.  But addiction’s a bitch and after a while you get complacent and forget and start to rationalize that you can handle it when the desire returns, which it does.  It’s a lifetime struggle for anyone but it doesn’t mean his intentions weren’t pure and different fresh out of rehab.

At this point I’m confident that he never really got sober and that rehab thing wasn’t something serious and it served as a damage control for the record company. The problem were pills and other substances not alcohol. Now when GD is out of their contract I think he will loosen up a bit again. He’s been drinking publicly since like 2 years at least so.. It looks like he doesn’t give a shit anymore. I really have mixed emotion about it because I was really in a bad place emotionally when the whole rehab thing started and I truly felt for a moment that GD is over. I don’t want to feel like that ever again and see Billie doing potentionally life threatening things, like jumping off the balcony. We can all agree on that, right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I understand being concerned, but IMHO I often read posts that cross the line between being concerned and inappropriate. No one here is Billie’s doctor or family. We know he had drinking problems, and that in an interview he called himself an alcoholic, but also that at that time he had plenty of other problems, including other addictions. We are not his doctor nor his family so we don’t know what his actual diagnosis was, and currently is, we don’t know if the main problem were the pills, alcohol, or the combination of alcohol and pills. We don’t know if he was actually a problem drinker, or if he is still seeing a doctor.  
So we actually don’t know anything and I think it’s of very bad taste to keep making diagnosis, prognosis and therapy on a forum, for someone we don’t actually know anything about. 

This

6 hours ago, Montclare said:

Just for those who say he was drinking all along, he used to mark off his sobriety on his IG.  Personally, I wish that he wouldn't drink, but know there's not much I can do as a fan but hope for the best.  But we do have an emotional connection to him, so it's natural for us to care about what happens to him.

I think he literally only did that this one time and even then he never describes himself as sober or teetotal etc, could just mean 4 years since he got himself sorted (which doesn't necessarily mean becoming teetotal). Like, I understand caring about him but he has been seen with alcoholic drinks many times since not long after his rehab and hasn't gone around describing himself as sober so even setting aside the fact it's up to him and we have no control over it anyway I don't think seeing him having a drink is particular cause for alarm on its own.

If it came to light that he was having a problem that would be the time to express concern. It shouldn't be that every time there's a show/event where he drinks or gets wild it has to turn into a discussion about his health. There's just no point in it, just like there was no point all the other times over the last 6 years that he had a drink in his hand or did something wild at a show and people worried and speculated and nothing happened.

That said, just catching up with this and wow what a night! Super lucky people that were there, dream show. Looks like tons of fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FeylGD said:

Well, I’m not that dumb you know. I just want to point out that he’s a bit hypocritical at times but he’s not shy to tell if others say some shit.

I never thought you are dumb, and sorry if I came out that way, just expressing my point of view :)  Anyway, I think I’ve never met a person that is always completely coherent with what he does or say. And I think when it comes to the music business this is necessarily part of the package and one can’t expect otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

My paper is finished and this thread is still going!

Congrats I'm proud of you :)

• Thanks 1

the show was absolutely amazing. I haven't had time to go thru the whole thread, has anyone done a legit recap yet? If not I will try to do one soon

• Like 2

1 minute ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

the show was absolutely amazing. I haven't had time to go thru the whole thread, has anyone done a legit recap yet? If not I will try to do one soon

I don't think there's a proper recap yet :ga:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

Would love to read your recap!!

9 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Gross

What’s even grosser is the blackened filter tip is what his lungs now look like 🤢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Geez it’s gotta be said. I’ve just read some recent comments on here, the Instagram thread, and the closed “album after FOAMF” thread. I’ve come to the conclusion that a lot of people on this forum are either drama queens or conspiracy theorists. Not all mind you, and I’m not saying people can’t express opinions. I’ve expressed mine. And I love the humor. But geez., some of it is just spewing poison without knowing all the facts. Chill out people. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...